Our Very Own California Adventure!! July 30th-August 11th, 2008

Amazing trip report!!! Well done for your very first one...sounds like you guys had a very relaxing time in San Diego...I believe that flower picture from the zoo is called a honeysuckle..I'm almost 100% positive cause our neighbors used to have them..

The Midway is def a must see when you go to SD..I'm not that into boats and planes and stuff..but i really enjoyed this and have been on it at least 3 times!!!

Can't wait to see your bonus pics!!

Great Job!!

Thanks! :goodvibes WDW pics coming right up!

I need to take notes so I can copycat this trip one day :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I'm going to print this out for my scrapbook, so just let me know when you're ready to take your trip and I'll send you copy!

Ok, here are the WDW pics I promised!

First of all, the trip was a surprise for DS. Here is his reaction when he realized where he was going.

100_4273.jpg

From our first day, we spent our afternoon at AK because I wanted to see the new Nemo show and we HAD to ride EE, it's my favorite!!

100_4276.jpg

100_4278.jpg

100_4279.jpg

image002.jpg

Then DHS to ride TSMM, DSs new favorite

100_4291.jpg

100_4289.jpg

image014.jpg

image036.jpg

100_4303.jpg

At the pool @ OKW

100_4307.jpg

Liberty Tree Tavern

100_4321.jpg

100_4320.jpg

100_4318.jpg

DS took this picture, I thought he did a pretty good job!

100_4314.jpg

MK

image038.jpg

DS, very excited to get to ride in the front of the monorail (although, I don't know what he's looking at!!!! :rolleyes: )

100_4338.jpg

And finally from our last morning - this picture cracks me up!

100_4341.jpg

Hi!

Loved your trip report, you have a great style of writing, and the pics were fantastic!

The photo you posted of the red flower from the San Diego Zoo looks like an Australian native to me - a Callistemon, also known as the Bottlebrush.

Thanks for sharing your report...

only made it threw page one. Can't wait to read more. Our hubbys think the same. I'm working on him to go to dl next summer. And he is saying that he doesn't think we can afford it. Only time will tell.Can't wait to read more

You guys went to WDW and DL in one summer??? :eek:

You are so luckeeeeey! (said like a 7 yr old! :lmao: )

That pull the cord get a shower pic is a classic!

Thanks for posting the bonus shots!

Melissa

Amazing report!!!!!!! I loved every second of it. I'm keeping this one on my list until we do our Cali trip-you have such good hints in here. :goodvibes

I loved the bonus pics too!!

What a wonderful surprise trip for your DS! Your pics are great....thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

DS was excited, but not as excited as I thought he would be. I think he's maybe just a bit spoiled.......... ;)

Hi!

Loved your trip report, you have a great style of writing, and the pics were fantastic!

The photo you posted of the red flower from the San Diego Zoo looks like an Australian native to me - a Callistemon, also known as the Bottlebrush.

Thanks for sharing your report...

Thanks for the compliments on my report and pics!! :goodvibes I googled that plant and I think you may be right, it looks a lot like it! Australia is on mine & DHs list of places that we really want to visit! Hopefully we'll make it over there someday!

only made it threw page one. Can't wait to read more. Our hubbys think the same. I'm working on him to go to dl next summer. And he is saying that he doesn't think we can afford it. Only time will tell.Can't wait to read more

Thanks! Hope you enjoy my report. I always get the "we can't afford it" line from my DH! I started working part time this year now that both kids are in school all day. I'm hoping to be able to use that money to get my Disney fix and DH can just hush about it! :rotfl:

You guys went to WDW and DL in one summer??? :eek:

You are so luckeeeeey! (said like a 7 yr old! :lmao: )

That pull the cord get a shower pic is a classic!

Thanks for posting the bonus shots!

Melissa

Yep, both resorts in one summer! I did feel pretty luckeeeeeeeey! :laughing: WDW was just me and DS, and it was just a quick 3 night trip. The actual purpose of it was to meet some fellow dis'ers that I've become friends with, so it was a lot of fun to finally meet them in person!

Amazing report!!!!!!! I loved every second of it. I'm keeping this one on my list until we do our Cali trip-you have such good hints in here. :goodvibes

I loved the bonus pics too!!

Thanks so much! :flower3:

Love your WDW pics..that is my ultimate wish..to one day go to WDW!!! One can hope right?? Anyways..the castle in the background looks huge compared to our tiny little one!! Thanks for the awesome trip report!! Can't wait to hear of your next one..which will be when?? ha ha. Just Kidding!! Thanks!!

Love your WDW pics..that is my ultimate wish..to one day go to WDW!!! One can hope right?? Anyways..the castle in the background looks huge compared to our tiny little one!! Thanks for the awesome trip report!! Can't wait to hear of your next one..which will be when?? ha ha. Just Kidding!! Thanks!!

The first thing I thought when I saw Sleeping Beauty's castle was how small it was! :laughing:

I wish I knew when my next trip will be, not for awhile I'm afraid. :sad1:

:yay: more Captain Jack pirate:

Sounds cool that he is going to be the Mad Hatter in Alice too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah for Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Sounds cool that he is going to be the Mad Hatter in Alice too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I wish someone besides Tim Burton was directing it though, he tends to make JD look like a freak :sad2: Although, he was rather hot as Sweeney Todd, so maybe.........

What a great trip
this is one I want to take too

Thanks for sharing

oh my ogsh i just read your trip report and it was awsome. I love the pictures, thank you for sharing them. We are trying to plan a trip to disneyland and hopefully driving( 31hours) we live in alberta, canada. We wouldnt be going down that way but might come home that way. My son wants to see the sequas so bad( spelling) and the midway looks fantastic. I will have to check those places out. Not sure if the sequas are close to anywhere where we are driving but we would like to see sanfransico a bit so maybe a detour lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter