Out of the mouths of babes - Funniest things heard/overheard at Disney parks?

My mum has a picture of me at 9 years old pulling a stroppy face over the disgusting mac & cheese kids meal because I refused to eat it.

And this isn't from a kid- but last time we were at MK, my dad threatened that he would send me on It's a Small Small World 10 times if I misbehaved :scared:

My mum has a picture of me at 9 years old pulling a stroppy face over the disgusting mac & cheese kids meal because I refused to eat it.

And this isn't from a kid- but last time we were at MK, my dad threatened that he would send me on It's a Small Small World 10 times if I misbehaved :scared:

Oh, I'm sure there are enough funny things overheard from the mouths of adults to justify a spinoff thread! Maybe a good idea ... ;)

I can remember seeing a 4-5 year old little girl having a meltdown on Main St in the Magic Kingdom ... her dad (probably weary of a long day, and some whining) got down in a crouch, got right in her face and said "now you listen to me - you WILL have fun!!". I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

We were coming off the plane of our most recent trip. A family with kids, about 7 and 9 or so, were in front of us as we walked through the walkway from the airplane to the terminal. Once we get in the terminal, one of the kids said "It smells like Florida!" :lmao:

I think those were mine! On our last trip (January), DS8 and DD6 were so excited to be back in Florida, and said, "It smells like Florida!" as soon as we hit the warm air. I honestly forgot about it until just now - thanks for reminding me of that one! :)

before our first trip (with rugrats) my oldest, then three, would say whenever asked what she wanted to do most at WDW, "i just want to talk to a princess". she was absolutely obsessed with just simply talking with a princess. upon arrival, we waited what seemed like hours at MK to meet the princesses. finally it is her turn - and she completely froze :rotfl:! seriously starstruck froze. after we left, she burst into tears and was wailing pitifully, "i don't know what happened, but i forgot to TALK to the princesses!!". haha needless to say, we endured the torturous line again...sigh.

We were in line for Test Track and the little boy behind us was getting nervous. His parents said this was his first time. So we started telling him how much fun the ride is. His mom kept saying 'This is going to be fun' as we took off to ride.

He was quiet most of the ride but once we got to the high speed loop he kept saying "This is not very fun!"

I've been very lucky to travel with my sister and her family quite a few times. On my niece's first trip (she was 2) we stayed at SSR on the third floor. Well she couldn't say elevator it came out as "alligator" Every time that elevator opened she would say "are there real alligators on this alligator" She's five now and she still looks for alligators before riding any elevators.

We were on the Magic last December playing Disney Tune Trivia and one of the songs was "Zippidty Do Da" from Song of the South and when the CM asked for the name of the song my niece blurts out really loudly "Splash Mountain". The CM told her she'd been to the parks one too many times.

I've been very lucky to travel with my sister and her family quite a few times. On my niece's first trip (she was 2) we stayed at SSR on the third floor. Well she couldn't say elevator it came out as "alligator" Every time that elevator opened she would say "are there real alligators on this alligator" She's five now and she still looks for alligators before riding any elevators.

We were on the Magic last December playing Disney Tune Trivia and one of the songs was "Zippidty Do Da" from Song of the South and when the CM asked for the name of the song my niece blurts out really loudly "Splash Mountain". The CM told her she'd been to the parks one too many times.

My daughter was 5 on her first trip to WDW,in 2003. My mother had been trying to tell her what WDW looked like and about all of the rides. We were walking on Main Street, trying to block her view of the castle.(So it would seem even bigger) At the end of Main Street, we moved so she could she the castle. She looked at her grandma and said, You're right Grandma. I DON'T believe my eyes!"

:earseek::earseek:

We took our DD14 to the World for her first trip on her 5th birthday. Back then she was absolutely obsessed with Peter Pan. Our first day of vacation we went to MK. She was very shy whenever she saw a character and refused to approach any. We were sitting in the square and Captain Hook walked by. She immediately stiffened straight up and marched over to the line. When she got to the front he reached out his hand to her and did the normal thing. She looked right at him, put her hands on her hips and began to shout, "tick tock, tick tock". It was priceless. He completely played along and started to shrink back as if in pain. It was hysterical! All of the nearby grown ups were chucking, and all of the kids were looking at her as if she was some kind of hero!

Two come to mind ...

Many years ago, we got to ride in the first car of the Monorail, with the conductor. The girls who were around 4 and 7. When we were at our destination, they are were both given a paper certification as co pilots of the monorail. The 4 year old was so excited, she told him, and us, "I am going to plaque this!" :)

The other one, from the same 4 year old, after waiting through a long que, and very patiently, said "there are certainly a lot of "weavers" at WDW". meaning switchback lines with rope. We used that one many times in the future. :)

We were eating outside in WS at EPCOT
we had bought hot dogs from a stand somewhere between China and Germany (IIRC)
We sat at a table and DS(4) was sitting in his stroller.

lots of birds around, and we kind of joked telling DS not to let the birds steal his dog.
DS reached up, and fully deployed the stroller's canopy and sat as far back as he could.
He occasionally leaned forward, sticking his head just past the side of the stroller yelling "it's mine go away" to the birds.
That was both cute and funny (and birds went home hungry that day :) )

Exactly! :thumbsup2

This didn't happen in the parks, but it is still Disney related.

About 6 months ago I took DS to a local library storytime. The librarian was reading a book, and pointed to an illustration of a big, silvery, moon and asked the kids if they new what it was called.

My son yells out "EPCOT"!

So, my two year old can't identify the moon, but has no problem naming park icons. There's a proud parent moment for you! :rotfl2:

I would be proud!!!! :goodvibes

Not completely Disney related but I'll still remember it as one of my favorite child moments. My husband and I were flying down to Disney to plan for our wedding and a little girl (maybe 4 or 5) was sitting in the seats in front of us with her Dad. She had fallen asleep on the plane and when she woke up she opened her eyes to look out the window while we were still in the air. All of the sudden you hear this big gasp and she turns to her dad to say "Daddy, are we in heaven?!?" Her voice had the tone of both wonder and horror at the same time. Her dad was great at diffusing the situation and explained they were just in an airplane.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but it was THE most hilarious thing I've ever heard in WDW.

DH and I were riding It's a Small World and in the seat in front of us was a dad with his son, who was about 7 or 8. We had just rounded the first corner into the ride when:

Son: "Dad, what's a bl__ job?"
Dad (horrified whisper): "What, where did you hear that term?"
Son: "At school."
Dad: "Oh well that's just wonderful. But believe me it's something you don't need to worry about for a while, and you'll know what it means by then"

DH and I were doing the silent shaking laughter with tears just streaming down our faces.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but it was THE most hilarious thing I've ever heard in WDW.

DH and I were riding It's a Small World and in the seat in front of us was a dad with his son, who was about 7 or 8. We had just rounded the first corner into the ride when:

Dad: "Oh well that's just wonderful. But believe me it's something you don't need to worry about for a while, and you'll know what it means by then"

DH and I were doing the silent shaking laughter with tears just streaming down our faces.

I would have died laughing right then and there.

My son has a way with one-liners. He is fairly fearless and very tall for his age, so he got to ride most rides at Disneyland last summer, when he was 3.

As we got off of Space Mountain, he told me loudly "Outer space is a whole lot bumpier than I thought it would be!" and made nearby adults giggle.

When we got off TOT, he said earnestly "That was fun. But Mommy? Let's don't ever, EVER do it again, OK?"

He also pointed out every single monorail he saw in Disneyland for 4 days, each time with such excitement it seemed he had never seen one before. And at Disney World, the previous year, when we stayed at CR for a week, he did the same. "Look! A monorail!" We spent an hour waiting for resolution on a gift card issue within sight of the tracks at DL, and fellow diners at the restaurant were dying laughing about the 5th time he did it.

I would have died laughing right then and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter