'Our longest trip yet' LIVE trip report!

Oh wow you are really doing this! A live trippie way to go Elise, I am loving your work.

I still get confused about the different layouts of the bathrooms at OKW. We had a HH preferred 1BR last year and were in Bldg 24 I think and that did not have the door leading into the bathroom from the laundry - is that what you have right now?

Looking forward to more updates and photos pleasey!

Well I thought I knew everything OKW related ;) - but definitely didn't know that some had smaller bathrooms! Are you in one of the later builds (which they added after resort completion to replace the sales centre)?

I'm going to enjoy your trip report (and Wayne's :goodvibes) since I don't have another visit booked until January; we're doing Europe this summer. Your DD looked lovely, and so nice that she was chosen as princess of the day. I assume you'll be doing the DDP again. BTW, as we PMd when I booked, we didn't really enjoy having it in April and think it unlikely that I'll ever do it again. Truth is, we generally spend much more time off site for both dining and recreation so it didn't suit us, even though we did have some very nice meals and have 2 x 7 day passes to use on a future trip.

Thanks for doing a TR :)

Oh wow you are really doing this! A live trippie way to go Elise, I am loving your work.

I still get confused about the different layouts of the bathrooms at OKW. We had a HH preferred 1BR last year and were in Bldg 24 I think and that did not have the door leading into the bathroom from the laundry - is that what you have right now?

Looking forward to more updates and photos pleasey!

We have previously stayed on Turtle pond Rd (twice) and South Point (once) which both have the door from the laundry room to the bathroom. This time we are in building 21 on Millers Road. When we walked in it felt smaller but it was the opposite way round to our previous rooms so I put it down to that but once you walked in the bathroom the size difference was obvious - there is not enough room on the wall where the door would be to put a door. :confused3

I mean the room is still a lovely size and we have a great view:

:goodvibes

Yesterday afternoon turned out to most enjoyable! I spent over an hour in the Millers Road quiet pool with DD and we had it too ourselves most of the time.

In the evening we headed over to WL where DD went to the Cubs Den for a couple of hours which she loves and we meet friends for drinks in the Lounge. Most relaxing and enjoyable :thumbsup2

This morning we were awake at 6 again - so we decided to get up and head to DHS for EMH. We managed to ride TSMM, TOT and ST. We also met Mickey, watched Disney Junior and DD played in HISTK all before lunch at 11.30!

Couple of pictures:

DD with Mickey

DD & DH enjoying Disney Junior :)

After lunch we headed back to OKW and DD feel asleep in the car so we let her have a couple of hours nap before heading down to the swimming pool.

Currently it is raining (typical FL thunderstorm) and we have dinner at Olivias.

Tomorrow we have breakfast at CM followed by a day at the beach at Longboat Key and an overnight stay at the Longboat Key Club organised by DH :love:

Roasting here at the moment, could just do with a swim in the Millers Rd pool. :goodvibes

Ohh a swim in a Disney hotel would go down a treat right now. I just checked and it's 27 deg at 10pm .........whew !!!

Loving the live updates and your pics on FB too! :) :wave2:
I guess it's easier to do alive report now that there's wifi in the parks?

Sounds like you're having a blast! Looking forward to reading more :)

We have previously stayed on Turtle pond Rd (twice) and South Point (once) which both have the door from the laundry room to the bathroom. This time we are in building 21 on Millers Road. When we walked in it felt smaller but it was the opposite way round to our previous rooms so I put it down to that but once you walked in the bathroom the size difference was obvious - there is not enough room on the wall where the door would be to put a door. :confused3

I mean the room is still a lovely size and we have a great view:

:goodvibes

Ahhh I see - great view indeed :)

Yesterday afternoon turned out to most enjoyable! I spent over an hour in the Millers Road quiet pool with DD and we had it too ourselves most of the time.

Wonderful times! I can't wait to hear about Long Key!

:rolleyes1 sooooo wotcha been up to? LOL LOL

Seriously hope you are having just way too much fun to do this live trippie :cool2:

Sorry for the delay in updates :blush:

Anyway, Sunday morning started with breakfast at Chef Mickeys. A bit of background here - we have the free DDP (usually stay on DVC points) so i decided to make the most of it and let Chloe do all the character breakfasts she wanted as normally the most we would do is 2.

Breakfast was good - everything was hot and fresh.

DD had a great time meeting all the characters especially Minnie & Pluto as they are her favorites:

After breakfast it was a quick stop at OKW to collect our overnight bag. DH had arranged a night at the Longboat Key Club for us. We have visited Longboat Key before a couple of times and really like the beach there.

Drive was good nice and clear and we arrived a little after 11am, we checked in but our rooms weren't ready (no surprise really) but they gave us temporary cards so we could start enjoying the resort.

First thing was a walk along the beach and paddle in the sea for a couple of hours. It wasn't the sunniest day but it was still lovely and warm and dry!

Around 1pm we headed off to Skinnys on Holmes Beach (Anna Maria Island) for lunch. This place is a dive but it does the best burgers I have ever eaten:

They also do coke in glass bottles:

Having eaten lunch we headed back to the resort. When we got back our room was ready. We had a one bedroom ocean view and it was amazing :cloud9:

We then made use of the pool and Chloe swam for around 2 hours and I made very good use of the pool bar and tested out their pina coladas :rolleyes1

Before dinner we watched the sunset from the beach and I let Chloe have the camera and this is watch she took:

We just ate dinner in the bar/lounge but it was really good however Chloe didn't make it and fell asleep on her chair before her food arrived :hug:

I will try to do another update later as we are off to Hoop Dee Doo tonight and I need to have a shower...

Loving the trip report and you've now convinced us to book a night at longboat key:goodvibes we had planned a trip to Anna Maria island and were looking for overnight accommodation-it looks amazing :) thank you

That beach and water looks very inviting while I sit working with every window open. Who would have thought the supermarket/shop chat would be how are you coping with the heat.

Look forward to next update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter