Our Trip From Hell-o Disney! We missed you!

Day 1. Schools out! Let's get going!!

Well, "Let's get going" WAS the plan but that got changed. Our original plan was to wake up, take the girls to school, come home and pack and when they got out of school at 10:30 we were going to load up and head out. less than a week before we were informed that 5th grade graduation would be at 2:00. So we picked up the girls, came home and loaded our luggage and headed back to school for graduation. We then stayed for the after party so Hollis could say her goodbyes to her friends. Most of them she won't see next year as she is in a program called CFIT and will be going to a different school with smaller classrooms and focused learning. We are so proud of her for that.

View attachment 673744

After returning home for a quick bathroom break we are on the road by 4:30.
At 8:18 we hit the Florida state line! We would have made better time but we had to stop a
Buc-ees. It's a must do lol.
View attachment 673745

At 10:57 we are here!
View attachment 673746

Now for the first adventure of our trip. We pull into AKL Jambo House, Climb out, stretch a little and are greeted by a CM with a bell cart. We unload and let him know we have our room number and ask if he can just follow us up to the room. He says he cannot do that and he will have to take our bags to storage till we call. I said again that we are going "right now" so there is no need to call as he can follow us. He says its "policy" which I have never heard of. I tell him no worries, I will just take our bags up and he says I can't do that. I said policy? and he said yes. I said don't worry about it, I can handle our bags so I start to unload the cart and he says just go up and call and we will bring the bags right up. My wife tells me to just go park and she will head up and call right away so I do and she heads to the room.
I arrive at the room some time later after finding a parking spot in the middle of nowhere and the bags are not there. Ashley tells me she has called over and over with no answer so I head downstairs to the lobby. It's now after midnight and I approach the front desk and am greeted by a CM and after explaining she says "Well, I'm not bell services and I say you can take your own bags" Se also says the so called "policy" the bell guy told us about is not true. I also inform her that our so called Savanna View is nothing more than a view of the observation deck, a huge post and a sliver of the savanna. She looks for another room and finds one on another floor but no better. It was basically right above us. I suggest we get refunded the difference of a savanna view vs. standard view but she says she cannot do that. I thank her for trying and take our bags up, unpack and get to sleep.

Next post, AK day and a pleasant surprise!
Buccees? Are you Mobile/Baldwin county base? How did you make it to Orlando in 5 hours? (time change)

I loved all the pixie dust you are getting besides all your frustrations here and there. When we were there last time, we noticed that type of pattern too... we would have bad luck, then something good would happen... so in the end it all balanced out.
It was so nice that your daughter got the birthday surprise at the hotel. That's the Disney I have been missing. Surprise and delight. My kids still talk about coming back to the room to find their stuffies having a party on the bed, or sitting in the window sill in a fun tableau, or the best was the time stuffed Monkey was sitting on the toilet (seat down) with my razor shaving his legs.... lol. It's sad they don't value the extra staff and time to make that happen anymore. It meant so much to my kids.
They did arrange Kendall's stuffies a few times but Monkey shaving legs would be hilarious!

Buccees? Are you Mobile/Baldwin county base? How did you make it to Orlando in 5 hours? (time change)
I wish we could make it in 5 hours! We live in Winder and we take Highway 11 all the way to i75 in Monticello and had absolutely no traffic. Buc-ee's was maybe 20 minutes at most. Ashley and the kids went in to use the restroom and grab snacks, I topped off about 1/4 tank of gas then I went in to use the restroom then we drove straight through. I do drive fast, (85ish) on the highway. I may have been off on the departure time a little bit (minutes at most) but the pics are time stamped. It usually takes us 6.5 hours unless we stop to eat so 4:30 - 10:57 would be 6 hours 27 minutes. Add the Buc-ee's stop plus my speed ...... lol. Apple Maps has us at 6 hours 46 minutes doing the speed limit.
IMG_4659.PNG

Looks like a great time so far. Can you share your what time/order did you get your Genie+ reservations at DHS?
I can't remember exact order but they were stacking good later in the day. I started with my first at 7:00am then kept adding every 2 hours after park opening and when it would let me after we used one.

Day 5, Part 1. Magic Kingdom.

Hello all who are following along! I had to put off writing my report for the weekend as we had my birthday party and over 70 people showed up lol. Our pool was slammed packed and I drank a lot of beer and lost every game of corn hole I played lol.
Back to the report! So After an epic day at HS I am really looking forward to our MK day. We all sleep in and skip the lounge. We have lunch at Steakhouse 71 and wouldn't you know, I didn't take a single pic. But if you have been there, pics are not needed. I always order the stack burger and as usual it did not disappoint.
We finally arrive via Monorail, (because the kids wanted to ride it) to the MK. It's now after 1:00 and the sun is blazing!
IMG_4477.jpeg

We are shocked at 1:40 in the afternoon, Main Street USA is very manageable.
IMG_4478.jpeg

We head to the Purple Wall for our usual pic because like most, we always tour too the right. I have tried to the left before and it just feels wrong lol.
IMG_4480.jpeg

We head into Tomorrowland and are able to ride Buzz, Astro Orbiter and Space all without G+ in 1 hour 40 minutes. Believe it or not, Astro orbiter was the longest wait.
IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4494.jpeg

IMG_4496.jpeg

We have our bonus Multi pass for 7DMT so after that we jump on Pooh then head through the castle for our 3:30 ice cream break at The Plaza.
IMG_4499.jpeg

After our break we go back to Tomorrowland and ride TTAPM. That's my one absolute when I go to the MK.
IMG_4515.jpeg

And there's Tron! ... what's it been like 5 years now since they started lol.
IMG_4514.jpeg

When were at the end of TTAPM, Kendall sees Stitch on stage, one of her fav's so we hurry down the ramp and run over to the stage just as he's leaving. Kendall was sad.
IMG_4519.jpeg

Continued .....

Day 5, Part 2. Magic Kingdom.

What's better to cheer up an 8 year old who just barely missed Stitch then a ride on Buzz!
IMG_4536.JPG

We were just about to cross over to Frontier Land and perfect timing for a little parade or cavalcade, whatever this one is lol! We didn't have to stake out a spot, we just walked up and there was plenty of space to watch.
IMG_4522.jpegIMG_4523.jpegIMG_4525.jpegIMG_4530.jpeg

And guess who it is! This made Kendall very happy. That and she got to see Judy Hops.
IMG_4534.jpeg

By now it's around 6:00 so I suggest we head over to frontier land and everyone is hot and tired. They want to go back to the resort. I say but what about Big Thunder? what about Splash? Pirates? Haunted Mansion??? They say it's okay, we have rode them all before. So, we head back to the resort but not without stopping in all the stores on the way out.
A few take aways about today. The park was not crowded at all. G+ was not needed and we left happy. The parks were very clean and not once did we encounter a rude guest. Every CM we encountered was wonderful. The cavalcade or parade, not sure what it was lol, It was great. All the characters were interacting with the crowd and everyone around us had a smile like a Cheshire Cat. We left the park very happy and talking about our next MK visit. You know, the stuff like "next time we need to ride XXX and XXX". Once again we felt like we were wanted and needed at the MK just like in the other parks. For us, the magic is back. We had a pleasant bus ride to the resort and had a relaxing evening with dinner in the club lounge. Oh, I almost forgot to post our 7DMT pic!!!
IMG_4538.JPG
The back car is the best lol.

Next post, Another Epcot day! Do we get a VQ for Guardians???

Last edited:
Great update!

The Tron construction photo is awesome, how cool is that?! It does feel like they started it a long time ago though.

The photo of your youngest on Buzz is great. That is the face of a warrior, look out Zurg!

Day 5, Part 2. Magic Kingdom.

What's better to cheer up an 8 year old who just barely missed Stitch then a ride on Buzz!
View attachment 676058

We were just about to cross over to Frontier Land and perfect timing for a little parade or cavalcade, whatever this one is lol! We didn't have to stake out a spot, we just walked up and there was plenty of space to watch.
View attachment 676059View attachment 676060View attachment 676061View attachment 676062

And guess who it is! This made Kendall very happy. That and she got to see Judy Hops.
View attachment 676064

By now it's around 6:00 so I suggest we head over to frontier land and everyone is hot and tired. They want to go back to the resort. I say but what about Big Thunder? what about Splash? Pirates? Haunted Mansion??? They say it's okay, we have rode them all before. So, we head back to the resort but not without stopping in all the stores on the way out.
A few take aways about today. The park was not crowded at all. G+ was not needed and we left happy. The parks were very clean and not once did we encounter a rude guest. Every CM we encountered was wonderful. The cavalcade or parade, not sure what it was lol, It was great. All the characters were interacting with the crowd and everyone around us had a smile like a Cheshire Cat. We left the park very happy and talking about our next MK visit. You know, the stuff like "next time we need to ride XXX and XXX". Once again we felt like we were wanted and needed at the MK just like in the other parks. For us, the magic is back. We had a pleasant bus ride to the resort and had a relaxing evening with dinner in the club lounge. Oh, I almost forgot to post our 7DMT pic!!!
View attachment 676070
The back car is the best lol.

Next post, Another Epcot day! Do we get a VQ for Guardians???
Jimmy this report is absolutely amazing. I can actualy feel your Pains and Joys and I have never been to Disney, (YET!) And it is very funny as every picture i see you in I swear you are my sisters husbands Dopleganger. SO as you tell your story i hear him talking its quite funny. I see the what about this and that and this and the kids are nah next time. it is really giving me a good feel for time alotment right now I have us booked for 2 days at MK but we also have a bonus day pass and am not sure where to utilize it. but I am going to keep reading I think i will try and do what you did and post a story board like this. Reading this and seeing the pictures warms my heart , especially when i see the smiles and hear the joy you and your family are having. I am just hoping our experience will be 1/2 as great as yours and I think we will be happy. Keep up the great report.

PS I grinned as you said Cheshire cat , when you mentioned JUDY as i could see my little one going crazy seeing her as she loves Zootopia!

PSS: Curious as to the attraction photos did you purchase memory maker? is that how you get those?

Jimmy this report is absolutely amazing. I can actualy feel your Pains and Joys and I have never been to Disney, (YET!) And it is very funny as every picture i see you in I swear you are my sisters husbands Dopleganger. SO as you tell your story i hear him talking its quite funny. I see the what about this and that and this and the kids are nah next time. it is really giving me a good feel for time alotment right now I have us booked for 2 days at MK but we also have a bonus day pass and am not sure where to utilize it. but I am going to keep reading I think i will try and do what you did and post a story board like this. Reading this and seeing the pictures warms my heart , especially when i see the smiles and hear the joy you and your family are having. I am just hoping our experience will be 1/2 as great as yours and I think we will be happy. Keep up the great report.

PS I grinned as you said Cheshire cat , when you mentioned JUDY as i could see my little one going crazy seeing her as she loves Zootopia!

PSS: Curious as to the attraction photos did you purchase memory maker? is that how you get those?
Thank you so much! I am glad you are enjoying my report :) And yes, we have the photo pass or memory maker on my annual pass. You get unlimited ride photos plus any CM taking photos will just scan your magic band when they take your picture and they will appear in your MDX account. I plan on finishing up this report this weekend so stay tuned!

Thank you so much! I am glad you are enjoying my report :) And yes, we have the photo pass or memory maker on my annual pass. You get unlimited ride photos plus any CM taking photos will just scan your magic band when they take your picture and they will appear in your MDX account. I plan on finishing up this report this weekend so stay tuned!
you know it!

Silly question I see all these spots for photo pass thing Do you just ASK the photographer to take our picture and tehy scan your band or card? Character meets does the photographer Automatically take the pictures etc? I know this is a different thread but was just curious and me $169 (and really we will be taking our own pics as well but dont want to miss out on PRO pics lol

you know it!

Silly question I see all these spots for photo pass thing Do you just ASK the photographer to take our picture and tehy scan your band or card? Character meets does the photographer Automatically take the pictures etc? I know this is a different thread but was just curious and me $169 (and really we will be taking our own pics as well but dont want to miss out on PRO pics lol
Just ask any PhotoPass photographer and they will take your picture. Some even have the magic shots and iirc, all the meets have photographers and yes they just scan your band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter