Owning an island???

On that thread I said I would live on a private island. But honestly, I don't think I could do it long term. I like the IDEA of it much more than I think I would like the reality of it.

I would love to live on my own island, if I had power, modern plumbing & satellite TV. I'd also need a yacht to access the mainland anytime I chose to. We buy our groceries or do takeout on a daily basis, but I could plan better to have our own island.

I would love to live on my own island, if I had power, modern plumbing & satellite TV. I'd also need a yacht to access the mainland anytime I chose to. We buy our groceries or do takeout on a daily basis, but I could plan better to have our own island.

I wonder if Instacart and Door Dash deliver.

On that thread I said I would live on a private island. But honestly, I don't think I could do it long term. I like the IDEA of it much more than I think I would like the reality of it.
I agree. I love the idea of living on an island, but I think the reality would be nowhere near my idea of what it is like. lol

Satellite t.v. would really be important during hurricane season, so you could plan to evacuate if necessary.

We live on a lake with an island and the island has been for sale for 4 years now. We've seen the price drop by over $250k. Nothing that I'd want to own. I agree with previous posters, too much of a PIA to get everything across. This island does come with a small piece on the mainland with a garage and dock so you can park cars, store stuff, etc., but still no thanks.

I could definitely think of *worse* ways to spend $10 million (if I had the money).

I think I would enjoy a private island, but not as my ONLY residence. I think I could enjoy spending summers there, and could imagine only venturing off-island once a week or so for supplies, etc. However, most of the islands I've seen on those shows are small and pretty flat. I would not want to be on one during a bad storm. And it would also depend on the "amenities" of the island. My sister owns a lake house (not on an island). There are a couple of privately-owned islands on the lake, but the houses on them aren't hooked up to electricity, plumbing, water, etc. I'd much rather have a non-island house with all the comforts of home, rather than a primitive cabin on an island.

Following the thread if money was no object - Last night I was watching Island Hunters on HGTV. The episodes were about finding an island in the Florida Keys and Belize. Got me thinking could I live on a private island where you needed a boat to get to the main island. Could I do it? I don't think so - I would miss people and the thought of having to bring EVERYTHING over to the island.....not for me

What about you?

No way, no how - would not be for us at all for too many reasons to list.

I live on an island, but so do another 14000 people. I do miss all the fast food and stores I had when I lived in Louisiana. Now they are on the mainland and at least 15 to 20 miles away.

People with a whole lotta money like to spend it on houses and cars they will never use, and spend a lot of time complaining they pay too much in taxes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter