Our First Disney Vacation June 11-19 2010

Angel59920

Mouseketeer
This is our first time ever going to Disney. I have wanted to go for years now but DH just didn't want to go. So this year we let the kids pick where they wanted to go for vacation and Disney it was. This is my first time doing a PTR. We are 31 days out and I'm getting really excited.

Here is a little bit about the cast of this vacation.

DSC_0092.jpg

I'm Angel 29 yrs old and mother of two wonderful kids.

DH is Brian 30 yrs old and not excited at all about going to Disney. Would like to be going back to Mexico this year instead.

Tyler is 8 and going to be 9 on the day we leave for Disney. What a nice birthday present that is going to be.

Cora is 4 and going to be 5 at the end of this month. She can't wait to meet all the princess.

Sorry the picture is so big first time doing this and need to work on it.

Here is my plan for the 9 days we are there.

June 11-After we check in to the hotel we will go to Magic Kingdom. I would like to see the parade that night. But we will have to see how everybody feels.

June 12-Animal Kingdom

June 13-Hollywood Studios and Fantasmic

June14-Epcot

June15-Magic Kingdom and the fireworks

June16-Epcot and Illumination

June17-Magic Kingdom

June18-Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney

Here is a list of places we are going to eat at.

1900 Park Fare for Dinner
Donald Safari for breakfast
Jiko-The cooking place
Cape May breakfast
Sci Fi theater for dinner
Akershus for breakfast
Biergarten for lunch
Coral Reef for dinner
Chef Mickey for breakfast
Cinderella Castle for dinner
Lilo and Stitch for breakfast
Le Cellier for dinner
Crystal Place for breakfast
Tony's Town Square for dinner
1900 Park Fare for breakfast
Raglen Road for dinner

I have been planning this trip since before Christmas. We will be staying at the Disney's All Star Music. I didn't want to spend extra money on a better hotel, I know that we won't be in the room to much. I have read all about the different rides and shows so I guess I'm ready.

Our plane leaves at 7:30am and we should be there by 9:50am. After we check in at the hotel we are going to go to Magic Kingdom and walk around and get the feel of being in Disney World.

Hello fellow Marylander:goodvibes That first Disney trip is so great, but be prepared for the heat and the crowds! We went last year in June (and we're going this year) and it was hot. I recommend getting to the parks at rope drop, leaving for a swim break after lunch and heading back in the evenings.

Hello fellow Marylander:goodvibes That first Disney trip is so great, but be prepared for the heat and the crowds! We went last year in June (and we're going this year) and it was hot. I recommend getting to the parks at rope drop, leaving for a swim break after lunch and heading back in the evenings.

Yeah I know it's going to be hot. I hope that it isn't to crowded but I will be prepared if it is. I made all my ADR's for breakfast around 8:00am so I might not make rope drop each morning but we will be there around 9:00am or so. I didn't make a plan for which rides we are going to do when. It is a vacation and I don't want to plan everything out. We know what we want to ride and what shows we want to see so we will just do what we can and if we don't get to it then maybe other day. I was already thinking about going back to the room for a little while in the afternoon. With two young kids I know they will be tried and they won't want to walk all day like that.

We got the kids autograph books and mickey ears yesterday in the mail. I decided to order them before hand so we didn't have to stop and get them before we went into the parks. Trying to not have to go into a store with a lot of stuff that the kids will want. We are giving them each money and they will be taking the money they have to spend while we are there. I just don't want to end up with a lot of stuff animals.

:woohoo: for the 1 month mark! If your kids are anything like mine I wish you good luck keeping them away from the stuffed animals. We always come home with at least a couple.:rolleyes:

:woohoo: for the 1 month mark! If your kids are anything like mine I wish you good luck keeping them away from the stuffed animals. We always come home with at least a couple.:rolleyes:

Mine don't usually want them. They would rather have the toy that cost the most and then never play with it. My basement looks like a ToysRus.

Well it's another day of rain here. I can't believe that the kids only have 20 more days of school left. They will miss the last week of school cause we are leaving before school ends. They have to go the extra week this year because of all the snow days we had. I'm hoping for good weather while we are in Disney.

Here is a list of the rides that we would like to ride at each park.

Magic Kingdom

Astro Orbiter
Barnstormer
Big thunder mountain
Buzz lightyear
Cinderella Carousel
Dumbo
Haunted Mansion
It's a small world
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Magic Carpet
Adventures of the Winnie the pooh
Mickey's Philharmagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Snow Whites Scary Adventure
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Stitch's Great Escape
Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Epcot
Honey I shrunk the Audience
Turtle Talk with Crush
Mission: Space
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Wonders of Life

Hollywood Studios

Beauty and the Beast show
Great Movie Ride
Honey I shrunk the kids playground
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Lights, Movie action stunt show
Muppet Vision 3D
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Animal Kingdom

Tricera Top Spin
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo Musical
It's Tough to be a bug
River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safari
Jungle Trek
Oasis
Pangani Exploration Trail
Tree of life

I ordered the kids birthday cakes we will be having them the first night we will be there. It will be Tyler's birthday that day and we will be celebrating Cora's birthday too. She was born just 12 days before Tyler but they are 4 yrs apart. This is there birthday trip. I got the Princess Jewelry box cake for Cora and the pirates one for Tyler. I didn't want to do a big cake cause I didn't want to have any leftovers. I also had to look up airport shuttles to get to the airport on the day that we leave cause it is to early in the morning for anybody to take us.

fellow Marylander here too!

Congrats on your upcoming trip! :cool1:

My DH wasn't sold on the whole "Disney Magical Vacation" thing either. I'm pretty sure he felt as if he was taking one for the team so to speak. But, he ended up really enjoying it. The key to my DH is giving him plenty of time to relax. Good luck getting your DH to enjoy it enough to take you back!

I can't wait to hear all the newsy details. Tell us everything.

fellow Marylander here too!

Congrats on your upcoming trip! :cool1:

My DH wasn't sold on the whole "Disney Magical Vacation" thing either. I'm pretty sure he felt as if he was taking one for the team so to speak. But, he ended up really enjoying it. The key to my DH is giving him plenty of time to relax. Good luck getting your DH to enjoy it enough to take you back!

I can't wait to hear all the newsy details. Tell us everything.

Thanks yeah I hope he likes it wants he gets there. We really like to travel and go to places with blue water and nice sandy beaches. We like to cruise too. So this isn't like any of our other vacations.

We make a countdown thing and now we are down to 24 more days.:woohoo:

Well I now need to find a princess dress for Cora to wear when we have dinner at the castle and of course Tyler wants to dress up too like a pirate so I am now looking for both. I did find a pirate outfit on the web for a good price. I'm going to have to go to the mall to the Disney Store to find Cora's dress.

20 more days until we leave. I'm so excited. Still looking for the dress for Cora and the pirates outfit for Tyler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter