• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our first family vacation - day 1

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
Wednesday, February 9th, 2005
Cast - me, DH and DS (18 months)

Woke up at the ungodly hour of 4:15. Jumped in the shower, woke up DH and slipped a sleeping toddler into his snowsuit. My husband's BIL picked us up at 5 a.m. and dropped us off at the airport.

We cleared U.S. Customs quickly and sat back to eat some breakfast and wait for our 7:35 flight to Minneapolis. DS was sleeping again before we even left the runway! Arrived in Minneapolis after a 75 minute flight. We had a two hour layover so spent some time at the children's play area and ate a second breakfast at McDonald's. Once we boarded the plane to Anaheim we had a delay as there was a backup on the runway. DS was awesome on this 3.5 hour flight. He slept most of it and than played nicely during the landing. I was so impressed with him!

We arrived at John Wayne at about 1:30 p.m. There was a hold up as DS's car seat wasn't unloaded with the rest of the luggage. After finding the NW office we sorted it all out but ended up taking half hour to do so. Found a cab and headed towards Disneyland!

It was a beautiful day - perfect California weather. Once we arrived at the Carousel Inn we changed and went for a refreshing swim. On the whole we quite liked the Carousel. However the pool leaves something to be desired. It was the smallest pool I have ever seen! Can't imagine how packed it must be in July!

After our swim we got ready to cross the street to Disneyland. For our first meal we ate at the Refreshment Corner restaurant on Main Street U.S.A. We just wanted something quick. I had the Chili in the Sourdough bread bowl and DH had a Chili Dog with Chips ($17.96 was the total with a drink - used a $15 meal plan voucher and topped off the difference). Not impressed with the meal.

After eating we rode IASW and let DS play in Toontown on Donald's boat and Chip n' Dale's Treehouse.

We left the park at 6:30 p.m. It was open until 8 however it was already 8:30 our time back home and we had been up so early and were all tired after all that traveling. We stopped at one of the mini-marts on Harbor and got some milk and other drinks for the fridge in the room beforing turning in.

I am glad you mentioned writing a trip report on another thread, Maxie :)
I will be going May 17-21 and will be staying at the Carousel Inn so I am interested in reading about it.
I have not been to DL in 5 years, it seems like in that time period there have been many changes. I continue on to read more of your report! :goodvibes
::MinnieMo
Enid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter