'Our longest trip yet' LIVE trip report!

fab view, looking forward to the next update.
Missing the Air con & swimming pools in this heat ;)

Enjoyed Hoop last night night but more about that in a later update except to say I enjoyed the wine ;)

Monday morning we got up and dressed and wandered down to find some breakfast. You could sit in the restaurant or out on the terrace. We chose the terrace and it was so nice. Temps were in the mid 70s and it was so quite. Breakfast was very good. DH & I both had an all American which was bacon, eggs, hash browns and choice of toast, muffin or bagel. Not cheap at $12 per person but the setting was perfect. Chloe chose the kids pancakes which turned out to be 3 large pancakes and was only $6! She actually ate most of it having missed dinner the previous night.

After breakfast we went back to the room and packed up our stuff then Chloe wanted to play for a while and DH & I sat on the balcony and played backgammon as the room had a proper wooden games set.

Check out was 11am so we took the stuff down to the car and had another walk along the beach and then Chloe had another swim.

We left and headed to Cafe Del Mar on Longboat Key for a late lunch. This restaurant is right on the beach on the main land side. Very casual but good food.

After lunch we drove back from Orlando managing to miss the worst of the storms. Dinner was a BBQ with our local friends at their place. We have grilled steaks and they tasted so good :rolleyes1

Sorry for the lack of photos today - the only ones I have are of the view from the room.

Enjoying your live trip report, I was happily reading another one by someone else but it disappeared :confused3 So you now have my full attention :thumbsup2.

Kirsten

Tuesday started with heading to Epcot for opening.

I sent Matt off to get TT fastpasses while Chloe & I headed for Soarin (with some bubble popping along the way :goodvibes) we met up and got in line which only about 10 mins. We asked to ride in row 1 so had to wait a little longer but it is so much better in the front than the back rows its worth the wait to us.

We then used up a couple of CS credits with breakfast in Sunshine Season. We got 2 platters and shared. [This has reminded me why we do not do the DDP usually as we still have around 30 CS remaining with only 8 days left] Food was Ok and filled us up however I would not have paid cash for it!

Before leaving the Land we did Living with the Land. Same as ever! However I hadn't seen them do this before:

After that we headed for TT to use our FP. Previously when we used FP you didn't get the full design a car experience. Well now you do as they have re-routed the line and allocated 2 rows of the booths to FP. This is what Chloe designed:

When we got through the line we were put in a car behind one that had a single rider in each row. The one standing in front of me couldn't get in as the man had blocked the seat but not using the middle seat so her friend refused to get in - I decided to point out she had to get in as she was going to wait for the next car as her friend needed her to ride with her. I was so cross as they tell you and there are so many signs that say you WILL be separated - why go in the single rider line if you don't want to :furious:

After TT we did Figment - DD has loved this ride since she was 9 months old and always asked to go on it.

Quick Ice Cream stop and Nemo before leaving and heading back for a swim and change.

We headed back out in the evening to Epcot for our reservation at Teppan Edo. We love this restaurant and it didn't disappoint. DH & I both had the tempura appetizer OOP and the steak and chicken for entree. DD had the chicken and I asked the chef to give her noodles without the veg which was no problem.

My only issue was we were sitting with picky family from hell - one was a veggie and the other would only eat fish. There were no allergies involved before anyone flames me. The manager came over and was talking to them and said can their food be cooked at the same time but be kept separate but no they wanted it cooked first. This meant we had a long gap between our noodles and the meat. I know its a chance you take at that kind of restaurant however with no allergies I would have thought keeping it separate should have been enough.

After dinner we headed to Mexico - Chloe & I did the ride while Matt headed to La Cava for a Tequila (or 3!).

We finished the night back at France for the Owners Locker Wine Evening which was good as always.

Wednesday morning was a little stressful :eek: We had an 8.20am ADR at Crystal Palace. We were up in plenty of time and somehow we didn't end up leaving until 7.50 :scared1: There was also a traffic jam outside OKW which added to the stress but somehow we made it and checked in at 8.18am.

They have changed things up at CP since the last time we ate there. No more chocolate Mickey waffles and they didn't do the parade for the kids either - thats not a permanent change though as I asked as we left.

We did the Magic Carpets after breakfast and had these people in front of us:

We also rode POTC and then got the train back to Main Street as MK was really really busy. We left and got the ferry back to the car.

We headed to the outlets as DH wants some new trainers - he didn't get any but DD has a nice pink pair :rolleyes1

Had our usually afternoon swim and then went to publix as I was cooking for our friends. He used to live in the UK for 10 years so likes a roast and promised I would do one. So for dinner we had a full roast beef dinner - and it was good - nothing was left :goodvibes

I love that you cooked a roast! Good for you!

So how far is Longboart Key from Disney? Just curious.

Character breakfasts are so fun and we love Crystal Palace.

Oh and it's all those credits left over why we don't do Dining Plan - I need a Dining plan that gives you just 2 TS credits a day and perhaps a snack credit - I could get on with that but 3 a day on the Deluxe would also be too much! LOL I do a spreadsheet every year when I come back and with my TiW card it always works out cheaper for us not to do the plan and have the flexibility - but hey if it was free well who is to say no ;)

Thanks again for the great updates my lovely!

Ohhh just caught up as I haven't checked in for a week. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time ...... I have to say if that at been at our table at Teppen Edo I'm not sure I would have been able to keep my mouth shut ..... I'm sure some sarcastic comment would have flown out :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well we are now home :(

I promise I will finish this even if its not live any more.

Here we go! Thursday we had breakfast in the room before heading off to Blizzard Beach.

On the way in DD met Goofy:

We did all the slides except the ones with the 48" height limit. Our longest wait was for teamboat springs as when we were nearly boarding a life jacket jammed the belt that returns the rafts to the top :rotfl2:

After the slides we headed for an early lunch. Chloe loves lunch here as the kids meals come in a bucket and spade!

We then spent some time in the lazy river, wave pool and Chloe had a good play in the kids area Tikes Peek.

Mid afternoon we headed home to get showered and changed ready to head out to Hoop Dee Doo. This was the first time we had taken Chloe as DH & I had been before she was born.

The evening was a great success. We had a great table in the second row and must have been the closest cat 2 table to the stage.

Food was good - we ate 2 buckets of chicken, bucket of ribs plus the sides between the 3 of us :rolleyes1 The unlimited beer & wine were good too although it was a little strange drinking wine out of a jar!

Chloe was in fits of laughter all the way through - I was pleased as I did wonder before if she would enjoy it. The cast were really good too.

After the show we were planning on heading back to MK for wishes however it was raining so we grabbed the direct bus back to OKW. This was great we were second to be dropped off after a group at Hospitality House.

We will be doing HDD again :goodvibes

Glad you all enjoyed Hoop, seen it 5 times with people of all ages, great evening.

Friday morning had an early start as we had an 8am ADR at Tusker House. On reaching AK we had a minor drama as I realised our PP+ card was in the pocket of DHs trousers from the night before :rolleyes2 without time to go back and get it I decided to just ask what could be done when we got to TH.

After check in while we where queuing for the photo with Donald, I asked one of the PP staff and was told that we could come back to the Photo Centre as AK within the time our PP+ card was active and they would be able to print up our package for us. So we put this to the test ;)

Food at breakfast was a yummy as ever. I love the baked ham they have here. Character interaction was excellent. Chloe wasn't do autographs this time so they spent more time actually interacting with her :goodvibes

After breakfast I had a plan but like all good plans it went **** up! :rotfl2: DH was going to get FP for the safari while DD & I went to EE. This was were it went wrong - EE was down with no estimated opening time. We headed to Dinoland and we rode Triceratops spin. This is then were things really started to go downhill. Everything else we wanted wasn't open until at least 10am :faint: So we walked back via EE which still wasn't open to the safari. We were slightly early but they let us on. After that we left the park remembering why it is our least favourite park.

With time on our hands we headed for Fort Wilderness and took DD for a pony ride as this may be her last chance as she is really close to the 48" height limit. She has been many times and has a favourite pony called Nemo and with luck he was working:

Afternoon swim as usual before heading for Olive Garden for dinner. Plans after dinner included heading to DHS for F! Well while eating a massive storm rolled in and when we came to leave it was pouring. Ended up sitting in the restaurant for about 15 mins waiting for it to ease up. Plans aborted and back to the villa for a drink ;)

Love the update - live or not - it's great to hear all the things that you did and it looks like Chloe had fun with the characters - I'm hoping for less rain when we are there but the whole fortnight is pretty loose anyway I'm sure it won't muck things up!

Saturday we headed off to KSC. We haven't been there for 2 years and the last time was to see Endeavor launch on STS134 the last but one ever shuttle launch.

Well since that trip they have done a lot of work a the visitor complex. There is a parking charge now - its $10 however we got free parking as we had bought annual passes online and printed the voucher off.

We got a really good deal as they had just opened the Atlantis exhibit they were offering APs purchased online for only $5 more than regular admission.

Anyway, instead of entering through a building they now have an entrance plaza with security and turnstiles off to the side and you enter by the rocket garden.

We wandered round the rocket garden and Chloe enjoyed climbing in and on the things she could.

We then let her have a run around on the playground area before heading off to catch the bus tour. This is another thing they have changed since we last did it; Previously you went out to the viewing platform for the launch pads then headed to the Saturn V center followed by a stop at the ISS building. Now you head directly to the Saturn V center with a stop at the launch pad viewing gantry on the way back.

Once at the Saturn V Center you watch a short movie on the history of the Apollo program which leads you on to the launch control room for the conclusion of the story. One thing that was mentioned in the film was the fire that killed the astronauts on Apollo 1 - well apparently Chloe was paying far more attention than we realised as later on she starting asking questions about it which then lead on to questions about everything all day. :flower3:

The Saturn V building houses some really interesting stuff including moonrock, Apollo XIV capsule, various suites including one from Jim Lovell and of course the full size Saturn V rocket. Chloe was amazed and wanted to know what everything was and what everything did - I was therefore spent the day trying to explain rocket science literally to a 5 year old :rotfl:

We ate lunch here and got our 20% AP discount and the food was actually reasonably priced and not too bad.

After lunch we headed out to the viewing platform for the launch pads.

Always enjoy the view and am a bit sad that one of the pads is now completely empty awaiting development for the new space launch system.

We headed back on the bus to the main visitor complex and when we arrived back we were really pleased that we had decided to do the bus tour first and the shuttle exhibition second as the line for the buses were really long :scared:

The Atlantis building is magnificent. You start with a film of the history of how the shuttle came to be and then move to another room to see the import milestones in the shuttle program before Atlantis came in to view. This gave me goosebumps and a lump in my throat :goodvibes

We then spent a good couple of ours exploring the new building. I loved how they had even geared some stuff to younger children to help them learn too.

We grabbed an ice cream before heading home.

We had dinner at the Turf Club at SSR. We have always had good food here in the past which is why we return even if the service can be patchy. Unfortunately it wasn't so good this time. My lamb chops were fine however Matt's steak was overcooked and Chloe's chicken was inconsistent - there were several pieces and some were perfect and some dry :rolleyes2

When we were leaving it was trying to rain so we skipped the parks and headed home.

Sunday is beach day :cool1: but not before we headed to breakfast at Ohana! This is one of our favourite breakfasts of all :goodvibes
The breads, fresh fruits, hot skillet and mickey waffles all really yummy popcorn::

All the character's were excellent - not rushed and good amount of interaction :thumbsup2

We followed breakfast with a quick trip to MK for Chloe to get her hair cut a Main Street Barbers:

We then headed back to the Poly and got the car and headed off to Longboat Key.

We had a nice walk along the beach for a few hours. Late lunch was of course at Skinny’s – I ended up having an extra burger as we won’t be back now until December :sad2:

We drove home managing to avoid the storms :)

I have to be honest - I have no idea what we did once we got back :scared1:

Great updates :thumbsup2
Sounds like you got a really good deal on the KSC AP
Very cool that Chloe took such a keen interest in everything as well :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter