• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Over the Counter Meds in the Parks

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Where can you get Advils and Tums in the parks?
Dpo you need to go to First Aid? Or can you get at the stores?

We asked at two stores in two different parks on two different days & were directed to first aid both times.

Honestly, if it's something you expect you may need, I'd bring it with you. I always have a small bottle of ibuprofen in my bag. It was well worth the extra expense to buy a small travel size once, which I now refill from a regular bottle kept at home (or in the resort room).

I have had a hard time finding Tums and cough drops at the resorts. There were Tums this trip. Still no cough drops. AKL didn't have bandaids either. BRING BANDAIDS if you will need them. I never get blisters, but I was wearing heels to a wedding at AK and walked like 12,000 steps in them. Horrible blisters on my pinky toes. DH had to drive to Walgreen's to get me bandaids. The two I had brought did not work well for blisters.

EDIT: I am sure first aid would have had something, but that would only be enough for that day. I still had 2 more days of my trip.

I've been able to buy small/single doses of ibuprofen, antacids, Bonine and Dayquil from store registers in emergency situations in the past.

In Epcot I have bought Advil from the gift shop under spaceship earth (the non pin trading side) at least twice. Also most of the resort gift shops will have many OTC medicines. The Speedeay gas stations outside of magic kingdom and boardwalk resorts would also be good places to look.

I’ve purchased ibuprofen and bandaids at a register in frontier land before. They don’t have these items on display you have to ask for them at the register and not every register has them but the cast members usually can tell you which ones do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter