Our worst day at WDW in 16 years...

Yup, I don't need rides to enjoy a Disney day. Give me some food, shopping, site seeing and I'm good.
Disney people watching is a whole diffrent level enjoyable entertainment!!!
Totally agree. Even just sitting on a bench and watching the crowds leads me to believe I could write a book. Ha.

I was at WDW many years ago for a conference during Spring Break. Worst trip ever, long lines and very crowded.. The crowds were better over Christmas break. However, I was expecting bad and made the best of it and still enjoyed the 2 days for the time I had.
Sorry you had a bad experience.

We typically visit Disney the two weeks after thanksgiving but this coming year we’re debating between the first two weeks of February or the first two weeks of March. We have Feb booked now but were considering moving to March. After reading all this I guess we’ll stick with February. I didn’t think the beginning of March would be so bad.
I was there last week, mar 4-9 and it was perfect!
Light crowds everywhere.
Also went first week of February.
Nice and easy also.
Just go before spring break starts.
Avoid weekend races and cheerleading and you’re good!

Light crowds everywhere.
Nice and easy also.
yes, I usually go first or second week of february (BEFORE president's day) because the weather is perfect, crowds are not that bad, and we escape from Michigan winter. WIN WIN.

Light crowds everywhere.
Nice and easy also.
Avoid weekend races and cheerleading
and you’re good!
Key points, along with all of the regular holidays.

Those races are sneaky with unexpected crowding.

Hate to hear you had a bad experience. Been there before no doubt.

My oldest daughter's birthday is Spring Break time. She doesn't understand why we can't go to Disney during this time of year. Avoiding the frustration. It doesn't have to be this way, but unfortunately it is.
We avoid that time of year like the plague :scared1:

Frozen has a bad return on investment IMO. Last time we went on it, we were in a long line outside in a storm. There was a drunk wedding party in front of us and I didn't think we'd ever get on that ride. Then, in five minutes it's over. I guess it would be a good idea to use LL on that, so I can see why you wanted to go that way. Sucks when the tech isn't working though. My niece has a magical ability to achieve every LL she attempts. We put her in charge, and off we go. Of course if the app is acting up, then no dice. If I was in charge, we'd never get on any ride ever :lmao:

Light crowds everywhere.
Nice and easy also.
I was there March 10-13. We had a great trip. Perfect weather and no issues with Genie+ at all.

Yup, I don't need rides to enjoy a Disney day. Give me some food, shopping, site seeing and I'm good.
I feel the same! Today I spent a very long time in the French shops at Epcot, mulling over Biscuit Rose, Madeleines, Fruits à la Liquor, and a bunch of other possibilities. Then I sprayed myself with a generous amount of Miss Dior from a sample bottle before going into La Creperie for a ratatouille crepe.

Oui!

the reason the friendship boat line isn’t long is because you can walk 4 times faster than those boats move so most know not to waste there time…..sooooooo slow!!!

The boats go faster than anybody can walk. It’s the whole process of waiting, boarding and making other stops that can take longer than walking. They are going close to 10mph. DH tried to race one from his scooter maxed out at 6mph and the HS boat left him in the dust. 🐢⛴️🐢

The boats go faster than anybody can walk. It’s the whole process of waiting, boarding and making other stops that can take longer than walking. They are going close to 10mph. DH tried to race one from his scooter maxed out at 6mph and the HS boat left him in the dust. 🐢⛴️🐢
Right - for total time I think its very close.

My parents used to take the boat back to the Dolphin and I would walk - I usually beat them or we arrived at the same time. I don't think I ever lost to the boat.

I am watching the rides, availability, and wait times this morning, as I have family visiting Disney World this weekend, and things do not look too bad. I hope it stays that way!

We had one of our absolutely worst Disney days today :(

Woke up at 6:30am, bought our genie. Started refreshing for GOTG at 6:55am. As soon as the clock hit 7am phone says "something went wrong" and the virtual que is done!

Tried to get LL, got one for Frozen at 7pm.

Got to Epcot just after rope drop. Waited two hours for Ratatouille.

At 12:45pm stood beside the CM tent while trying for GOTG again. Started refreshing at 12:55pm. Watched the atomic clock. 1pm phone says "something went wrong" It's over. No GOTG.

Spent over an hour refreshing Frozen and miraculously got it down to 2pm. But that was not without a fight and losing a bit of my mind.

So we paid $500 entrance for three. $98 for Genie.

We rode two rides. Ratatouille and Frozen. Had lunch. Walked around. That's it.

So TWO rides for the whole day. TWO. Test Track was greyed out on genie all day.

We have been going to Disney for 16 years, once or twice a year.

This was our last trip. We are done. The virtual que doesn't work.

Sorry you had a bad day! Your day is a good reminder why having a firm strategy and concrete expectations helps. I refuse to deal with the virtual queues. Had a friend basically ruin their day obsessing over not knowing their boarding group time would be and it meant they did practically nothing else with their day. Not for me!

I think setting expectations during a busy time is so important. Also finding things to enjoy that aren’t headliners. Epcot has so much to offer if you focus on more than rides.

Also it is so easy to focus on what you can’t get done instead of all the smaller things you can. Attitude can really impact your day.

Hopefully your next trip is better

Light crowds everywhere.
Nice and easy also.
We were there March 5 thru 13 and up until the 9th, it was just fine. Then the crowds showed up. Assuming we're doing a March trip in 2025, I want to research when the spring breaks start since the last few days we were there were doable, but very very crowded.

I see the OP has disappeared, but the thing that made me wonder was how they didn't try for LLs for any of the other attractions. I was at Epcot on the 12th. I didn't try for the VQ (I don't do spinning) but my advice to anyone who is trying for that is (1) make sure your app is updated; (2) close every single app on your phone except for MDE; and (3) pick either WiFi or cell service, whichever gives you a better signal. Do not have both running simultaneously. Also, (4) if you are not alone, have everyone in your group trying for the same VQ. This is especially helpful if people in your group have different types of phones--iPhone vs Android, e.g.

So, on the 12th--when Epcot was very crowded--my sister and I had LL for Frozen, had lunch at Nine Dragons, had LL for SE. Then my sister bombed out and I continued on. Got LL for LwtL, Soarin' (had a bit of refreshing there to get a time I wanted), and Nemo. Walked onto TTwC (and walked out--it was quite boring that time, although usually it's quite entertaining). On the way out I did standby for SE, since I wanted my last WDW ride to be memorable. Standby was about 5 minutes.

I cannot fathom why the OP stopped at the 2 LLs. There's so much to do at Epcot and, as another poster said, just walking around and enjoying the atmosphere and crowds is quite entertaining. Although I admit that I despise the new central area, which seems like a waste of space to me and, worse, has very very little shade, something in short supply at Epcot.

Although I admit that I despise the new central area, which seems like a waste of space to me and, worse, has very very little shade, something in short supply at Epcot.
This is what gets me with the new area. Why is none of it in the shade? It's Toy Story Land all over again. My go to spot for shade in Epcot is Sunshine Seasons. Plenty of seating and you can grab a drink to help cool you off. I've seen people laying across the booths and taking naps.

This is what gets me with the new area. Why is none of it in the shade? It's Toy Story Land all over again. My go to spot for shade in Epcot is Sunshine Seasons. Plenty of seating and you can grab a drink to help cool you off. I've seen people laying across the booths and taking naps.
That's also my go-to spot in Epcot, a park that really lacks shaded outdoor seating areas. And don't get me started on the lack of shade and outdoor seating in Toy Story Land! It's as though no one though it'd ever be hot and/or sunny in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter