Own resale, add on direct, how many points do I have to buy

emlu218

Earning My Ears
We own a 100 AKV contract that we purchased resale. My question is, to be a direct member would we need to buy an additional 125 point contract, or 25 points direct from Disney? We are thinking about buying another resale contract, but weighing the option of direct.

You would be allowed to purchase as few as 25 points in the same UY as your resale. Those 25 points could be used at Riviera as well as all the other DVC resorts. However as mentioned you would have to accumulate 125 points to get the blue card perks.

When did you buy resale? Because if it was before 2016 you are grandfathered in to a blue card. If you bought before RIV went on sale in 2019 you are already grandfathered in to use points there too.

We own a 100 AKV contract that we purchased resale. My question is, to be a direct member would we need to buy an additional 125 point contract, or 25 points direct from Disney? We are thinking about buying another resale contract, but weighing the option of direct.
Resale points do not count towards blue card. It will have to be all direct.

Depends on when you bought your resale. Some resale does qualify as blue card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter