Our weed smoking neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you “need” medical marijuana the answer is to stay somewhere that allows it. WDW does not allow it, so if you stay there and have a medical issue based on not using it, that’s on you.
The argument could be that WDW does not have the right to deny legal usage. They don’t deny any other legal medicine so that’s where discrimination could come in to play.

What I like the least about this whole situation is the realization that if my resort neighbor has their exhaust fan on and I don't, any offensive odors they produce in their bathroom are going to get sucked right into mine.

I may have to keep my fan on all the time from now on.

Unfortunately, it only comes on with the light on and seems to me motion sensitive.

True, but what other legal medicine can have an impact on other guests? None that I can think of.

I’m sure a good lawyer can come up with a few. Would they say anything to someone giving an insulin shot in their big hairy belly at dinner in V&A’s? No. That could potentially impact other guests.
There’s many details that still need to be ironed out; it’s new territory without enough legal precedent.

On the first infraction Disney had every right to remove the offending guests from property. No need to call the cops at that point. Where they can call the cops is if they asked the offending party to leave and they refused. At that point it becomes trespassing.

The problem seems to be here that security/management were not able to talk to the suspected smokers and did not catch them in the act. While their room smelled, and it was very likely/obviously them, management/security still really didn’t have rock solid proof to remove them without seeing them smoke weed or catching them in the act of doing it. It sounds like the way Disney management really dropped the ball here was by not making contact, IMO. I skimmed back through OP’s posts and I’m not sure here if the guests actually received a warning or if any contact was made.

With lack of solid evidence they really need to catch guests in the act in order to remove them - from OP’s later posts it sounds like security was watching to try to catch them in the act at some point but were unsuccessful.

They typically won’t just remove someone solely based on another guest’s account or without a warning. It sounds like they could only guess where the smoke was coming from.

Management/security took too long for an initial response and weren’t diligent enough to track these folks down, it seems.

Last edited:
I’m sure a good lawyer can come up with a few. Would they say anything to someone giving an insulin shot in their big hairy belly at dinner in V&A’s? No. That could potentially impact other guests.
There’s many details that still need to be ironed out; it’s new territory without enough legal precedent.

I'm sure a good lawyer will come up with reasons why someone doesn't have to smoke Marijuana but can ingest it in another form (edibles, CBD oil, etc.) that is just the same. Off the top of my head,, i can't think of any other medicine that is smoked.

So how they knew it was our neighbor is that we could smell it coming out of the bathroom vent fan. The manager and security went to into the rooms on both sides of us. One side did not smell at all, the other did. Then they went to the room on the other side of the room that smelled but that one did not have any odor either. So it was just our 2 rooms, that are mirrors of each other, that smelled of weed, and it wasn't us. So our bathrooms where next to each other and what we figured that they were doing was smoking in their bathroom with their vent on, but since ours was not on, it just came into our room. That is how they knew who it was that was smoking. When the manager and security were checking the surrounding rooms, I was in the hallway and they told me that my neighbor's room had a very strong smell in there. It was pretty obvious once they went into their room that it was them smoking.
yes but still did not see them smoking it and they could say it was you smoking it blaming them. Disney was in a no win situation as to who is right not saying smoking wed is right but you have see it being done

Wow we had such a different experience at YC this past November. My DD and I were sitting on the balcony about 9pm and a couple people were smoking weed across the way from us on their balcony. A security guard happened to drive by the boardwalk and he abruptly stopped and walked to their balcony. He yelled up that he smelled something and that it's not allowed and that they need to come down immediately. They apologized and went back into their room but didn't come outside. The guard seemed angry and took off in his cart. He returned with back-up within 10 minutes and they left the cart and went into the YC via a nearby door to the wing they were staying at. I don't know what happened from there but I actually felt sorry for them. Even though I know it's not allowed, I had the feeling they were being kicked out, assumedly with no compensation. They seemed like a young couple who truly didn't know better and thought being outside it was "ok". It didn't look like there were going to be "second chances" for them. This is in contrast to your experience where they were given a chance to stop and yet they chose not to - they absolutely earned an "eviction"! :) Sorry that happened to you!
difference is that the ones in your case were seen smoking, in her case it was smelled but not seen

what about meds that you should not drive when using and someone decides to drive and hits someone
What about them? Not sure what that has to do with Disney or this situation.

Smoking weed causes disturbance to other guests (smell, second hand smoke, etc), which is why it’s not allowed on property even for medical reasons. There are other ways to get the same medical effect without the smoking part, so no I don’t think anyone would have a legal defense.

What about them? Not sure what that has to do with Disney or this situation.

Smoking weed causes disturbance to other guests (smell, second hand smoke, etc), which is why it’s not allowed on property even for medical reasons. There are other ways to get the same medical effect without the smoking part, so no I don’t think anyone would have a legal defense.
replying to another comment about other meds hurting other guests

It seems management was pretty negligent in handling that. The smell in their room is enough proof.
I haven’t run into that problem but at Poly a man was smoking cigars on his balcony, and another stay a family had their room chairs and a hooka set up continuously on the walkway at POR for days. I don’t think they ever went to the parks! Had to walk past them every time I went out. Both times I went to the front desk and problem was resolved promptly. Smoke really messes up my sinuses.
I wonder of YC smokers were fined? Somewhere it says if you smoke in your room they charge you because of the additional cleaning and de fuming they have to do.

As a type 1 diabetic , you will die without insulin. Most inject discreetly and other guests can easily look away. Not quite the same thing.

Why would I complain about my own smoking? LOL
not saying you complain but they could say it was you when they were not seen. Disney is caught with you complaining and not catching them smoking just smelling. who is right. not saying you are wrong but Disney is not going to side with one guest over another without proof more than other guest saying, which is why they offered to move you from situation not removing other guests

What I like the least about this whole situation is the realization that if my resort neighbor has their exhaust fan on and I don't, any offensive odors they produce in their bathroom are going to get sucked right into mine.
I may have to keep my fan on all the time from now on.

There is a bigger problem with this design. If the exhaust vent from one room can allow smoke or other odors from a neighboring room from going into another, what's to stop it from acting as a conduit for viruses like Covid19 and the flu, or bacteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter