• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our first family vacation - Day 2

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
Thursday, February 10th

Woke up at 6:45. We had gone to bed so early the night before and with the time difference I woke up and could not get back to sleep.

We tried out the continenal breakfast at the hotel. It wasn't too bad. Mostly pastries, toast and fruit. We were all ready to go but had to wait around until EE started at 9. The weather was decent. We were in FL by about 10 after 9. Got to do a lot - Dumbo, Carousel, Alice, Pinocchio and the Storybook Canel. Wasn't sure how DS would be on the darker rides like Pinocchio but he did great! The lines weren't too bad. However Storybook took forever to load!

We left the park about 10:40 and walked to the GCH for brunch at Storytellers at 11. As it was the tail end of the breakfast it was empty so we had a lot of character interaction. Unfortunately our digital camera's memory card was full and didn't get pictures of this breakfast. I think because the restaurant was so empty the characters had no one else to entertain and wouldn't leave DS alone! I think he was getting annoyed with them after a while!

The meal was good. We had meal vouchers that paid for it which was great. The characters left before we had finished eating. I guess because the Character Breakfast only lasts until 11:30.

We took the DD MR back to into DL and met a nice man who told us a lot about DL's history and his pin collection :sad2: . Most have been a native Californian.... :teeth: Once we got off the MR DS discovered the little car in the Autopia shop. He loved playing in this car so let him play for a while before taking him back to the room for a nap.

f50a19e5.jpg

While he napped DH stayed with him and I went back into the park on my own. I saw the Abe Lincoln show, looked around the stores and got a coffee. After naptime was over we all went back into DL.

We rode Jungle Cruise and played in Tarzan's Treehouse for a bit before supper. We did see Mickey's Calvacade.

f50a1a07.jpg

For supper we went to the Plaza and both had Chicken dinners ($28 - used $30 worth of vouchers). This meal was okay.

After supper we rode Peter Pan and than played in the Autopia car again. We found that the lines were awfully long in the evenings as CA was closed at 6 and I guess perhaps some locals come for the evening as well.

Let the park by 7 and to bed early.

Sounds like a great trip so far, Maxie! I go to DL a lot and wear a lanyard full of pins, but would never start talking to strangers about my knowledge of DL and my pins - geesh - what was that guy thinking? :rolleyes: But I do love it when children "stare" at my pins and I see them smile. Anyway, looking forward to the next installment. Oh, and your DS seems like an angel :earsboy:

Great trip report, Maxie :goodvibes
I love your pictures. :)
I plan on having a character breakfast at the GC too. I enjoyed reading about yours. Thanks. :sunny:
::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter