Over the Chest or Around the Waist

cdntowdw

Mouseketeer
I've got two young boys, 7 & 10 and I would like them to carry their own drink bottles and snacks into the parks. I have a couple of insulated bags with side bottle holders with a long strap to wear over the shoulder and across the chest. They are a nice size, about 6"x9" and should hold a few snacks, autograph cards, pen, etc.
I'm wondering if they are going to interfere with sitting on the rides. Wondering if I should look for fanny packs for them to wear instead.
Anyone ever worn anything like this instead of a fanny pack? What do you think kids would prefer?

I have an organizer bag from Eddie Bauer with a padded central section for a camera plus various pockets for money, credit cards, pen slots, also will hold park maps, etc. I also have a clip on sunglasses case & water bottle holder (also from eddie bauer). It could be used as a shoulder bag but the strap is long enough to wear across the chest which is how I always use it. This is my wdw bag & have never had any trouble on any ride with it. I love it & hate fanny packs. I certainly would not buy something else, those sound like they are perfect.

I have a bag also from eddie bauer that sounds the same as the above post mentioned, and I loved it. IT worked out great, and held everything I needed. I think that fanny packs would be kind of cumbersome on some of the rides. With my bag, I could rest it over the restraints, or push it to the side. I definitely think the bags you described would do the job nicely.

Thanks for the info on how the bags will work on the rides. I'll start trying to get my boys to wear them and give them a try out when we head to the Pittsburgh Zoo on holidays next week.

I think that sounds like a great bag, but your boys will probably want to wear what all the other kids are wearing, which is backpacks and fanny packs. Fanny packs are uncomfortable and they don't look so great when you're wearing them, but they fit in so well since that's what most people use.

I don't like to use fanny packs. Not only are they uncomfortable, but they tend to get in the way of lap bars and turnstyles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter