Overdue Disneyland TR from June 2007! *with pics!*

momto2nenas

DIS Veteran
My looooong overdue trip report! We were at DLR June 13-15, 2007.
CMs: Me - Disney-lovin' momma to 2 princesses
DH - Slowly but surely becoming a Disney-lovin' Dadda
DD#1 - 5 Year old Princess
DD#2 - 2 yr. old Princess-in-Training

This makes our 2nd visit to Disneyland, and my 3rd visit to the Disney Parks (did WDW in '93 on a cheerleading trip and if you don't count going to the Disneyland Paris parking lot back in 2001 on our way to Paris!).

Day 1: (and bear w/ me as I cut and paste and learn to add photos!)
We arrived at Disneyland gates at about 8:20 and the lines were under the monorail. They opened the gates at 8:55 and let us down Mainstreet for the rope drop. EE messed up the regular schedule I think (it was switched days b/c of Grad Night).
My 2 beauties waiting for the gates to open:
June132007DisneylandDay1010.jpg

We headed straight for Fantasyland to ride Peter Pan with a short wait, then headed straight over to Dumbo then on to the Teacups. Short wait on both.
DD#1 and I:
June132007DisneylandDay1017.jpg

DH and DD#2 (check out this sweet baby's face! She loved this ride and constantly made Dumbo go up and down.)
June132007DisneylandDay1016.jpg

Next was The Storybook Canal b/c DD#1 insisted, it turned into a 50 minute wait! The ride wasn’t even that great! She liked it so I guess it was worth it. We then headed over and did Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, took a pic with Merlin and then rode the Carousel. I love all the details on the Carousel!

Next we headed to NOS to Pirates of the Carribean, its about 11:15 at this point. We rode Pirates and loved it! It was closed for refurb. last spring and we didn't know what we were missing! This became a favorite during the trip.

We stopped for lunch at Café Orleans, they said 15-30 min. wait but actually took about 5 minutes. I ran to Splash to get a FastPass but the line to get a ticket was massive so I ran back to the restaurant just in time for our name to be called. Lunch was delicious! I had the Monte Cristo, DH had a Cesar salad and the girls shared the mac and cheese w/ fruit. I had an iced tea to drink and it was very refreshing! We were seated outside along the rail which was awesome! I loved people watching and seeing the Columbia sail by and we caught 2 pirate shows from across the water! I am still daydreaming about the Monte Cristo....

We rode Haunted Mansion after lunch and it was so fun w/ the girls this year! Last year DD#1 kept her eyes closed the whole time and DD#2 was only 7 months and it was difficult getting into the moving Doom Buggy carrying her and dragging along DD#1... :)

After lunch we went to Critter Country and the girls and I rode Pooh while DH got a Splash FP. After Pooh which was a walk on we stopped for pics with Pooh and Eyeore. DD#2 wasn’t scared at all and went right up to them! This was her first character meeting (we didn't even attempt w/ Merlin earlier, didn't want to ruin the whole visit by a 6ft. tall bearded man!)
June132007DisneylandDay1051.jpg

We decided to head to Mainstreet for the Parade of Dreams and on the way DD#1 posed for a pic with Aladdin (DD#2 had fallen asleep in the stroller) at his Oasis. On the way to get a spot for the parade we saw Mary Poppins and Bert in their finest so DD#1 posed for another character pic.
June132007DisneylandDay1054a.jpg

There were no crowds on Mainstreet so we figured we were quite early for the Parade so we went over to Tomorrowland to see Ariel at her Grotto and then back to get our parade spot in front of Refreshment Corner. DD#1 and I went to get lollipops for both girls to eat during the parade and made a ton of smashed pennies. (We had stacked 2 quarters and a penny in a Mini M&Ms container and it worked perfect for storage!) DH got an ice cream at the Blue Ribbon place and it looked delish! (Food pics will be at the end of the TR!) Mary Poppins and Burt walk across MainStreet followed by Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, and Tweedle Dee Dee and Dumb but they were in a hurry for the Parade I believe.

I got a Cherry Coke to drink while watching the parade. I should mention I was desperately thirsty all day long and had to take about 10 potty breaks! Way more than DD#1! I'd heard Cherry Cokes were great in DL and the one I had did not disappoint!

The Parade was good, not nearly as moving to me as last year's but still beautiful. I love the music and wanted to dance on the street corner, lol.
DD#1 sat on the curb the whole time while DD#2 did get up and dance until Goofy as the Jester got too close and she said Uh-Uh! And went hiding behind DH! The Princes and Minnie Mouse were absent from the parade, DD#1 did NOT like that as she remembered seeing them last year. I have heard of not enough CMs for the Princes...? I loved seeing them dance with their Princesses last year! I guess the Beast was the lone "Prince" this year:
June132007DisneylandDay1079.jpg

After the parade we headed to Matterhorn and discovered a massive line and said SKIP! On to check out Space Mountain.. another SKIP! We did find a switch pass for Star Tours on the ground so DH and DD#1 used that and walked right on. Then we got FPs for Buzz and had some fruit and Powerade while we waited for our 5pm FP time.

Rode Buzz w/ no wait and took DD#2 to meet Ariel since she was sleeping the first visit, she walked right up to her, so cute! She really liked the Buzz ride and even held the ray gun for a bit.

Time for our Splash FP so we headed back to that side of the park with a stop on Jungle Cruise since there was a less than 5 min. wait. It was super cute and the girls both loved it. Our guide was pretty funny to w/ corny humor and jokes. On to Splash and DH and DD#1 rode w/ a 10 min. wait. DD#2 and I strolled around and tried to find me a frozen banana, no luck. They came off the ride not too wet but DD#1 claimed she didn’t like it b/c she almost fell off… I guess when the ride went down the drop she skidded forward on the seat and got scared. She said she would not be riding again. We then went to eat at the French Marketplace or whatever (like a cafeteria) and the food again was great! I had fried chicken w/ mashed potatoes and gravy. And fries I didn’t eat. The girls shared mac and cheese, fruit and DD#2 had a chicken leg from my plate. DH had a beef stew bread bowl, I loved how they made it look like a Mickey head w/ the cutouts as "ears".

Then on to the Hub to get a spot for Fireworks that were scheduled early b/c of Grad night. We had a great seat, right on the curb in front of the castle (apparently where the horses take their breaks as well… the smell was pretty ripe). DD#2 and I took pictures of the castle while DH and DD#1 went to ride Matterhorn w/ success this time! It was still a 35 min. wait around 7:30pm. We had our spots, the girls had cotton candy, I had a Coke all ready for the fireworks......... and at 8:55 they announce they are canceled b/c of wind. NO! This happened to us last year so we still didn't get to see the fireworks! We book it over to Indy to use the FP we grabbed earlier and DH walked on at 9pm. The park closed at 9pm b/c of Grad Night.

Here's a pic of the castle as we waited for the Fireworks that never happened...
June132007DisneylandDay1125.jpg

So we managed to ride 16 rides the first day! I think that’s great since its June and the crowds were pretty heavy. Heavy but manageable. Tomorrow is our CA day!

Day 2:
We woke up and got to CA right at 9:15 and they opened the gates at 9:30. We got our FPs for Soarin’ first thing and then took some pictures and waited for the rope drop.
Check out my cuties in their matching outfits Mommy made!
June142007DisneylandDay2006a.jpg

At 10am we headed to Ariel’s Grotto for our DisneyVisa pic. We were a little disappointed that Mickey wasn’t there just Goofy but it was a free pic! We took some more pics of Paradise Pier:
June142007DisneylandDay2011.jpg

DD#1 and DH rode Mulholland’s Madness. DD#1 was not thrilled and said she would not ride it again...check out her face after the ride, lol:
June142007DisneylandDay2018.jpg

Next up, Bug’s Land! Now I will admit that we had not watched "A Bug's Life" before but I wish we had that area would have been so much more meaningful if we had something to relate to! We've since watched the movie, LOVED it and can't wait till next trip so we can feel like the "bugs" in the movie. We rode Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train, the bumper cars, lady bugs, and Flik’s Flyers. The smells on the train are so cute! Graham crackers being my favorite!

While the girls and I were riding Flik’s Flyers DH hollers my name and shows me a Dream FastPass! I was so excited! After the ride we walked up the path and they were still there handing out Dream FastPasses to everyone walking by! We got 4 of them for each of us, they even gave DD#2 one! I was on a high then, we’d been “Dreamed”!

On our way to Soarin', two Cars characters were out for "meets" so we hoped over to see them:
June142007DisneylandDay2002.jpg

DD#1 was a little skeptical at first about riding Soarin' but decided she LOVED IT! Its my favorite ride and now its her’s too which I love. She was so excited to see Tinkerbell at the end which is a cute surprise if you haven't ridden it before!

Then headed over to the Playhouse Disney show which is outdated already :( but the girls liked it and had fun. We rode Monster’s Inc. and played around in the limo outside of the ride and DD#2 had to give her friend Boo a kiss:
June142007DisneylandDay2040.jpg

We strolled around Hollywood Backlot for awhile and saw Belle and JoJo and got the girls’ pictures.
June142007DisneylandDay2042.jpg

DH decided DD#1 should ride Tower of Terror and I don’t know what possessed me to let him take her on it but I did… and she rode it! She did not like it and I felt bad after I let him take her. She isn’t traumatized so that is a good thing!
June142007DisneylandDay2066a.jpg

We were hungry and decided on StoryTeller’s Café in the Grand Californian Hotel for lunch. We'd eaten there last year and it was really good and the atmosphere is excellent. Right before the park exit we got Dreamed again! This time with the Dream Lanyards and Pins. How super exciting! Twice in 1 day! The Dream Team told us we should play the lottery, lol.

Lunch was good. DD#1 got to make her own pizza and then they baked it for her. DH had a cheeseburger and fries and I had the BBQ chicken and fries.
June142007DisneylandDay2054.jpg

After lunch we went back to Tower of Terror and I rode it alone, it totally freaked me out and I’ve ridden it before. I couldn’t believe I let my BABY ride that thing! I apologized to her when I finished! I think before that ride we saw Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto. I know I have pictures of the kids with them from sometime that day……….
June142007DisneylandDay2029.jpg
June142007DisneylandDay2065.jpg

DH tried to take the girls to Turtle Talk With Crush but DD#2 was too wound up and needed her nap so they left and it was perfect timing b/c I’d just finished ToT. We picked up our free Visa pic and then headed to Disneyland.

We felt powerful walking into Disneyland w/ our Dream FPs! We didn’t know what to do first! We ended up going to SpaceMountain and I took DD#1 on with me. Again, I don’t know what I was thinking b/c that is a fast and scary ride! She did okay and held onto me the whole time and said she would not ride it again… pattern here huh?

We then headed over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. DD#1 wouldn’t go w/ me so I went alone, it was great. I loved how I rode up out of my seat on some of the dips. When I finished DD#1 had changed her mind and said she did want to go on it so we rode it again. Back to back riding isn’t a good idea, I got a headache from all the shakes and bumps! But DD did LOVE it and still talks about it. She loved seeing all the animals especially the coyotes. We are in the very first seat in this awesome picture DH took!
June142007DisneylandDay2072.jpg

We rode Pirates of the Caribean again, DH and the girls really loved this ride. I like it but thought it was a bit long….had Dole Whips (gross) and went in the Tiki Room. The girls liked the birds, DH said it was whack, lol.

Pretty soon it was late so we left the park and went to dinner at Mimi’s Café. It was good I love the spice cake they serve w/ the drinks! I had about 5 glasses of iced tea and took 1 to go and DD#1 and I decided to go back to the Park and try to see Fireworks again. This time they did show and they were great! The effects on the castle and the music was totally in sync. DD#1 really enjoyed them too.
June142007DisneylandDay2100.jpg

The walk out of the park was monstrous but we managed to get back to the hotel in about 20 mins. We stayed at the Castle Inn and Suites, the girls loved coming home to their own "castle" everynight and it looks cute lit up in front.

Up next is our final day at Disneyland. Thanks for reading if you've came this far! :goodvibes

Nice TR. Love the pics.

:eek: Say it isn't so! ;)

Oh yes, they were gross! I had them when we lived in Hawaii and didn't see what the fuss was about and thought maybe the ones in Dland were "special".. nope! Just as gross as the ones at Dole Plantation!

Glad you are enjoying the TR! Still have day 3 to post.. :)

Great report, neighbor. :thumbsup2

That pic of DD 2 kissing Boo was great.

We also visited in June & missed getting messed up by a "grad nite" by one day...whew. :) What dates were you all there?

hound - :hippie:

(looking forward to day 3!)

I think I've re-read my own TR too many times, lol! I just love seeing all the pics in order! They are so jumbled on my computer.

Day 3 coming up soon................. :yay:

I think I've re-read my own TR too many times, lol! I just love seeing all the pics in order! They are so jumbled on my computer.

Day 3 coming up soon................. :yay:

:bored:

:lmao: :rotfl:

Woo Hoo....Day 3 :woohoo:

(we were there 6/4 - 6/6....i think fewer crowds that first week in june. Info for next year. :))

hound - popcorn::

Our final day in Disneyland. I wasn’t as sad as I thought I would be since we were driving to Texas and our new home the next day so more adventures were to come before our vacation was over!

I woke up at 7:30am and got the girls up and ready. They ate their dry cereal out of cups again (works great on the go!) and we headed for Disneyland one last time!

The gates were already open and we took that as a bad sign since DH decided he wanted to do Nemo. We figured everyone was lined up at the end of Mainstreet but nope they were in the Hub. There were several thousand people lined up everywhere. We got in the Tommorowland line and were still going to make a go for it when a CM came by and said Nemo line only through Fantasyland. A lot of people were disgruntled about that and moved to the other side. Then we knew it was a skip for sure!

We went straight to Matterhorn instead. DD#1 and I rode it together and she was so excited to take me on the ride since she’d ridden it w/ DH before. It was a fun ride! I liked the hills and dips and the Alps effect it had, really made me think of Bavaria in Germany when we lived there.

From there it was straight to Fantasyland and onto a completely empty Pinnochio. I loved this ride, it was so cute! We missed it last year and I’m glad we did it this trip. From there we walked on an empty Snow White. I must have told DH over and over "Nemo is really paying off!" lol! We walked onto Casey Jr. Circus Train, another new one to us. It was mainly for DD#2 who really likes Choo Choo trains right now. We rode in the Animals Cage.

Now its about 9:45am so we head to Princess Fantasy Faire to let the girls meet the Princesses. The line was long already and the wait was about 40 mins. I’ve heard it gets up to 2 hours so I guess this was okay. The girls met Snow White, Cinderella, and Pocohantas.
June152007DisneylandDay3020a.jpg
CopyofJune152007DisneylandDay3013.jpg

CopyofJune152007DisneylandDay3024.jpg

Jasmine was just leaving when we got up there but we knew we were going to see her later at the Oasis. DD#2 was really cute w/ all the characters. Giving them big hugs right away and kisses. It was sweet to watch them enteract. I personally like the Princesses better when you can catch them around the castle so lets hope they go back to that eventually...

Next up was Toontown. We met Minnie
June152007DisneylandDay3031a.jpg
CopyofJune152007DisneylandDay3032.jpg

and toured her's and Mickey’s houses. DD#1 wouldn’t ride the Go Gadget Coaster and our FP for RR ToonSpin was no good since the ride was BROKE when we got there to ride.. boo! We left and took the RailRoad to Adventure Land to eat at Café Orleans again. It was good but not as good as the first day. We had to eat inside and they skimped on the powdered sugar on my Monte Cristo. Definately could tell this was a Friday as the wait was longer and much more crowded!

We rode Haunted Mansion again, I really liked this ride. The line was short about 10 mins. And then on to Pirates AGAIN! 3 times this trip! It was long but good again.

We were making our way to the Castle for some family photos when we saw the Ratatoille characters and got a pic w/ them. We hadn't seen the movie yet but the girls still enjoyed meeting them!
June152007DisneylandDay3048.jpg

We took some pictures at the Castle and they all turned our great!
June152007DisneylandDay3052.jpg

By now its getting later in the day and we are all hot and tired! We stopped for a Vanilla Coke at Refreshment Corner and DH sat in the shade with DD#2 who went to sleep in her stroller and DD#1 and I went to Aladdin’s Oasis for storytime.
This was another first for us and it was cute. DD#1 got to meet both Aladdin and Jasmine at the end and we got a great picture.
June152007DisneylandDay3066-1.jpg

The parents sat on bleachers in the back during the story and I was in the scorching sun the whole time, it was not comfortable. I drained my entire Coke in about 2 minutes.

Now for another of my favorites while at Disneyland the shopping! We strolled Mainstreet and went shopping w/ our DisneyVisa for 10% off! The girls go their Ears (Pirate Princess for DD#1 and Minnie for DD#2) DD#2 got a Baby Minnie doll, I got magnets, keychain, book, and a waterglobe. Then it was back to Frontierland to get DD#1 her Jesse the Cowgirl doll she’d talked about constantly for 3 days! That thing was $25 she better enjoy her for years to come! We always make the girl wait till the end of the trip to pick oru their toys so they know exactly what they want and don't wish for something else after its too late.
June152007DisneylandDay3084-1.jpg
June152007DisneylandDay3083-1.jpg

The 3:30 Parade was going on so we stood on the Adventure Land side of the Hub and had Mickey Head ice creams and I finally found a frozen banana.
June152007DisneylandDay3068a.jpg

We walked back over to ride Matterhorn again but it was too crowded so instead went back on the Teacups and back to ToonTown to try ToonSpin again but it was JUST closing as we got there rip-off! We've still yet to ride it! We rode the Monorail wanting to take a break in the A/C but there was no A/C in the car we were in and it was a lot of work getting the strollers closed, etc. DD#2 liked it though and we saw the Nemo Subs ride and the horrendous line… no thank you!

We went back down Mainstreet and I got a CD of all the music from the rides. We still listen to it daily and if its not playing DD#2 says Disneyland over and over till I turn it on in the car.
Everytime I see this picture I start singing: "We're walking right down the middle of Mainstreet USA........" I think we even sang it as I took the picture!
June152007DisneylandDay3094.jpg

At the end (or rather beginning) of Mainstreet we saw Minnie Mounse again in her Dreams costume… I had been hoping to see her in it! She looked beautiful for a 6ft tall mouse in a blue dress and we got some cute pictures!
June152007DisneylandDay3097-1.jpg

We headed back to California Adventure to escape the crowds and took the girls to A Bug’s Land to run around and cool off. DD#1 got completely soaked to her underwear. I walked around and had another Coke.. no vanilla in CA. DH wanted to do Monsters Inc. again so we walked there and walked on.. literally no line. Then watched Muppets 3D. It was so old school! Lol. Then it was time for our Soarin’ FP I got when we first got to DCA. DD#1 and I rode it again. This time in the front, yes! I so love that ride! The feeling of flying, the smells, the music, and the scenery! DD#1 really loved it too!

We stopped for dinner at Taste Pilots.. it was alright definately our least favorite during the trip. And then walked down to get a spot for the Electrical Parade. I LOVED this parade. It was yet another FIRST for our family! It is so cute and the lights make everything beautiful. They had Dumbo as a character! And Cinderella’s entire cast of characters, even the step-sisters. The girls were wearing their light up necklaces which sadly got more attention than the actual EP... but they were free since I'd used the money I'd found on the Monorail! (No one was around or I would have asked who it belonged too and it was technically "re-donated" to Disney... :) ).

We walked back to the Mezzazine and watched the Fireworks as we made our way back to the hotel. It was a wonderful, long, exhausting 3 days. We miss Disneyland and can't wait to go back!

And finally I end this Trip Report with a few pictures of the wonderful food we ate while there:
DLFood1.jpg

DLFood2.jpg

DLFood3.jpg

loved all of your pictures!! I loved the picture of your girls in polka dots with Minnie in Polka dots!!! SO CUTIE PATOOTIE!!!:cutie:

LOVED the girls outfits! Did you make the matching white t-shirts with Minnie head outlines? I just love those. And the red polka dot dresses are so adorable! (Now my DS3 wants to wear one... :lmao: )

The photo of your baby kissing Boo is too sweet for words. :cutie:

I cannot believe you didn't like the Dole Whip. "Gross"??? Blasphemy! :eek: :rotfl:

Thanks for including the photos. I love looking at other people's photos, but STILL haven't got myself set up to post mine. Someday... :rolleyes:

We leave in a little over a week. Thanks for the teaser! :yay:

LOVED the girls outfits! Did you make the matching white t-shirts with Minnie head outlines? I just love those. And the red polka dot dresses are so adorable! (Now my DS3 wants to wear one... :lmao: )

The photo of your baby kissing Boo is too sweet for words. :cutie:

I cannot believe you didn't like the Dole Whip. "Gross"??? Blasphemy! :eek: :rotfl:

Thanks for including the photos. I love looking at other people's photos, but STILL haven't got myself set up to post mine. Someday... :rolleyes:

We leave in a little over a week. Thanks for the teaser! :yay:

I did make the white shirts using an Iron-on I bought on Ebay. They received lots of compliments on their outfits! I'm all about coordinating Disney dressing, lol!

Dole Whip = Gross. :laughing:

Thanks for looking all all the comments!

Great Trip Report. :thumbsup2

I'm starting to really like those Rats. The pic of your daughters & the rats was great.

Our DS 8 y/o still has his Woody Doll (from 5 years ago). I bet DD will have a special place for her Jessie.

So Muppets is "old school" huh??? (i like it....cause it's REAL corny.) :banana:

I have no idea why Pinocchio & Snow White are walk on's (well SW is kinda scary)....but i hope it stays that way. I love Pinocchio, Toady & Alice of the Dark Rides.

Thanks for sharing....looks like you have several trips ahead of you with the kids being that magical age.

hound - :hippie:

Where did you get the french fries pictured at the bottom on the left? I loved reading your report. I hope to do one when we get back from our trip in a couple weeks.

lol your trip report was great! And your girls are just too cute. My favorite picture is when they're eating the ice cream lol, the littlest one just looks too adorable for her own good. I'm glad you guys had a great time. What was so bad about Taste Pilots grill if you don't mind my asking? I was thinking of eating there my next trip but if it's no good I'll skippy.

lol your trip report was great! And your girls are just too cute. My favorite picture is when they're eating the ice cream lol, the littlest one just looks too adorable for her own good. I'm glad you guys had a great time. What was so bad about Taste Pilots grill if you don't mind my asking? I was thinking of eating there my next trip but if it's no good I'll skippy.

The food at Taste Pilots was just very bland and well... fast food! lol We had eaten all our other meals at nicer places and it just didn't compare. I think we'll eat the costs (literally, lol) next time and stick to the more upscale sit down spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter