Our Trip From Hell-o Disney! We missed you!

Day 6, Part 1. Epcot.

So I am up at 6:50 and I refresh my phone, make sure I am where I have a 5G signal and I wait for 7:00am. And of course I do not get a VQ for GotG. I immediately go to the $ILL and grab a spot. I really hate the idea of paying to ride a ride but there is no way I am missing another ride on this!
IMG_4542.PNG

We all get ready, grab a quick bite at the lounge and off we go! We arrive at Epcot around 11 and take a family photo.
IMG_4545.JPG

We make our way over to the rat before the park gets too crowded. The wait wasn't bad at all.
IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

We start heading back towards GotG and it's a beautiful day in Epcot today. Crowds are low and the weather is perfect.
IMG_4554.jpeg

We head over to Figment again lol. Kendall loves that ride. After we take a flight on Soarin'
IMG_4555.jpeg
with little to no wait.
IMG_4556.jpeg

We head over to GotG and stop for a drink while we wait for our ride time and decide to go in the Creations shop. I am so devastated that the opening day shirts are all gone! We then go to the store by the ride and gone there also! I asked a CM and they said people were buying them 2 per person but everyone in their family had 2. Guess where they all ended up? On bay of course at $70. Oh well, time to ride!
IMG_4558.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpegIMG_4561.jpeg

Continued ......

Day 6, Part 2. Epcot.

And more pics ...
IMG_4562.jpegIMG_4567.jpegIMG_4575.jpegIMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4598.JPG

After we ride we head over to La Hacienda for a late lunch.
IMG_4584.jpegIMG_4585.jpegIMG_4586.jpeg

It's now after 5:00 and we decide to call it a day.
IMG_4587.jpeg

We head back to AKL and just chill in the room. The hot sun will take it out of you really fast. I tried to get everyone to go to the pool but nope. No one wanted to leave the air conditioning lol.
50th Photo Booth lens - 2022-05-30 20.56.25.jpg

A few take aways from today.
We never felt rushed at all. We arrived at the park when we wanted and still rode what we wanted. The park was super clean and the CM's were all friendly. We didn't encounter any rude guests either. The food at La Hacienda was average at best. This is one of our go to places to eat in Epcot but this time it was just not that good. It wasn't terrible, just not good. The best drink of the day was called Fire and Ice at a Joffery's stand. It's a frozen lemon drink topped with Fireball. OMG it was great!

Next post, Epcot for just one ride and final thoughts.

Last edited:

Day 7, Epcot.

Before we went to bed, we all decided GotG or pool day. So I am up at 6:45 to grab a VQ and once again I cannot get it! I immediately grab a $ILL and I lay back down. No one else is up and our LL isn't till later in the day.
IMG_4605.PNG

We finally get up and go top the lounge before heading to Epcot. We are on a mission lol. GotG then back to the resort to swim.
IMG_4606.jpeg

I was so happy we got to hear Disco Inferno this time! I really do think the song you get influences the ride.
IMG_4634.JPG

We did stop for another of those Fire and Ice drinks then headed back to the resort. Mousekeeping has been here!
IMG_4607.jpeg

By now it's 4:30 and the kids now don't want to swim. They say they are hungry and our plans were to order at The Mara and eat pool side. Hollis has a great idea. Rainforest Cafe lol. She loves it and it's fine with me so we head over to AK for dinner.
IMG_4609.jpegIMG_4610.jpegIMG_4611.jpeg

After dinner we just head back to the resort and all relax on the bed and watch TV. Stupid Lifetime movies lol.

This time, no one is sad about going home in the morning. We all talk about this trip until late into the night. I mean late. This was a really great trip! Besides our room and baggage problem on arrival, Disney did it right. Not one CM did we encounter that was rude or short with us. Not once did we encounter a rude guest. Besides La hacienda, the food was good and if Disney did shrink the portions, we didn't notice. GotG: Cosmic Rewind is just amazing! I am a coster freak and I absolutely love VelociCoaster but if given the choice of only riding one, I would pick GotG hands down. We normally do 2 days at MK so we can hit up Tomorrowland and Fantasy Land one day then Frontierland, Liberty Square and Adventureland the next but this time we missed half of MK and didn't miss it at the same time. Just being in the parks and not rushing around trying to get to the next ride is so much more of a vacation. Or next trip to WDW is in December and I cannot wait! We go to Legoland for 3 nights, Galactic Starcruiser then Riviera for 5 nights. Depending on if Tron is open or not, I will probably book Epcot every day and hop to the other parks lol. At least we have our October trip to Universal to hold us over! Oh, and as I am writing this, Ashley and the girls are at Legoland. On Sunday they told me they would love to take a girls trip so I booked it and emailed Ashley the travel documents. I asked her "Do you really want a girls trip?" and she said yes! So I told her "Start packing! you leave in the morning" and at first she didn't believe me. It's only a 3 night trip but they deserve it. I have a great wife and great kids. I think they are having a great time!
IMG_9489.jpeg

Till next time.

See ya Real Soon!

What a great trip report. Gives me a lot of hope for our October trip.

ALSO, husband of the year surprising your wife and girls with a trip to Legoland!!!

What a great trip report. Gives me a lot of hope for our October trip.

ALSO, husband of the year surprising your wife and girls with a trip to Legoland!!!
Thank you! You will have a great time. I truly believe Disney is on the right track and the magic is back so enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter