Packing for 4 days: April trip & carry on only

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
im doing a quick trip in April. 4 days plus one travel day. I am flying and doing one carry on and NO checked bag. I've never been to WDW at this time of year.

What are your tips, tricks, and/or must have items?

Thank you!!

Not sure when in April but living here I can tell you that April is one of THE best weather months to be in WDW. It should be warm. Like warm enough for northerners to swim warm (no FL swimmers this time of year). Highs are normally in the 80's and lows in the mid-high 60's that time of year. Typically, low humidity. Last year was a little warmer than usual but hopefully this year will stay to normal pattern as above.
Coming from Canada, you probably are fine w/ just a few pairs of shorts and tees. Maybe one pair of long pants cause even if it does tend to be chilly for us FL peeps, it should be very warm to you.
Only must have that I can think of is Sunscreen. The sun starts to crank up this time of year and sneaky sun burn happens to the unprepared.

One pair or shorts and one pair of pants, a couple or three tshirts, one long sleeve cotton shirt, a light weight jacket or sweater and something in case it rains and you are good to go.

We are also going 4 days in april, but even for trips up to 3 weeks, we never check bags.
For disney- I would wear jeans and a zip up sweatshirt on the plan, pack pj's, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of capris, 3 shirts, socks/underwear and an extra pair of sneakers. Add in a small bag of toiletries, headphones and a kindle, and this generally fills a back pack, but we will bring a carry on that is half empty. It's totally do able, just always wear your biggest items so you never have to fit them in your bag.

You can easily do carry on only for 4 days. I go for 2 weeks with carry on only. In the summer my clothes are so lightweight. I also do laundry after 7 days. So 4 days should be easy to pack carry on.

Wear your bulkiest and heaviest stuff on the plane.

Totally manageable. Rick Steves' website is a terrific source for carry on only traveling.

Just a carry on. Have an empty bag for souvenir stuff for the ride home.
Yup- planning this for May exactly..... (I've packed for a 2 week trip in a carryon duffel in the past so....) We're all just going to toss our favorite summer clothes into a duffel...really easy! Travel size for toiletries(I have so many bottles I just refill and reuse) Even if I needed 4 different outfits it's easy, but I can easily wear the same stuff by combining outfits

Just in case it rains...bring water proof sandals. We were there last April, and it was very warm with a few afternoon downpours. May the pixie dust be with you. pixiedust:

We are also going 4 days in april, but even for trips up to 3 weeks, we never check bags.
For disney- I would wear jeans and a zip up sweatshirt on the plan, pack pj's, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of capris, 3 shirts, socks/underwear and an extra pair of sneakers. Add in a small bag of toiletries, headphones and a kindle, and this generally fills a back pack, but we will bring a carry on that is half empty. It's totally do able, just always wear your biggest items so you never have to fit them in your bag.
I'm flying down for four days in April too, and I pack about the same as you do. I'll wear jeans, a hoodie and sneakers on the plane and then change into lighter park clothes when we get there. Also, I wear the same travel outfit on the flight home to eliminate packing an outfit for a fifth day.

When traveling with carryon's only it can get tricky. So I would do the carryon plus personal make sure to your handbag will fit inside. I have Mickey tote that I use this way you get extra space.

Flying - Wear your sneakers, and jeans- I like to wear my yoga style pants loose fitting and if you dampen with some water and hang up they will be ready for the flight home , light weight water proof jacket - I have a Columbia jacket that is great, I did buy a mans jacket it was longer, had a better hidden hood, and cost a lot less and it does double duty for cool or windy evenings or afternoon down pours.

4- Shorts / capris, 5 or 7 tops ( tanks tops do not take up much room), underthings/socks, sleepwear, 2 flip flops/sandals, 2 swimwear, 1 cover up. Even a casual dress or skirts
Travel size shampoo and such, make sure to maximize all the Ziploc bags to get in everything you need. I do bring either a flat iron or curling iron not both - no hair dryer. Make sure everything will fit in quart size bag. DH doesn't have as much in his so I put a few things in his.

Grocery delivery if needed - water- sunscreen - a few snacks - you can purchase full size sunscreen ( you will need it) in the resort stores, or if you are using a car service ( 1 quick stop) or renting a car you could just make a quick stop and buy your hair and bath stuff, sunscreen and such so this would give you more room in your bags.

I've also traveled for two weeks with my kids, each just with a carry on (plus backpack). Of course, that trip we were going to Hawaii (we go every couple of years).

Granted, we had a washer/dryer, and I did laundry daily. But in warm weather, it is very easy to do!

For toiletries and such, we just stopped at Target and bought all that we needed full sized.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can send a Prime Pantry box with drinks, snacks, toiletries, etc... ahead of time. We did that for Pop Century.

I always do laundry every few days or so, during down time or pool time.

Wear your largest shoes; sandals pack easily. I wear sundresses a lot at Disney, which pack small. A light sweater or two works. One pair of pants or jeans is nice if we go out later at night; it can get chilly at night. But really one is enough.

Travel size toothpaste and things would be enough for just a few days, so I find that at any store - Target, Walmart, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter