Package pickup to resort

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Hello. Maybe not a biggie for some but does anyone know if it when purchases can start being sent back to the resort again? Seems silly but. I hate carrying things in the park. Tia

Curious about this too! I have kids who are looking forward to making the droid at HS, but I refuse to carry those.

A re-start date has not been announced at this time. Some are choosing to have items shipped home and I've heard it's reasonable but have not done this myself.

I just asked yesterday in Galaxy’s Edge market and the cast member said they aren’t doing it to hotels…not even to the front of the park. I had to carry a backpack full of loth cats all day.

It doesn't really matter, and it won't RUIN our trip, but what was the reason for not doing resort delivery anymore? Was that a health precaution due to covid, or was it a staffing issue?

I'm fairly certain this change came about once re-opened, so likely due to the pandemic for whatever reason.

Curious about this too! I have kids who are looking forward to making the droid at HS, but I refuse to carry those.
Sorry, no package delivery to the room yet. They are also not doing package pick up at the front of the parks at this time.

There is no package delivery to the room yet. They are also not doing package delivery to front of the park for pick up.

Since WDW reopened, I've noticed that the amount of purchases I've made has gone down significantly in the absence of resort package delivery. If it's expensive, heavy, large, or delicate, I don't want to carry it around all day. And it's not always possible to return at the end of the day to a store where you saw something you wanted to buy. As a Disney Collector, that's a lot of revenue unspent over 3 trips of ten days each since the parks reopened.

There is no package delivery to the room yet. They are also not doing package delivery to front of the park for pick up.
Thank you for posting this. I knew they weren't doing resort delivery, but I didn't realize you also can't pick up at the front of the park. I hope that changes soon.

Just another perk not available anymore for staying onsite. I really hope it comes back soon. Other than convenience and just being right in the middle of the magic, there really are not any good perks of staying onsite anymore. All they do is continue to insanely increase pricing. They do not even have full housekeeping back yet. If things don't get better we might either stay offsite next trip to save some money, or go somewhere else on vacation all together. That is just how I feel about it. We were just there in April, and while we did have a wonderful time, I do not feel like spending all the money again, until things are going to be worth it again regarding staying onsite.

You may already know this but maybe it will be helpful for others if you do, for an additional cost (of course) you can purchase a backpack for the droids. A couple of our family members did this last week and they loved it. It was great to see the droids interact around the park but not have to carry them.

I was buying my niece's birthday present. So, I just had them mail it to my sister's house. Saved me the time of having to go to the post office and buying the supplies. And I swear it got there quicker than any time I've sent something. LOL!!

You may already know this but maybe it will be helpful for others if you do, for an additional cost (of course) you can purchase a backpack for the droids. A couple of our family members did this last week and they loved it. It was great to see the droids interact around the park but not have to carry them.
Thank you for this! We are going in September and I was dreading carrying two droids around! Now I know they can carry their own :earboy2:

Since WDW reopened, I've noticed that the amount of purchases I've made has gone down significantly in the absence of resort package delivery. If it's expensive, heavy, large, or delicate, I don't want to carry it around all day. And it's not always possible to return at the end of the day to a store where you saw something you wanted to buy. As a Disney Collector, that's a lot of revenue unspent over 3 trips of ten days each since the parks reopened.

This is us.. last two trips (oct & May) I just didn't want to buy anything.... we go very light to the parks... I tend to buy things here & there as a I go along...especially in epcot and animal kingdom where I find the merchandise may not be elsewhere... ... even hubby remarked about the lighter suitcases then normal...lol
They said they stopped doing this because of covid and handling items...now they just need to bring it back.. :)

Our Keys to the Kingdom tour guide told us that ticket sales and parking fees only covers Disney's payroll costs, everything else is funded by merchandise sales (hence, the reason most rides "dump" into a gift shop). He also told us that the Main Street Electrical Parade came about because guests were exiting the Magic Kingdom to see the Electrical Water Pageant without shopping on Main Street. I can't vouch for the veracity of this info (it didn't come from a bus driver, after all), but if true, it does show how essential merchandise sales are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter