Outlets?

soccerchick

Dis Veteran<br><font color=red>My husband has rice
I've found a little bit about three outlet malls near WDW. They are Orlando Premium Outlets, Lake Buena Vista Outlets, and Belz (sp?). I know some people have mentioned shopping at a DS at one of these. Can anyone tell me which one has TDS? I tried through Chamber of Commerce but no luck yet. Also, in your opinion, is it worth the time/effort to get there?

Thanks!!:D

:rolleyes:
If I remember right the Disney Outlet was at the Belz mall - the malls are huge and full of great deals on all types of goods. I am an outlet junkie and I have learned to bring an extra suitcase just for my bargins. I found alot of great buys at the Disney outlet - new merchandise often so try to go at the start and end of your trip. I did all of my souviner shopping for the family back home there. Happy shopping!

Great buys at the outlets! My daughter bought a safari hat (with Mickey Mouse ears) in Animal Kingdom for $16.99 and we saw it the next day at one of the outlets for $2.99.. Boy - was she ever upset! Also got photo albums and scrapbooks for less than half of what they were selling for in the parks..

DEFINITELY worth the time and effort.. Have a good trip! :)

Lake Buena Vista Outlets has 2 Character Corner Stores[go to the Big one first!!]
And only 1 mile from WDW!!
We found
Disney trading pins for $1,99 each[$3.99 at Belz]
a AK tin with the Fab 5 characters on it $.99
a AK style leather purse $.99
a MK fireworks w/characters $4.99
2 Disney hats each $2.99
Die Cast Characters in their Vechicals $.99

The Character Corner store off of 535 is not in the same league as the 2 stores at Belz Factory Outlet World off of International Drive/Oak Ridge Rd. The CC is not owned by the same folks as the other 2. You will be glad that you made the drive. Lots of excellent Disney merchandise.

How do you find out where the TDS/Character Warehouse stores are? Is there a website that lists that info?

Thanks!

We went to the Belz outlets and saved alot on souvenirs. I cannot remember everything but I know we got some mickey t-shirts and sweatshirts for about $5 each. We Also went to the Universal outlet in the same mall if you plan on going there the deals there were better than the Disney one.

Thanks everyone who posted here with so much outlet store info!

I've printed out info on the 3 separate places mentioned here:

1. Orlando Premium Outlets with a Disney and a Universal store.

2. Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores with a Disney Character Corner.

and

3. Belz Factory Outlet World with 2 Malls each having a WDW store and one having a Universal store.

Can someone who knows all 3 explain the differences in what they carry and the distance to travel to them either from WDW or from Universal as I'll be going to both parks.

I'm just a bit overwhelmed by this info here! I'd like a store to buy souveniers (do they have stuff that's only available at the parks???) and my DD's some clothes or even their bedding (Princess) stuff.

Thanks in advance!:) :) :)

I've never been to #2 (I will have to check that out now.) I have found I need to visit all 3 of the other Disney stores. I've been told they try to have at least 20% different merchandise in each store. Every once and a while, I find where the prices are even different but that is rare.

I have also found if I like something, I need to buy it then because their turnover can be rather fast.

PS - There is also a Disney outlet store in St. Augistine.

Just a month ago I hit all three outlets. (The two at Belz, in the side by side malls) and Character Corner, off hwy 535.
It's probably a hit 'n' miss, and depends on what you are looking for situation.
Personally, unless I happened to be in that area, I wouldn't waste my time at the two stores in Belz again. The items I looked at were the very same prices/items sold in the park. Oh except the millenium pins that were a whopping penny off the usual retail price. (And were on all the CM lanyards at the park anyway.:rolleyes: )
Now the store off hwy 535 is a different story!:D It is the same type of Disney Outlet by Anaheim, CA, but on a smaller scale. Nothing at all fancy, but true discounted prices! My kind of store! ;)
I bought a MM flag sweatshirt for $5 or $6. They also were selling an AK pin for $4.99 that still sells in WDW for $12.50! I bought a Disney music CD for I think $12 or $13. (That sold for around $20 in TDS.)

We went to Belz when there in Nov.

There are two Disney Stores in this Mall - one on each side of the street.

Character Premier and Character Warehouse, these are both owned by Disney and the employees are CMs like any other Disney Employee.

I found shirts here that were $36 - $54 in the parks for around $12 - $18

We also went to the Universal store at this mall and found great IOA shirts with the Dr. Suess Characters on them for $7.50 each. Not t-shirts but really nice golf style shirts.

These stores were awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter