• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

outdated service at WDW?

Shutting down the fountain at the far end of Downtown Disney would produce many, many times the cost savings (and make for far fewer wet, smelly children).
And piss off a whole lot more people than canning the lock guys...

Certainly you’re not equating property damage to personal injury lawsuits. As someone else mentioned, if the AAA can afford this kind of coverage, certainly The Walt Disney Company can. It also seems like opening locked cars is way down on the list of potential problems that Disney Legal worries about. This really does strike me a low level budget cut, one of a hundred trims for some division to make up it mandate “savings”. And these days around the property, if it doesn’t sell plush it’s in danger of being cut. Disney’s Legal isn’t a slouch department by the way. They can put up a good case in court. One of Disney’s biggest deterrence is the threat of unleashing the Mouse Lawyers against poor old Johnny Plantiff.

And isn’t a waiver already printed on the parking ticket to begin with? Of all the liabilities just with the parking lot, the cost of an occasional broken window is so trivial that I doubt anyone keeps track of that as a separate line item. There have to be hundreds of more cases concerning dings, fender benders and theft. I doubt a court would find Disney more liable because someone was trying to open a door than a case where someone claimed a Disney employee “directed” them into the back of the Yugo they hit.

For the locked cars, the issue probably isn't $$$--it's the bad publicity as the Sentinal headline blares "'FAMILY VEHICLE DAMAGED BY DISNEY STAFF"--accompanied by a statement from the lawyer that it was "the best car the family ever had" and the 1.6 million dollars sought in damages won't be nearly enough to compensate for the suffering and grief (especially when 1.2 million of it heads for the lawyer's pockets!!)
I hear some local law firms are setting up mobile offices at each Disney parking lot---.
The good ole' American "Legal System" strikes again!!
"We have met the enemy--and they is us"

I find it interesting that they will still give jumpstarts for dead batteries when logic would following the majority of people have AAA and can call them for unlocks, then they can all them for jumpstarts too. DUH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter