Our server mentioned

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Only 700 people boarding Magic tomorrow! We had 900. We enjoyed our cruise very much.

How low can passenger count be before they stop?

Heading to bed soon, just wanted to mention the count here.

Goodnight!

As long as they plan to keep their staff employed, it's probably better to sail with a few passengers than to not sail. Sure, there's a cost for fuel, but otherwise sitting idle isn't all that much cheaper than sailing.

And, since good employees are so hard to find right now, I'd guess that they plan to keep their staff employed.

400 paying passengers are better than no paying passengers. Cruising is one of those businesses where the fixed costs are the biggest concern. Given their buying power, what does feeding a passenger cost? Maybe $100 for a 7 day cruise? Maybe $150? But the crew costs and costs of operating the ship stay the same if there are 400 or 4,000 paying guests.

Keeping a ship docked with crew also has heavy costs. If they stop sailing they still have costs. . Port fees for power, water, waste are very expensive.

What consequences to servers who don’t have tables assigned for the next cruise? Do they get any compensation except room and board?

What consequences to servers who don’t have tables assigned for the next cruise? Do they get any compensation except room and board?
Our serving team on the Dream in september said they were scheduled to be off the next cruise, however they still had ti work some breakfast and lunch and would not really be paid as most of their pay is tips.

Unlike the other Cruise Lines, DCL is backed by DISNEY (WDW, DL, ABC, ESPN etc) They have other income coming in to support the ships. Not just the cruise passengers. That was mentioned during the shutdown as being a big advantage for DCL.

Disney's issue is they are not transparent and are trying to charge precovid prices more than 2 months out.

Hopefully the numbers stay suppressed and more people cancel.

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. They always end too quickly.

My understanding is that at the port they have big screens that somehow indicate you passed your “final exam” or you have to see someone. Our primary reason for canceling was the ‘what if’ if we flunked. If I’m correct about the screens, do you have a feel for how many people were denied boarding?

My understanding is that at the port they have big screens that somehow indicate you passed your “final exam” or you have to see someone.
Yes and it is listed by Reservation # not by name. It says cleared or go to Safe Passage team.

Only 700 people boarding Magic tomorrow! We had 900. We enjoyed our cruise very much.

Goodnight!
Wait how did you get that number. I sail out today and kinda wanted to know for the Fantasy what kinda numbers they had.

My understanding is that at the port they have big screens that somehow indicate you passed your “final exam” or you have to see someone. Our primary reason for canceling was the ‘what if’ if we flunked. If I’m correct about the screens, do you have a feel for how many people were denied boarding?

The screens are there in the tents, but they only show recent results. So, basically, the group of people that tested at about the same time as you and a few from earlier that for whatever reason hadn't checked in after the test. I was last down there in September and there are ~50 or so reservations on the screen with mine (only one that wasn't directed to board). I'm not sure that's a large enough sample size to estimate the full ship. And that was early in the morning, when more people were likely to be present. If you test later, you'll probably have even fewer results on your screen.

In the hour while we were waiting to know if we passed, there were 6-10 reservation numbers with the directions to report to Inspire.

In the hour while we were waiting to know if we passed, there were 6-10 reservation numbers with the directions to report to Inspire.

Thanks. That's what I was wondering about. This morning over breakfast I said to my husband we should be lamenting that yesterday we had our last breakfast on board.

Amazingly our refund was back on the credit card a couple days ago.

Goodnight!
So 200 people tested positive?😭😭😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter