Overwhelmed-which restaurants have best/most unique ambiance for kids?

Make sure to check the current menus on the official Disney website. BOG is now a pricey fixed menu. We had lunch there with the old menu and were totally unimpressed. It is a rather odd hodge/podge of QS&TS and we thought the food was very average. Places like Chef Mickey's with the roving characters are always fascinating for children.

The Garden Grill @ the Land in Epcot also has roving characters and isn't quite as loud/busy as some other places. We thought the family style food was very good. Haven't eaten at every Disney restaurant so I can only comment on the ones we have been at.

We had lunch at SciFi and will never go back. The place looks like it needs a redo and those cars mean that some in your party will be talking into the back of the heads of others in your group. We ate at one of the regular tables near the back and the food was nothing special. Small children won't recognize the TV/movie clips from the 60s and some might be frightened by some of the SciFi type clips.

Last edited:
I've come to believe that all of the cool dining experiences is a big reason we took so many Disney trips when my kids were little. The keys are realizing you're not going to experience all of them in one trip and finding a balance with how each one is fun so that you don't get burned out in one particular area of novelty dining or feeling like you're duplicating experiences.

Character/IP based meals- We started with the ones featuring their favorites. So, CRT was a must when my older one was going through her Cinderella phase. It was all preCovid, so we also had Winnie the Pooh options for my younger one. I also played with timing so that we were either doing these at the crack of dawn and not missing much (if any) park time or where I could get more bang for the buck (like the latest breakfast seating so that it was technically lunch). Character meals also drastically reduced the need for meet and greets during park time...so more time for rides. Things like BOG or the new Rodeo Roundup would likely fall into this category...although, the latter of those two may leave some kids wondering why Disney failed to add the Toy Story gang to this one.

Fireworks- Spots like California Grill, Rose & Crown, Spice Road Table and Narcoosee's became popular for us because the kids could see fireworks without us being stuck in a crowd of people. We still braved it in the park standard viewing areas, but fireworks view meals were always a nice way to get in at least a couple of viewings in a trip without always being in crowd mode.

Fun/Interactive Meals- Things like 'Ohana dinner and Raglan Road had activities for the kids to get up and have fun...like coconut races and dancing. If I'm remembering correctly, I think Biergarten had some stuff where kids came down to be part of the show as well. 'Ohana could also be on the fireworks list, but we haven't always had tables with a good vantage point, so I've never counted on it for more than a fun meal. 50s Primetime, Skipper Canteen and Whispering Canyon were more for the fun engagement between the table and the servers...although, I don't know how much they've scaled back on this kind of fun. While a dinner show, Hoop Dee Doo also fits into this category.

Scenery and Setting Meals- Sanaa and Coral Reef are the first ones that come to mind, because most kids love watching animals/aquatic life. Sci Fi and San Angel are more about the setting and may not be as much fun for younger kids. TRex and Rainforest round out this list, although I give the edge to TRex because it's better themed than Rainforest and WDW is now the only location. Beaches & Cream sort of fits in this category. There's no real attraction here, but it's a cute setting and most kids will clean their plates if it means being treated to some of the incredible sundaes they'll watch being served during their meal.

Foodies- Topolino's, Tiffins, and Toledo (as well as Narcoosee's and Cali Grill) are good spots if you have kids who like to try things beyond the kiddie menus. You still get more interesting settings with views, fireworks, and/or interesting art/artifacts, but the food is more elevated and is fun for kids who want more than the basics. While not an experience unique to WDW, Teppan Edo can be a fun experience for kids as well with the manner of food prep.

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but this was how I tried to break it down per trip to keep it fun without being redundant.

Last edited:
I think it depends on if you are wanting to stay in the park for all of your meals.

For MK- We love the castle, but not sure it is worth your money without the princess meet. The boys might get a kick out of the Skipper Canteen.

Epcot- we love Garden grill. Character interaction cant be beat. But you may find Space 220 more unique.

Animal Kingdom- Tusker House or Yak and Yeti

DHS- We like Prime time but my kids love Sci Fi

If out of the parks I would suggest Ohana at the Poly.

First time taking our kids to Disney (7 year old daughter/5 year old twin sons), and I’m completely overwhelmed at all the options! We’re doing one day in each park. Which would be your TOP table service restaurants that give the best/most unique/memorable Disney “vibe” for kids (characters aside, not the types of restaurants you’d be able to go to at home…not a standard Italian/pizzeria/steakhouse etc). Pretty sure this will be one and done for us, so hoping to make it extra special for them!! TIA!
There is no universal answer to this question. In the past, whenever someone created a poll of the worst and best restaurants on property the same places showed up on both lists. The most fun of all is just to discover for yourself some place fun.

One of the BEST options at WDW is simply to eat at the nearest appealing quick serve WHEN you are hungry. If you try to hyper-schedule your visit, you'll waste a good dela of time and make everyone miserable. Use the maps to have some idea of what QS is in each park, that's about it.

For maybe one TS per day, the best answer is probably to ask your family what appeals to them.

Mostly, I would not focus on 'best', but rather the most appealing in each location.
1. Dining at your hotel is usually easiest. Pick a hotel with dining that appeals to you. Truly though, most hotel QS are food courts that all serve nearly identical foods: pizza, burgers, pasta, classic American breakfast platters, sandwiches.
2. Dining near your hotel is also easy.
3. Eat in the park you plan to visit each day. If you don't see any appealing options, then consider using that day to eat at your hotel.

4. If the above fails, then consider Disney Springs. DS has some fun eateries, but you will lose a good deal of time or $ trying to get there. If you plan to visit DS one day, then eat there.

5. These days, most of WDW dining is overpriced for what you get. We used to do a TS every day, but now eat mostly quick serve. The QS options are better than they used to be while the more expensive places are not as good food as they once were. In Epcot, just stop into whichever QS location appeals to you. Maybe choose the World Showcase half of the park.

Hi! I know you’ve gotten lots of feedback already but wanted to offer a few extra tidbits that I hadn’t seen mentioned. I have two girls ages 11 and 6 and we’ve been going to WDW annually since my oldest turned 4. Based on our experience:

- dining at Magic Kingdom — be prepared that the food is not all that great, even at the signature restaurants. Definitely not anywhere near worth the prices. If you’re set on doing a sit down meal, I’d focus on what character interactions your kids would most enjoy. Cinderellas Royal Table is the best food wise and amazing with the princesses. Lots of people like Skipper Canteen but honestly we didn’t find the food to be very good and I think the theming and quirky jokes are better suited to older kiddos. It’s hit or miss too depending on what server you get. Crystal Palace is another decent option if you want a buffet and if your kids would be into the Winnie the Pooh characters. For QS, Cosmic Rays is always entertaining, and if you can snag a table by the window at Pinocchio Village Haus, the kids can watch and wave at the boats on Small World down below. Again just be prepared for super mediocre food at MK in general.

- Epcot - I saw a lot of people recommended Space220 — the theming is cool but just be prepared that the food is a little meh and priced way too high IMO. It’s a pre-fixe menu in the dining room but if you score a reservation for the Space220 Lounge, you can order al la carte. IMO that’s the better choice value wise as you can still enjoy the atmosphere as you’re in the same room. Another one my kids have enjoyed is Garden Grill. The food is served family style and is for the most part decent. My kids think it’s super cool that the restaurant turns and some of the main Disney characters are there to interact (I think we got Chip and Dale and Mickey and Pluto the last time). Biergarten is another fun option but it can get a little loud in there which may or may not be a fit for your kiddos. And Coral Reef is cool if you’re able to get seated at one of the tables with the best view of the tank. The tables on the upper tier don’t have as great of a view and the food is somewhat meh so if you get seated there it’s a bummer. For QS, we actually enjoy the taco place in Mexico — the food is delish and the seating overlooks the water outside. Another good one to stop at is the bakery in France — everything is delish! The food in the France and Mexico pavilions are the best, IMO.

- animal kingdom - honestly we only ever spend a half day here and then hop to another park, so we’ve never eaten dinner at AK. We typically get the QS for lunch here at the Flame Tree — super decent food and you can take it and find a table down by the water. There are boats that drive thru with music and characters on them sporadically and my kids get a kick out of that.

- Hollywood - I agree with others and say that sci-fi is the best table service experience if you’re doing a sit down. Just totally unique and my kids think it’s cool to eat in an old looking car. For QS, the theming in Star Wars is cool if you’re kiddos are into that — or there are a few places near Tower of Terror that have decent food, outdoor tables and you can watch the ride if you get a good spot.

- lastly we also enjoy eating dessert on the Boardwalk when we can. There are neat little outdoor performers and some basic carnival type games, an ice cream shoppe. And a decent view of the Epcot fireworks if you’ve already seen the show another day within the park.

Good luck and have fun planning! No matter what you pick, your kids will have amazing memories!!

Another take on your question is that Disney World is generally designed to meet the needs of as many people as possible. So there is usually a steak, a vegetarian dish, often a pasta, often a meal-salad on most menus.

Most WDW eateries offer some sort of theming. Some might describe Tony's Town Square as classic Italian food, but it is themed to be the Italian eatery from Lady and the Tramp, so the decor is really cute.

The least expensive TS in Magic Kingdom, The Plaza, still has a very pretty appearance. Some places are more themed that others, but most offer some theming, and there is a trade-off between theming/price/atmosphere/food quality. You usually get one or the other, but not all of the above.

Some have mentioned Cinderella's Royal Table. I suppose it is something to consider, but the price is pretty crazy. On top of that, you have to pre-pay for it. On top of that, the menu is pretty limited. In MK, we personally much prefer Crystal Palace. IMO, Be Our Guest is also highly overpriced. We liked it okay back when the price point was much lower, but the current asking price put it in the no way category.

IMO, one of the best character meals of all is 1900 Park Fare. The food is decent (or was pre-pandemic, it is one of the last places to reopen). It is very popular, but all-around great: food is very good, the atmosphere is great, and the characters are lots of fun. On top of that, after dinner there's often live music in the lobby of the hotel. Still, the Grand Floridian doesn't appeal to everyone, and it takes time to get there from Magic Kingdom. It takes a very long time to get there from Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If you are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, there are two excellent places to eat at AKL. Bome and Sanaa both offer very good food, a unique setting and live animals like giraffes. at Sanaa, you can sometimes see them form your table. At Boma, you can see them either before or after your meal. Again though, only if the menu appeal to your family, and only if seeing animals and African art appeals to your family.

Also know table service meals at WDW take a good deal of time. Even the buffets easily take 90 minutes. That is arrival to being done. Expect to wait to be seated. In some cases, if you are traveling via WDW transportation, travel takes a full hour each way. Hoop Dee Doo is cute, but it will pretty much = a full evening.

A trip to WDW = choices of how you will spend your time. The fun of WDW is that you will not be able to do everything in one visit. You can only do as much as your energy level allows. On top of that, it is complicated and very big. Just getting from place to place takes a good deal of time. In 2023, park touring is complicated even for folks who have been going to WDW for decades.

My master advice after 50 years of visiting WDW is mainly to enjoy each moment as it comes. Sure, try to do the big rides. Try to do a few themed meals, but you may well find the MOST fun moment of the vacation is the time you spent doing something very simple. One of my favorite spots in all of Orlando is a simple water fountain at the Orlando Airport. I dunno, it has light that change colors, and it makes for a pretty photo. Most people walk right past it. We get funny looks because we always stop to take a bunch of photos. For us, it is a highlight.

We also get excited seeing the beautiful flowers all over WDW and just noticing little details in the decor all over WDW. If a WDW visit is too heavily booked though, you end up rushing from scheduled thing to scheduled thing and the whole thing becomes a kind of stressful forced march. With a prepaid meal like the Castle, you will feel like you HAVE to go. Otherwise, you will be out $400. That is quite a bit of money. But a day in the parks = walking all day, and nonstop sensory overload. Until you are at WDW it is hard to appreciate what it is to be surrounded by nonstop smells, bright colors, nonstop music, the feel of thrill rides, sun/rain, etc. Some people find it exhilarating, others find it exhausting. Some days you might feel great, others you might be exhausted.

If this is your first trip, my suggestion is to keep your plans as simple and easy as possible. Limit pre-booked meals to 1 per day or less. When your family gets tired, try to rest.

Last edited:
  • Disney Springs - TREX resort and Rainforest Cafe great scenery with animals that come to life as you eat your meal

• Epcot Park - Garden Grill: has Mickey and Friends dressed as farmers come to your table and greet you. Has the rotating scenery sit down ( I would reserve in advance for this one) or at the Norway building you can go toAkershus Royal Banquet Hall where Princesses greet you

• Hollywood Studios Park - Dine in at the Sci-Fi Diner where you dine in a car like a drive in movie theater experience

• Magic Kingdom Park - The Crystal Palace where Winnie the Pooh & friends greet you

• Animal Kingdom Park - Has Rainforest Cafe as well right a the entrance of the park or another option is Tusker House a buffet with hosts Donald Duck and his Disney friends.

Those are all some of my family's favorites :)

Another take on your question is that Disney World is generally designed to meet the needs of as many people as possible. So there is usually a steak, a vegetarian dish, often a pasta, often a meal-salad on most menus.

Most WDW eateries offer some sort of theming. Some might describe Tony's Town Square as classic Italian food, but it is themed to be the Italian eatery from Lady and the Tramp, so the decor is really cute.

The least expensive TS in Magic Kingdom, The Plaza, still has a very pretty appearance. Some places are more themed that others, but most offer some theming, and there is a trade-off between theming/price/atmosphere/food quality. You usually get one or the other, but not all of the above.

Some have mentioned Cinderella's Royal Table. I suppose it is something to consider, but the price is pretty crazy. On top of that, you have to pre-pay for it. On top of that, the menu is pretty limited. In MK, we personally much prefer Crystal Palace. IMO, Be Our Guest is also highly overpriced. We liked it okay back when the price point was much lower, but the current asking price put it in the no way category.

IMO, one of the best character meals of all is 1900 Park Fare. The food is decent (or was pre-pandemic, it is one of the last places to reopen). It is very popular, but all-around great: food is very good, the atmosphere is great, and the characters are lots of fun. On top of that, after dinner there's often live music in the lobby of the hotel. Still, the Grand Floridian doesn't appeal to everyone, and it takes time to get there from Magic Kingdom. It takes a very long time to get there from Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If you are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, there are two excellent places to eat at AKL. Bome and Sanaa both offer very good food, a unique setting and live animals like giraffes. at Sanaa, you can sometimes see them form your table. At Boma, you can see them either before or after your meal. Again though, only if the menu appeal to your family, and only if seeing animals and African art appeals to your family.

Also know table service meals at WDW take a good deal of time. Even the buffets easily take 90 minutes. That is arrival to being done. Expect to wait to be seated. In some cases, if you are traveling via WDW transportation, travel takes a full hour each way. Hoop Dee Doo is cute, but it will pretty much = a full evening.

A trip to WDW = choices of how you will spend your time. The fun of WDW is that you will not be able to do everything in one visit. You can only do as much as your energy level allows. On top of that, it is complicated and very big. Just getting from place to place takes a good deal of time. In 2023, park touring is complicated even for folks who have been going to WDW for decades.

My master advice after 50 years of visiting WDW is mainly to enjoy each moment as it comes. Sure, try to do the big rides. Try to do a few themed meals, but you may well find the MOST fun moment of the vacation is the time you spent doing something very simple. One of my favorite spots in all of Orlando is a simple water fountain at the Orlando Airport. I dunno, it has light that change colors, and it makes for a pretty photo. Most people walk right past it. We get funny looks because we always stop to take a bunch of photos. For us, it is a highlight.

We also get excited seeing the beautiful flowers all over WDW and just noticing little details in the decor all over WDW. If a WDW visit is too heavily booked though, you end up rushing from scheduled thing to scheduled thing and the whole thing becomes a kind of stressful forced march. With a prepaid meal like the Castle, you will feel like you HAVE to go. Otherwise, you will be out $400. That is quite a bit of money. But a day in the parks = walking all day, and nonstop sensory overload. Until you are at WDW it is hard to appreciate what it is to be surrounded by nonstop smells, bright colors, nonstop music, the feel of thrill rides, sun/rain, etc. Some people find it exhilarating, others find it exhausting. Some days you might feel great, others you might be exhausted.

If this is your first trip, my suggestion is to keep your plans as simple and easy as possible. Limit pre-booked meals to 1 per day or less. When your family gets tired, try to rest.
I agree with you on all your points! One table service a day allows for spontaneity and flexibility — often times we pivot and change plans on the fly.

I also would agree that CRT is super expensive — if budget is tight I’d say skip. But if budget allows and the OP said they only plan to do this trip once, I think it’s one to consider as it’s an iconic thing. (FWIW we’ve only done it one time and that was enough just based on budget 😉)

For character meals, I would go with Garden Grill in EPCOT and Tusker House (Breakfast) in Animal Kingdom. CRT is great to do once - but very pricey, even for a character meal.

I do no recommend Rainforest Cafe. Easily the worst service we have ever gotten anywhere.

Young kids first and foremost want food choices they like right?
I had really picky eaters so it didn't matter where I may have chosen, they were going to eat almost nothing!
Next, if they are hot, tired and grumpy it won't matter whether Lady and the Tramp is their favorite movie and it's the only reason you chose Tony's in MK.
Take the time to read thru all the menus for each park and the resort you're staying at too ( assuming on property) Make notes for at least 2, preferable 3 places that will be a best fit.
As another poster mentioned, you will spend alot of "time" if you plan on a sit-down table service meal every park day. I might limit it to 2 of those and then do counter service.
I was one of those parents that had to pack snacks in our suitcase before we flew. Now many people do online grocery delivery.
You'll figure it out!

Your kids are the same age as mine when they had their first trip. Pretty exciting stuff! When you are going and where you are staying can make a difference in what might be best. For example, if visiting during hotter months, you may want to consider lunch time for a table service meal so you can get a break from the heat and recharge a little bit. Depending on resort, it might make a difference logistically on where you want to eat.

Our first trip, we did Sci-Fi at HS. We've done it every trip since. And my kids are not kids anymore. The theming is unique and the food is OK but picky eaters can find something they'll like. I know this because my daughter is the pickiest eater on the planet and she always picks this place.
We also did Biergarten in EPCOT. There is a band and a dance floor. One of my fondest memories is my family out on the dance floor doing the chicken dance. The one time I thought about not booking Biergarten, my kids threw a fit. We always do Biergarten. My daughter eats here, though it's mostly desert.

I would say Tusker House at AK. For MK either Cinderella's Royal Table or the Crystal Palace. You can only eat in Cinderella's castle at Disney, so if you're looking for something unique I'd say this is it. There is a price difference. Crystal Palace is fun if you have Pooh fans and the food is decent.
I wouldn't recommend Rain Forest or T-Rex, based on what you are asking for, as these places exist outside of Disney. I thought there was a Rain Forest in Chicago? I could be wrong.

Part of the fun, for us anyway, was sitting down with the kids to look at things and them helping to decide where we would go. We are a sit down meal family and do at least one per day, even on that first trip when we didn't know if we'd be back. For us it's part of the overall experience. Actually it's an important part of it. Also, my kids really enjoyed time at the pool on that first trip. That's where they had some of the most fun. Like someone else said, sometimes the best memories come from unexpected sources. We made a lot of memories on that first trip, and the trips since then, but two of the best ones are doing the chicken dance and throwing my kids around the pool after a long day.
Whatever you decide to do, your family will remember this trip for the rest of their lives. It won't be "perfect" and it doesn't have to be. I guess that's the point. Have a great trip.

There are a lot of great suggestions here; take a look at the ones that seem most interesting, then do a deeper dive. You know your children better than anyone. Sci-Fi, for instance, is dark and shows laughable old sci-fi movie clips, which could be frightening to some children. The antics at 50’s Prime Time might be too much for shy kids. Rainforest Cafe might be too loud and overwhelming. Characters are scary to some children.

I mention this because it happened to our family. We had a kid who loved the characters, but would freak out at anything dark or loud. And to this day, even 20+ years later, she still will not go to 50’s Prime Time!

My kids were exact same ages (DD7, DS5) on our first trip in 2018.

For what it’s worth, they are now 12 and 10 and we’re planning a return trip and have been discussing with them what they remember from that first trip. Here’s what stood out as memorable to them and asked to do again:

- HS: Sci-Fi diner. 100% agree with previous posters who commented the food is meh and the movies kinda weird; but my children at 5&7 came away with an overall impression and memory of ‘the dark restaurant with the really cool cars’.

- whispering canon: I honestly don’t remember the food but the kids remember the silly antics with the ketchup.

- o’hana dinner: big caveat that I believe the ‘memorable’ parts of this dinner are no longer in place in 2023. The kids loved the atmosphere, but remember the best part being games/parade and the servers bringing around skewers of meat served directly at the table which was unique.

Chef Mickey’s character breakfast - food was meh but these are some of my absolute favourite photos of my kids with the characters… but oddly my kids didn’t seem to remember it all that much!!

Princess Dinner at CRT: I don’t believe the princesses are back? I thought (as an adult) that eating in the castle was the coolest thing ever, and at age 7, in her princess dress after a visit to BBB, my daughter was in heaven. Obviously at age 12 she’s clearly told me ‘mom don’t book any princess stuff this time, I’m too old for that’ so glad we did it in 2018!

- they also remember as being really special anywhere we “gave up” on trying to get them to eat a normalish healthy balanced meal. Meaning they remember some random QS as being “amazing” because we let them eat a milkshake for dinner or some random giant cupcake - anything that was out of the norm for our usual eating habits at home. My takeaway from that is that sometimes it really is the little things that make a trip memorable!

First time taking our kids to Disney (7 year old daughter/5 year old twin sons), and I’m completely overwhelmed at all the options! We’re doing one day in each park. Which would be your TOP table service restaurants that give the best/most unique/memorable Disney “vibe” for kids (characters aside, not the types of restaurants you’d be able to go to at home…not a standard Italian/pizzeria/steakhouse etc). Pretty sure this will be one and done for us, so hoping to make it extra special for them!! TIA!
The first thing that pops into my mind , immediately is 50's Prime time....We've probably eaten here at least a dozen times, and honestly all but 1 were amazing experiences. And that lonely 1 was still ok...not horrible.... I get it, why people say Sci Fi, which I agree is very good as well, but I love the antics and the servers that are at 50's. So naturally this is for HS.
For AK, this is not my fav. restaurant, but for theming and stuff I'd say Rain Forest Cafe just o/side the main gate... There are other TS that I love more but I'm sure this would fit the bill.
For EP, I guess Coral Reef would keep them engaged....Food was ok, (been a while since we've eaten here) Or if they haven't done any kind of Hibachi b4 then perhaps Teppan Edo at the Japan Pav.?
MK, Skippers Canteen to me has very cool theming, same corniness to the jokes from the CM's, and very good food as well. But Just outside the park there are a ton of other options at the 4 nearby resorts.... Hope this helps :confused3

It's a really hard to get reservation, but I would add the Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White as a great dining option. You get to meet Snow White, Dopey, Grumpy, and the Wicked Queen. (Spoiler alert: The Queen is the MOST FUN! She is totally in character and is SO annoyed with Snow White, and basically everyone else. She is totally fun to watch. She's not scary, though, as we watched her win over a two year old ahead of us in line.)

This dining experience is at the Wilderness Lodge. You can take the boat from MK over to Wilderness Lodge (or busses from any other park, but the boat is a fun "ride" itself.) The WL is a beautiful resort that is fun to explore while you're waiting to be seated. They have a do-it-yourself-scavenger hunt you can ask for at the front desk.

We were surprised at how yummy the food was, and the whole restaurant lights up when Snow White is about to appear. So fun!

OP, have a magical trip...your kiddos are the perfect ages for a first time trip!!

Sci Fi at HS, CRT at MK (I really dislike BOG so can’t recommend that), and Tusker House at AK. At EP you have Garden Grill and Space 220 and whatever else you think your children may like. Outside of the parks you kids are at a great age for Whispering Canyon Cafe, Hoopdeedoo Revue, Ohana, and anything at AK just so they can walk around out back and look at the animals.

If you aren’t staying at CR, I definitely recommend Chef Mickeys for the experience. The monorail going through the hotel and that giant atrium have a wow factor. Food is typical Disney buffet, but it’s an impressive atmosphere. I personally have had two meh experiences at Cinderellas Royal Table, so I don’t recommend it, but lots do like the castle experience. I don’t think BOG is worth it now that they went price fixe. A trip over to Boma is pretty wow, too. Especially if you take the time to also visit the savannah there. Sci fi is unique. If they have never done a rotating restaurant, Garden Grill.

There are a bunch at Epcot……. Thee really are a lot of choices!

If I was doing a one and done trip and wanted something unique or with characters, I would do:

MK-Be our Guest or Cinderella’s Royal Table
EP- Space 220 or Garden Grill
AK- Tusker House
HS- Sci-fi or 50s Prime

Have fun planning!

Make sure to check the current menus on the official Disney website. BOG is now a pricey fixed menu. We had lunch there with the old menu and were totally unimpressed. It is a rather odd hodge/podge of QS&TS and we thought the food was very average. Places like Chef Mickey's with the roving characters are always fascinating for children.

The Garden Grill @ the Land in Epcot also has roving characters and isn't quite as loud/busy as some other places. We thought the family style food was very good. Haven't eaten at every Disney restaurant so I can only comment on the ones we have been at.

We had lunch at SciFi and will never go back. The place looks like it needs a redo and those cars mean that some in your party will be talking into the back of the heads of others in your group. We ate at one of the regular tables near the back and the food was nothing special. Small children won't recognize the TV/movie clips from the 60s and some might be frightened by some of the SciFi type clips.
Ok so we want to do Sci-Fi but this is exactly what I’m nervous about..that the movie clips might freak out my kids! They’re 5 & 7. Anyone have experience going with kids these ages? How did it go over??

Ok so we want to do Sci-Fi but this is exactly what I’m nervous about..that the movie clips might freak out my kids! They’re 5 & 7. Anyone have experience going with kids these ages? How did it go over??
We always do Sci Fi so my kids have been every age from newborn to 9 at Sci Fi and none have ever been afraid (and one of them is terrified of characters). We like Sci Fi because something about the dark calms my kids down so we can all have a nice, relaxed meal. In 9 years none of my kids has ever misbehaved in Sci Fi - I cannot say that about any other restaurant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter