Overwhelmed with finding a vacation home

Greenfield1984

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,

So we're currently booked to stay at CSR with FD in October. However, my FIL has received some bad health news, and I am now looking at how we could possibly move our trip up, even as soon as next week if that's necessary.

We'd probably have to stay offsite because the trip onsite would be much more expensive if we had to move our dates up to July instead of October.

We've always stayed onsite so I have no experience with the MANY different vacation home sites. I have about a million things on my mind now and don't really have the brain power leftover to search the boards or the net for all the info, so I thought I could just ask here to see where everyone else books through. What are your recommendations? Allstar vacation homes? VRBO? somewhere else....

We will only be visiting Disney if that helps narrow it down at all.

thanks for any help you can provide!

we rented from vrbo, Listing #20768 last august. We had a very good experience and the reviews were spot on. We were a very close drive to Disney. I would rent from this owner again in a heartbeat.

A lot of homes on VRBO will offer last minute deals, so I would absolutely check that out. Vacation Central Florida also has last minute deals, so you might want to sign up for their newsletter.

Hope you have the opportunity to enjoy your vacation!

Good luck~

We rented VRBO #68184 in April and it was great. I am just now looking at lodging for our November trip & it looks like we may be renting this property again. We used to be loyal to staying on Disney property but have found staying off site is better & cheaper. You get 3 bedroom, 2 bath, kitchen, laundry & pool for less than the cost of a value. We have AP's so parking is free otherwise you are looking at $14 per day (I think). It was no more than 15 minutes to or from any of the 4 major parks from this property which is located to the west of World Drive. Lots of restaurants & groceries (Super Target, Publix & Winn Dixie) within 2 miles.

Thank you all for the recommendations. Hopefully we'll be able to keep our October dates, but if not you've given me some great places to start looking :)

We have used VRBO. You can figure out an area you like/amenities/availability and go from there. Many owners don't keep their calendars up to date, and it's no big deal to inquire of several to get what you need. (The message field will hold your last message to make it a little easier, presuming you have a similar message from one to another.) I always look for one with lots of positive reviews, and "real" reviews, not ones the owner typed in from their guest book. I like this map because it helps you understand the neighbourhoods relative to one another, and to the attractions. http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-map.php Hope that helps.

I want you to consider some additional facts about rescheduling your trip.

If you FIL has health related issues , would June or early July (where the weather is particularly brutally hot), hurt his health more and make it harder for him to participate and have a good time?

Elderly parents or ones that are infermed may be embarrassed or sad about their health infringing on their capabilities or lack therof. No matter how stubborn they are please consider renting ECV's at the parks or renting a mobility scooter or wheelchair offsite to use in parks. Once they see that riding in something like that saves their energy and strength for all the good stuff, they should get past the embarrassed stuff.

I wish you lots of luck and I understand about searching for rental pool homes . We just finished researching and booking a huge home for Oct. 19- November 16, 2013. It was 20 days of emails, phone calls and pulling my hair out.

Happy Disneying to you and your family. I hope your FIL, gets the strength to kick whatever is going on with him.

Tina :):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter