Packing Food ºoº

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, we are a famiyl of 4, me, dh, dd 7yo, ds 1yo. dh will pack for himself, but I must pack for the kids and myself. I am trying to pack as little as possible (we are flying). I bought some food that is essential for our trip. Baby food, granola bars, fruit bars, pop tarts, baby cookies, peanut butter. How do I pack the food so it doesn't take much room? THANKS!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

I had the same dilemma for our May trip. I decided it would be easier to mail the stuff to the resort. I'm taking the snacks out of the box, and packing them in Rubbermaid. I thought they would be safer from any bug-like visitors. Also sending pull-ups, and disposable swim diapers as padding, so that things don't get squashed. I just figured this would be so much easier, than trying to carry one more suitcase or bag.
Have a nice trip :)

I took an extra suitcase with snacks etc. Another option is to pack a cooler and check it either in the box or well taped. This will give you room on the way home of all the goodies you buy at WDW. I found that the # of bags was so much with 4 that one more didnt' matter. Use the smart-carts at the airport and let bell services deliver it to your room.

<font face="BrushArt" color=#6600CC size=4>Janette</font>
daisy.gif

<font face="BrushArt" color=#6600CC>WDW ~*~ Offsite ? - 1976, Vistana - Jun 1988
Vistana/Contemporary - Jun 2000, OKW - Feb 2001
BWV - DIS Convention Nov 2001</font>
<font face="BrushArt" color=#6600CC>Disneyland ~*~ Apr 1998</font>

We always duct tape a collapsable cooler and then use the extra space on the return trip for souvenirs. You would be amazed at the stuff you can pack into a cooler for the return trip!

We have a rule on packing for air travel - with the exception of personal items and stuff to consume during the trip, never pack consumables that can be purchased when we get there. Even if you don't rent a car, the Disney bus's run to Crossroads which has a Goodings. If you have a car then Publix is just across I-4 on 192.

Matt

MY GF went to WDW in Feb and she packed food for FIVE kids. Mainly she brought breakfast food and snacks but this is how she did it. (She is very frugal, but with five kids (12,9,8,6,3) and it being her and grandma I think she did right.)

Put everything into ziploc bags. Gallon and two gallon size work good.

Pack food into rubbermaid craft tote to avoid things getting crushed.

Pack tote into a gym bag/ duffle bag.

Pack small cheap toaster from Walmart. ($5)

She brought along powdered milk, koolaid, TANG, trail mix, breakfast bars, PBJ and a loaf of bread, cheese and crakcers, water bottle for each kid which they refilled.

may not be for everyone, but it worked for her. I am going to do a condensed version of this. (probably leave out the toaster and the powdered milk YUCK!)
:D :D

I always pack "muchies" like granola bars, bagged nuts, etc. I take them out of the box and then slide them inside shoes. Your husband could put several bars in some of his shoes. Also, the individually wrapped foods work great rolled inside t-shirts, pjs, etc. They always arrive in great condition.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Your husband could put several bars in some of his shoes.[/quote]

I don't know why ... but this really cracks me up!

I also buy everything I need there, but packing things in their own duffle makes sense. Plus, you have a bag to bring things back in. I like the idea of the toaster too. I love english muffins in the morning. We usually stay at OKW, so there are always toasters available.

I like to bring/buy a package of the Glad containers when not staying at OKW. They keep things dry in the cooler and also double as bowls for cereal.

-- Robin

I don't know when you're leaving, but have you considered Netgrocer? Their shipping charges are by $ amount, not weight, so you could ship water & heavy stuff directly to your hotel. I use them at home sometimes for things like cat litter.

I packed baby food, cereal, formula, diapers, wipes etc.... in it's own duffle bag, which worked out good, it also gave me extra room to bring home souveniers after using the stuff up.

villains02.gif

This November will be our third trip to WDW from California. We have learned alot! We always pack an empty carry-on type back with dry soup mix, granola bars, snacks, cup a noodles and other items for the room. This trip we will be also packing our 10 year old toaster (still works great) and rather than buying a toaster to bring along we will leave this one at the AKL. Anyone who will be at the AKL on November 20th will be welcome to keep our 10 year old toaster!. For the trip home, our carry-on bag full of food will then be our carry-on bag full of souveniers!
We have found out that most people (including us) tend to

This November will be our third trip to WDW from California. We have learned alot! We always pack an empty carry-on type back with dry soup mix, granola bars, snacks, cup a noodles and other items for the room. This trip we will be also packing our 10 year old toaster (still works great) and rather than buying a toaster to bring along we will leave this one at the AKL. Anyone who will be at the AKL on November 20th will be welcome to keep our 10 year old toaster!. For the trip home, our carry-on bag full of food will then be our carry-on bag full of souveniers!
We have found out that most people (including us) tend to overpack clothes. Only about three days worth of clothes are necessary (DH does the laundry when we are on vacation).

Disneefamily
Nov. '97 Dixie Landings
Nov. '99 ASM, Dixie Landings, CBR
Nov. '01 ASM, AKL

On our trip I packed way too much food. My husband met us there and was shocked to say the least on how much food I brought. Dont over do it on the food, its just one more thing that you have to take home with you. Also I put it in a rubbermaid container so it wouldnt crush and it worked out perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter