Our Universal Adventure - Part 2

cstocks

Earning My Ears
Cast: Me, Mom, 42
DH, Dad, 45
DD 14
DD 11

Tuesday, August 14

We got moving this morning by 9:00 am, and took the water taxi over to City Walk, then on to IOA. This park is incredible! The theming everywhere you look is just amazing. I’ve been going to Cedar Point since I was a little girl, and while I love it, it just doesn’t have any kind of theming going on. You could spend the whole day at IOA just looking at everything. The background music was even themed.

We started out by going on the Incredible Hulk. The Express thing was great in this park, we never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes for anything (I’m going to miss this the next time I go to Cedar Point!). The line for the front row wasn’t too long, so we waited an extra 10 minutes for that. This ride was a lot of fun, I especially liked the parts where you went under the sidewalks.

We were going to go on Spiderman next, but it was closed temporarily, so I took DD 11 on Dr Doom. She loved it! We walked over to Toon Lagoon next, and the girls and I went on Dudley Doright water ride. This was a lot of fun, and we got pretty wet, but it was so hot that we didn’t care.

After Toon Lagoon, we went through Jurassic Park. The river ride was down for the moment, but after a water break and a short rest, it was working again, so the girls and I went on it. (Are you sensing a pattern here? DH doesn’t like rides, so he didn’t go on anything in this park. He’s a good sport, though, and waited patiently for us. Luckily it didn’t take long for any ride, since we were using the Express line.) The River Adventure was fun, a little scary for DD 11, but she was ok.

We had time for rides on the Fire and Ice dragons before our 12:00 reservation at Mythos. I’m glad we went on this before lunch and not after. I liked the Fire dragon better, it was my favorite coaster in the park.

Now, after reading the boards here, I knew that Mythos had good food, but I wasn’t prepared for the cave-like setting. It was really the most interesting restaurant we’ve ever been in. I had the tuna filet, DH had the shrimp pasta dish, DD14 had a sandwich and DD 11 had chicken. We also tried the peach cobbler and gooey chocolate banana cake for desert. This was my favorite meal of the trip, everything was really good.

After lunch, we went to the Poseiden show, which was pretty interesting, especially the water vortex. I didn’t bother to tell my family that the vortex doesn’t always work (what they don’t know won’t hurt them, right?). It worked this time, though.

We walked through Seuss Land after this, and I just loved it! I felt like I stepped right into one of the books. We went on the Cat in the Hat ride (even DH), and I had a big grin on my face the entire time. What a great spot for kids! Again, the theming was fantastic.

After Seuss Land, we went back to the HRH, since I had reserved a pool cabana for the day. The cabana was only $30 for the day since we were staying on the club level. It had a tv, a small refrigerator with soft drinks and water, and they brought us a fruit basket after we got there. The pool area was great, DH and I even went swimming. Mostly we sat and tried the Beach Club’s great specialty drinks (around $7.50 each) while the girls were swimming. The pool area was busy, but not overly crowded.

After our enjoyable pool break, we went back to City Walk. The girls wanted to see a movie, so we let them go while we walked around and looked at the City Walk stores and restaurants. You could spend a whole day shopping here! There was also some street entertainment around. After the movie was over (9:00pm), the restaurants were pretty crowded, so we went back to the room and ordered sandwiches from room service. They were really good. None of us had any trouble falling asleep after this.

Great report! One question about the cabana: Were the soft drinks/water/etc. included in the $30, or was it a mini-bar type arrangement?

Wow ! What a great report ! You made me feel like I was there with you ~~ Thanks for keeping me excited about my trip !

The soft drinks and water were included with the cabana. There was also a small fruit basket.

Thanks for reading!

Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter