• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Outlets to plug in medical equipment?

disneymouse16

Mouseketeer
My niece uses a medical pump for feeding her through a G-tube. The new formula she is on drains the battery and she needs to have it plugged into an outlet to get her feed. I figure we can charge it at First Aid or the baby center. However, that will be a pain to run back every time she needs a feed it (4 times a day). Are there outlets accessible in quick service locations? Or other places we could take turns taking a break with her to keep the pump charged while she is being fed? This is new territory for me but hoping to have some options lined out before we get there.

This is a really good question. A lot of outlets were capped when people were using them and kind of camping out. You might want to ask at City Hall when you first get to the park and hopefully, they can direct you to some so you don't have to keep going to First Aid to plug in and recharge your battery.

My niece uses a medical pump for feeding her through a G-tube. The new formula she is on drains the battery and she needs to have it plugged into an outlet to get her feed. I figure we can charge it at First Aid or the baby center. However, that will be a pain to run back every time she needs a feed it (4 times a day). Are there outlets accessible in quick service locations? Or other places we could take turns taking a break with her to keep the pump charged while she is being fed? This is new territory for me but hoping to have some options lined out before we get there.

Can her pump be left at First Aid to charge and then just picked up for feeding? Most outlets that I have seen that are accessible to the public are in places you wouldn't want to hang out.

In the Grand California lobby in the alcove by the fireplace there are outlets on the side of the benches, if they aren't all taken up by people charging their phones it is nice place to relax and take a break.

Can her pump be left at First Aid to charge and then just picked up for feeding?
And/or would it be possible (weight, size) to take a spare battery to DL so you don't have to find a recharging place so often? I don't know how big these batteries are and how much they weigh, and also whether your niece is in a stroller or wheelchair, which would make it easier to carry around extra supplies. Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestions and resources. We may just have to leave it at First Aid. We will have a couple of adults who could run back and forth I think. But I did bookmark that list of outlets! That could be quite useful!

In general with Disney pushing non-stop app use and Magic Band charging, they should setup small themed charging areas (USB and plug outlets) similar to airports/malls/hotel rooms. Not only the low quality Fuel Rod packs.

I've also seen multiple guests "camped out" around hidden outlets trying to recharge devices.

*edit to add- I know it's not Disney's responsibility, just would be nice guest service addition to parks. :earsboy:

Last edited:

In general with Disney pushing non-stop app use and Magic Band charging, they should setup small themed charging areas (USB and plug outlets) similar to airports/malls/hotel rooms. Not only the low quality Fuel Rod packs.

I've also seen multiple guests "camped out" around hidden outlets trying to recharge devices.

*edit to add- I know it's not Disney's responsibility, just would be nice guest service addition to parks. :earsboy:
So we do a lot of events where we install charging stations and here is why that likely won't happen...people plug in then literally walk away from the their devices. In an environment like DL unfortunately those would get snatched and the people then blame Disney like it was somehow the company's responsibility to keep them secure. Seen it happen.

On a side note...are the charging lockers still a thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter