Our first ever trip finally happened! Just back from a week at the Fort Nov. 2014!

Okay, so our fifth day there was our Animal Kingdom day! We weren't in a huge hurry this morning and so we arrived at AK just after the park had opened. My younger two were very interested in the birds and other animals so they spent a little bit of time talking w/ some of the CM's and then we headed for the Maharajah Jungle trail.

16262061836_670ec320b6.jpg

Unfortunately, due to the cold and/or timing most of the animals were not out. Then we wanted to see the Flights of Wonder show, but we were too early and by the time we made it back it was too late. :sad1:

So then we tried to get on Expedition Everest but it was not running. We had some pics taken anyway.

16286204431_4ebd28f3f1.jpg

After that I feel like we spent a lot of time walking back and forth and not doing anything... Eventually we found our way to the It's Tough to Be a Bug show! I was worried that DS10 would be scared and/or hate it because he is terrified of bees and other flying insects, but he did really well. I, however, was freaked out by the things that crawl under you right at the end!! :eek:

16100446778_6d84c28032.jpg

We ate lunch at Yak & Yeti (counter service) and then made our way towards Dinoland. Biggest. Mistake. Ever! I didn't realize that it was basically a carnival or we never would have gone over there. I wasn't about to pay more money for the kids to play carny games at DW. My DD was too short to go on whatever coaster was over there - cue huge meltdown - and the ride she could go on was the same as Dumbo w/ a different theme. I wanted DD to get her face painted but she was way too upset! I didn't even see the Boneyard which I had read is fun for the kids, but we had to rush off to make it to the Finding Nemo musical in time for the next show. I was really hoping she would fall asleep during Nemo and get some much needed rest, but no such luck. We did however, all enjoy the show!

Afterwards, we found out that EE had opened and that they would let use use our FP from earlier in the day so we headed over and use Child Swap to ride. It was cool! DD was still a little cranky so we grabbed our only Mickey Ice Creams of our trip - Yum!
16288008575_39ec0c01c4.jpg

Then, since my DS7 had been begging me all day to ride Kali River Rapids and it had finally warmed up a little (to about 60 degrees) I finally allowed them to go on as long as they wore ponchos. DS13 and I decided not to risk it! The rest of the family loved it though!
16100663130_6c2d7dc946.jpg

You can barely see DD there next to DH, and the boys on the left.
16287188132_af86191844.jpg

They came out fairly unscathed. Just DS10's pants and some splashes on DH - who wasn't even wearing a poncho.

After that we finally headed off towards Africa to see the Festival of a Lion King show which was amazing! As a former dancer, I think the dancing/twirling birds were my favorite. The kids all really enjoyed this show as well.
16287180192_a2719b2825.jpg

When that was over we got in line for the Kilimanjaro Safari... My DD, DS10, and I were in the very last row of our vehicle. I don't know what the Safari is "supposed" to be like since that was our only time going on it but the ride was so rough, and our driver was so crazy that I was seriously afraid that my DD would be thrown from the vehicle!!! I was griping on to her with a death grip which she hated.... BUT we did get to see some really cool animals, and when our driver stopped I was actually able to get some really great pictures! I think had we not been in the very last row I would have actually really enjoyed this.
16288004035_a8693bab54.jpg

16100652010_de6b7ce16f.jpg

16262070036_e53ba58ba6.jpg

After our Safari we wanted to explore the Pangani Trail but the CM's would not let us because it was 4:30pm and the park closed at 5pm. So that was disappointing, but we were basically all ushered towards the exit at that point so we left.
As we were leaving we saw this:
16286217231_d04294851e.jpg

What were our plans for the rest this early evening??? Well, it has to do with marshmallows... stay tuned!

15665585574_0b95d3eff8.jpg

So, after leaving AK we headed back to Fort Wilderness and decided to get some Trail's End to go for dinner. We took it back to our cabin and hung out for a little bit, and I went and did some laundry. :laundy:

Then we headed over to the Campfire Sing-a-long and Movie! I was so excited because they were playing Maleficent and I hadn't seen it yet. We dressed warm and took a couple of blankets along, but we got there late and had to sit in the way back. We sang a couple of songs, and roasted a couple of marshmellows and made smores. Yum! The kids got to visit with Chip and get his autograph in their book, but we missed Dale because they had to leave. :(

16101849819_600dbfcbde.jpg

Then the movie started... DD fell asleep towards the end, but the rest of the kids did pretty well. I really liked it! Afterwards, we all went back to the cabin and went to sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter