Packing food at Universal

mworrell

Earning My Ears
I was looking for some information.

My family will be going to Universal for the first time in April, after a number of trips to Disney over the years. We are used to packing sandwiches and bringing them into the park as a way to save money. Universal's outside food policy seems to be a little more specific then Disney's. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I be able to pack a simple PB&J and bring it into the park?

Thank you for any help you all can offer.

Universal Orlando does allow park guests to bring in outside food. Per Universal Orlando policy, what is and what is not allowed mostly comes down to how it needs to be stored. Foods that need to be heated up or refrigerated are not allowed. This means that ready-to-eat snack items are your best bet. However, what Universal Orlando calls "picnic lunches" are not allowed.

I've never tried to bring in any type of sandwiches like PB&J, and it might depend on who is checking your bag?
I've had no issues with pretzels, apple slices, fresh bagels, trail mix or bars. Some items were store bought and packaged as well as in ziplock bags. Sandwiches as simple as PB&J, sorry I can't help. Hopefully others will chime in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter