Owners Locker or ship foot locker?

davper

DIS Veteran
I am looking at 34 days in Florida on 3 trips over the next year.

I was contemplating an Owner's Locker at ~$150 for the year or shipping a footlocker each time for ~$100 round trip.

The footlocker is twice the size and would be 70lbs. I don't think the Owner's locker would be big enough. I would like to have a large crock-pot, Vornado table fan, pool/beach floats, quality blender, water filter pitcher, and tons of little things.

I would save by not having to buy duplicates.

I think I have made my mind up but would just like to here from the experts...Which way would you go?

We have 2 Owner's Lockers. I can tell you that they have saved us a lot in luggage fees and hold more than you think. I do think you are right, the items you listed may not fit in one locker, however, I have learned to pack smaller versions of what I need. I sleep with a fan at home, so I know how it is to want one. I found a smaller vornado personal fan .9 x 7.4 x 8.7 inches ; 2.1 pounds, A 2.5 quart crock pot would fit also. I fill each item with other items so save space. I would also purchase a collapsible water jug, and use a Brita Slim water filter, 5 cup. Beach floats would have to be the blow up kind, I have seen several that look like noodles only blow up. There is also a Hamilton Beach 51103 single serve blender with a travel lid. Or I'd be tempted to try a hand blender.

Also, what I did was make a cardboard box the same size as the Owner's locker, then filled it with my items to see what would fit.

It took me a few years to decide if I wanted an Owner's locker. But when I finally decided to get on I was amazed at how much it fit. Also I LOVE being able to just show up. There is minimal packing at home. I have all the items that I need for a vacation in the Owner's Locker. I never worry about what I have forgotten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter