our first DREAM cruise....does this mean we're pirates?

Um, I would LOVE to sit inside a champagne bottle!! I'd likely end up feeling like Dumbo....

I don't have any answers to your questions, but I'm interested to see what others have to say!

Okay, I wish I had answers to all your questions but I am actually taking notes for future reference myself!

Can't wait to see what the next movie night is, you're so good at those!!

thanks! hopefully the kids will be more interested. i'm changing up my plans a little to encourage watching the movie! i'll get those kids to sit and watch tv yet! :laughing:

This looks/sounds AMAZING!!! No wonder you want to do it! I would too! Taking notes for my 2018 cruise now! :cutie:

Can't wait to see them! I think my iron-on projects are getting done next weekend. I hope they turn out as good as yours do! :goodvibes

Yaaay! More kiddy noms to make me hungry looking at them! :laughing:

2018 cruise? yay! i'm so excited--when will you be starting your PTR? ;) i'll be sure to take good notes to pass along any tips I learn.

We did a mixed drink class but it was a private one, so it was arranged ahead of time- but I THOUGHT (again, just a thought) that you COULD sign up for the tastings on first day. SO I would definitely ask.

There honestly is no need to rent a very expensive cabana unless you are really looking for the private cabana experience. There is plenty of shade all around the entire beach. Every two loungers seems to have an umbrella between them. My best advice has always been to get off the ship early and walk farther down the beach away from the boat ...and you should have your pick of prime spots.

i'm sure I'll ask when I get to guest services about the champagne tasting. i'm going to be that annoying person that has 27,000 questions and the people behind me in line are gonna be all, "c'mon!" :faint:

oh, i'm so glad to hear that about the umbrellas! I take some medicine that makes me sort of sick when i'm in the sun for too long. i'll definitely need the shade and i'm sure the kids will too. I plan on running off the boat as soon as they let us the morning we're at castaway. I am all about the beach and want to spend as much time there as I can!

***:confused3:confused:I have another question for you--what is the deal with dinners? we aren't doing any dress up, adult only meals, but what do we wear? do I need to pack dressy stuff, or are shorts/skirt and a nice shirt ok for me and the girls and khaki shorts and a golf shirt ok for DH? I'm worried we're gonna show up to eat and be asked to go change!:confused::confused3

this looks like a piece of heaven! :cloud9:

I wish i had answers too.. I don't because i am learning all this from you all!

I know, right?!!? can NOT wait!

i guess i'll go try all this amazing stuff and report back what I learn, just for you. I don't want you to be unprepared for any future cruise you might take. it'll be quite the sacrifice, but i'm willing to do it.... :rotfl:

Um, I would LOVE to sit inside a champagne bottle!! I'd likely end up feeling like Dumbo....

I don't have any answers to your questions, but I'm interested to see what others have to say!

It just looks so pretty in there! I can't wait to sit in there and just soak it all in (and have some champagne, of course!)

2018 cruise? yay! i'm so excited--when will you be starting your PTR? ;) i'll be sure to take good notes to pass along any tips I learn.
No PTR for that one for a while yet. First I need to finish up the December 2015 PTR and take that trip, followed by October 2016 (WDW), October 2017 (WDW), and then it'll be time for December 2018 (4 nights WDW followed by a 4-night DCL cruise). So... It's still a ways off yet. :cutie:

***:confused3:confused:I have another question for you--what is the deal with dinners? we aren't doing any dress up, adult only meals, but what do we wear? do I need to pack dressy stuff, or are shorts/skirt and a nice shirt ok for me and the girls and khaki shorts and a golf shirt ok for DH? I'm worried we're gonna show up to eat and be asked to go change!

So here's the thing- especially with Disney- you can be as formal as you want or as informal as you want. No one will kick you out or even care.

Some people really love to dress up for dinner & that's part of their cruise experience. Some despise the thought (me, me!) and that's that! I don't know that I ever wore shorts to dinner- I might have changed into capri's. But there were people were shorts all the time. And hubby wore shorts all the time with a golf shirt. We dressed up once- for formal night. It was a pain and I hated it. And I didn't even go all out- I think I wore slacks instead of capri's. :)

Basically I think you will be fine with what you have planned above so long as you are not doing the adult restaurants that ask you to be a little more dressy.

***:confused3:confused:I have another question for you--what is the deal with dinners? we aren't doing any dress up, adult only meals, but what do we wear? do I need to pack dressy stuff, or are shorts/skirt and a nice shirt ok for me and the girls and khaki shorts and a golf shirt ok for DH? I'm worried we're gonna show up to eat and be asked to go change!:confused::confused3

Dinner is pretty casual, DH and DS both wore golf type clothes. Such as nicer shorts and golf shirts. I'm sure I wore capri's, something comfortable. But we did dress up for pirate night and Halloween night, that was fun. :rolleyes: Our uptight table mates bought we were crazy! You'll be fine in capri's or a sundresses. Our youngest wore princess dresses a couple of times.
The only time you'll need anything nicer is if you do Palo or Remy.
I didn't do the champagne tasting but I'm sure they offer it at various times since Pink is pretty small. But beautiful in there!!
I'm sure someone else mentioned there are tons of umbrellas on CC!
September will be here before you know it!! pirate:

sorry that the big day wasn't that, well, big ...probably a bit of "so that's it?" feeling going on.

I know you said you will be "that annoying person that has 27,000 questions and the people behind me in line are gonna be all, "c'mon!" ... but I bet there will be a lot of people behind you thinking "oh wow, I didn't think to ask that - I'm glad she asked that"

sorry that the big day wasn't that, well, big ...probably a bit of "so that's it?" feeling going on.

I know you said you will be "that annoying person that has 27,000 questions and the people behind me in line are gonna be all, "c'mon!" ... but I bet there will be a lot of people behind you thinking "oh wow, I didn't think to ask that - I'm glad she asked that"

I hope so--at least that's what I'll tell myself they're saying! :D

Ok everybody--I'm all excited to post an update but I'm going to have to do it from my phone and I'm sure we've all had adventures using our phones and the DIS.....so, excuse any swearing that occurs during the posting of this update. I guess cussing like a sailor would be appropriate for a cruise PTR, right? Anyway---come, sail away with me (Styx, anyone?)

So this months movie night idea came from our costumes for the Halloween party. Since we are doing Monsters Inc characters, I thought we'd do a monsters university/monsters inc night! Sadly, I took no pictures of the food, because....well, I was lazy. I can tell you our menu though. Ooey gooey oozma kappa pizza, mikes green grapes, George's oranges (George is the monster with the sock on his back-my fave) and PNK's pink lemonade to drink. Yeah, ok, not my best effort. I was really going to go all out with some cute mike and sulley "we have cake...." Cupcakes, but it was Mr X's birthday, so they brought a birthday cake for dessert. And it was delicious!!

I did put up some decorations and the girls helped me make doors to hang up. First up--sign for the bathroom door.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
If you could really see my reflection in the TV, you'd also see I was wearing a Mickey shirt! ;)

The kids actually watched the movie this time!!! Yay!!!!! (Imagine Kermit here waving his arms and shouting--I need to find all the amazing gifs everyone uses!)

image.jpg

Would you just look at these cute faces!

image.jpg

Here's a more normal picture....

image.jpg

And finally, here's a picture of the whole family were traveling with! It was Mr X's birthday so we'll let him get away with the crazy face in all the pictures. :rolleyes:

image.jpg

We just love them!!! it was a great night!

And, the countdown......

image.jpg

Aww, looks like great fun!

And every time I hear that song "come Sail Away" I picture South Park's Cartman singing it....... always makes me giggle!

glad to hear your more recent movie night was more of a success - and great that it fit into your Halloween costumes too!

Oh, and as for having gifs to use in update ... just use google images and search for what you want + gif and you can usually find it

kermit.gif

I guess cussing like a sailor would be appropriate for a cruise PTR, right? Anyway---come, sail away with me (Styx, anyone?)

I have to agree with this.

The kids actually watched the movie this time!!! Yay!!!!! (Imagine Kermit here waving his arms and shouting--I need to find all the amazing gifs everyone uses!)

here is another one....
giphy.gif

Would you just look at these cute faces!

ADORABLE!!!

And, the countdown......

HOLY CROW your almost there!!!! YAHOO

Hooray for another movie night, love it! The door decorations are awesome and woo hoo for the kids for watching the movie!

Love your DD's Inside Out tank, SO cute!

Yay, your countdown is getting so close!

Yea!! You're probably at 60 days as I'm reading this a couple of days after you posted your countdown!! Your movie night looks so cute!

I guess cussing like a sailor would be appropriate for a cruise PTR, right?
Or, if you're me, appropriate for life in general. :blush:

Sadly, I took no pictures of the food, because....well, I was lazy.
That's it. I am 100% done with you, Lori. >:( You know I only show up for the FOOD!

(Imagine Kermit here waving his arms and shouting--I need to find all the amazing gifs everyone uses!)
I typically use giphy.com and reactiongifs.com ... Just search for whatever you're looking for ("excited" or "kermit" or "muppets" or whatever), and see what they offer up. Usually works great! :thumbsup2 And when all else fails... I hit Google up hard, and jack gifs from random websites. (Dang, it feels good to be a gangsta. :smokin:)

Somehow I missed this update! Fun movie night! I love both Monsters movies, and it looks like the kiddos at your house do as well!
Speaking of your kiddos, when did Hannah start looking so grown up! All the kids are super cute, but I could no believe how much older Hannah looks since our last Dismeet.
The days before your cruise are really sailing by quickly (I am so hilarious:rotfl:)! I am getting excited for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter