Our First Cruise- It's going to be Magic!

kimkwoods

Earning My Ears
Hello! This is my first cruise and first pre-trip report, so please bear with me as I'm just getting a feel for things. We aren't cruising until October, but I'm so excited and I wanted to start documenting it now. :)

Who's going:

Kim (me)- 30
Greg (DH)- 29
Ada (DD)- 12 months (18 months at time of sailing)
Bev (MIL)

I love my mother-in-law and I'm super excited she's coming with us. It will also really help to have someone else to watch Ada.

When and Where:

5 night Western Caribbean on the Magic- Itinerary A
October 18-23rd

18 Miami, Florida
19 At Sea
20 Cozumel, Mexico
21 At Sea
22 Castaway Cay
23 Miami, Florida

Stateroom

We're in 2512- Category 09C Deluxe Oceanview stateroom.

Planning

Well, I am in the very early stages of planning. So far I have the cruise booked and have favorited a couple of excursions in Cozumel. My husband loves to lay on the beach, so I have to make sure to schedule time to just hang out. He also really enjoys snorkeling, so we'll probably end up with a snorkel and beach excursion. My next task is to get passports all straightened out. My husband's passport expired, mine expired and I need to change the name, and we need to get one for Ada. Well, that's all I have for this time, hopefully I remember to keep up with this! :teeth:

We are doing this same cruise just in January :) I will be following along :) Are you gonna stay over night the day before?

:welcome:

Glad to have a follower! I'm not sure if we're going to stay the night before. I'm pushing for it because we live 16 hours from Miami and we're driving, but the husband doesn't want to spend more money. I think it would be nice to have some rest before we get on the ship.

I understand. Hotels in Miami are soooo expensive. We only live 4 hours away. We were gonna drive down the morning of but we just learned that it is Miami Marathon Weekend... Sooo I am hoping for a good rate really really close to the port because they are shutting down a ton of streets the day our cruise departs :) If at the last minute or really close to your cruise day check hotwire and other places like that they tend to have really good last minute rates. :)

So, I went ahead and booked a hotel. :rolleyes1 I just checked Hotwire and found a deal for a downtown Miami hotel and got 60% off! It looks like we'll be staying at Hotel Urbano the night before the cruise.

pool--v2038841_zpsyqcg5iwn.jpg

HI I am going on the Magic but a 3 day out of Part Canaveral but I am looking forward to your trip to hear all about the Magic:)

We will be on the Magic for 5 nights in May, can't wait and love to see everyones plans. So much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter