Our house is NOT for sale!

disykat

This person totally gets me
Is anyone else getting a crazy amount of phone calls, letters, etc. asking if you want to sell your home?

No. Got one random text from some supposed realtor a few weeks ago saying they have a buyer for my house. Deleted it and put their number on my 'block number' list. I would assume with rising interest rates, there won't be the buying free-for-all we have had in the past 12 months. Clearly, if you would sell your house you have to move/buy somewhere else. Seems like a bad time to buy with the inflated prices.

I wouldn't consider any realtor who uses such tactics as anyone reputable I would ever use even if I was planning to sell.

I get calls, text and emails daily. No way we will sell. So close to the end and at 2.34% I could never buy now at that rate.

I had been too but our house is for sale now! But, it’s already under contract with a buyer. But mil lives about 30 min away & isn’t having as much luck with her sale 😔. Realtor said market might finally be slowing down.

Is anyone else getting a crazy amount of phone calls, letters, etc. asking if you want to sell your home?

Our house looks pretty crappy so no, no one knocking on our door wanting to buy it. I did get some guy at the door wanting to know if we want to replace our old windows.

Our house looks pretty crappy so no, no one knocking on our door wanting to buy it. I did get some guy at the door wanting to know if we want to replace our old windows.
Mom had an Anderson Windows guy knocking on her door. She let him go on and on about what crappy windows she has and how superior his Anderson Windows were to her garbage. She just sat smiling until she let him know, "these crappy garbage windows are Anderson Windows that we put in last year."

Oh, thye like to buy "crappy" houses too! Mine's okay I guess, and I get tons of mail, some with a printed picture of my house from Google Maps on them, offering to buy, as-is, no questions asked. They just want to flip it.

Every day. It's nuts. No way am I going to sell my home with 2.8% mortgage to buy a new one and pay 5ish.

I have gotten a few calls about buying our home. The really odd calls are about wanting to buy an office building I supposedly own in Los Angeles. I don't own an office building in Los Angeles, but tracked it down to a Real Estate Attorney in Los Angeles who has the same name, well, other that the last two letters of his last name are reversed from the last two letters of my last name. We have different middle intials.

We get those calls regularly. Our area is hot real estate at the moment.

So many people want to be in our school district. Which isn't as good as it used to be either. I guess that info hasn't caught up yet.

I got those calls and text messages for a month straight….

Finally a broker sent me a text that said “What is the number it would take to get you to sell?”
I said two million. My house is on Zillow for like 550 so I figured that was a good mark up.

He stop bugging me.
So I called him! A lot!!

After about a week his admin apologized for bothering me, as they were no longer interested in my property.

No, but we did our first open house on our old condo this past Sunday, listed at $275K. Right now we have a cash offer of $302K, its nuts seeing the place is really only worth around $270K and the realtor said tonight to expect more offers within the next day or two.

No, but we did our first open house on our old condo this past Sunday, listed at $275K. Right now we have a cash offer of $302K, its nuts seeing the place is really only worth around $270K and the realtor said tonight to expect more offers within the next day or two.
I just purchased another house like that.
100k over ask to win the bidding war…. Location, Location, Location

however the appraisal didn’t come in at the full purchase price and my down payment had to get a lot larger.

These over ask pricing games can’t last much longer…. And when the bottom falls out, 2008 here we come

I just purchased another house like that.
100k over ask to win the bidding war…. Location, Location, Location

however the appraisal didn’t come in at the full purchase price and my down payment had to get a lot larger.

These over ask pricing games can’t last much longer…. And when the bottom falls out, 2008 here we come
My son and his wife just closed on a house, $100,000 over asking price. Lender said they got a bargain because their appraisal came in at $300,000 over asking.

I've thought about putting my house on Zillow or whatever has a "Make Me Move" price of $750k. I figure if they want my house for more than $400k over value, we can rent for the next 4 years and come out ahead overall. I'm guessing by the time we're ready to leave IL the market will have cooled such that we will still have a tidy profit to buy a condo or something.

ETA: But then I say to myself, "Self, you really REALLY don't want to go through 20+ years of crap to pack this place up and live in a smaller place." So I haven't done it. :P

We’ve been tempted to sell, and yes it would probably go in an instant, but we’d never find another place within our budget. It’s crazy here
Same here. In our area there are VERY few homes with 5 BR & 3+ BA (we have a partially finished walkout basement) and those that DO exist are on at least an acre, usually 2+ (we have just under 1/2 an acre). Currently, the only house in our town/school district with 5 BR is more than 2x the size of ours, sits on a community lake had a list price of $600k and is under contract. The only 4 BR that isn't under contract is in the same neighborhood and they're asking just under $1M.

It is crazy-town right now. I'm afraid there are going to be a LOT of people upside down on these houses in a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter