• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Packing for Merrytime Cruise

Owlette78

Earning My Ears
I'm excited about our first Very Merrytime cruise in December and am enjoying thinking about what I'll pack. On cruises we've taken at other times of year (January, April) I've packed summer dresses for evenings -- summer colors, lightweight fabric etc. I know that weather-wise I could pack those for a December cruise, too, but I'm wondering if it would be better on a Christmas cruise to pack more Christmassy/wintry things (plaid, velvet, Christmas colors and so on).

Thanks! I know I am overthinking this and that it doesn't really matter!

You could take something Christmas to wear for nice pictures by the giant Christmas tree than go change in to normal lighter clothes.

I well be on Merry Time cruise too and will probably wear a few Christmas t shirt I have but more likely just wear normal cruise clothes.

I have read people like to wear matching Christmas pj‘s take pictures too.

Last year I did a lot of Christmas outfits and jumpers. Next year I plan to take a mix of Christmas outfits and normal dinner outfits (eg, a dress)

I was on the Fantasy December 2023 Merrytime Cruise. On the ship Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. For the portrait sessions many were dressed in their Christmas outfits. From fancy to pajamas. On a daily basis, especially in MDR's, there was little Christmas type of clothing. More cruise casual. Do whatever you want. What makes you happy. That's what is important.

Last year on our Merrytime cruise we saw a mix. Mostly shorts and t shirts during the day on the ship and the islands and more holiday attire around the ship in the evenings.
We also saw whole family's in matching pajamas's in the evening after dinner at times.

I wear Christmas shirts and leggins the entire cruise - my dress clothes are normal as I don't have any holiday themed dresses. When we go out in the ports I wear regular shorts and a holiday themed t-shirt. From Thanksgiving day through Christmas I wear Christmas stuff so it to totally normal for me.

If you are a person who's into Christmasy clothes, I say go for it. If you are not, why not pack some red and/or green that you already own and buy a plaid scarf just in case you want your outfits to go with the theme. We are going on a Merrytime in 2024 and one of my outfits is a black t-shirt dress I already own topped with a red buffalo plaid scarf (that I'm hoping to buy on clearance after xmas 2023.)

We're going on a Merrytime Cruise out of San Diego this November. If it empowers you to go full-holiday, my brother and I are going to wear Christmas Onesies we bought from the parks a few years ago. We're hoping to snag a photo with Santa. Also, did I mention that my bro and I are in our early 30s?

I'm excited about our first Very Merrytime cruise in December and am enjoying thinking about what I'll pack. On cruises we've taken at other times of year (January, April) I've packed summer dresses for evenings -- summer colors, lightweight fabric etc. I know that weather-wise I could pack those for a December cruise, too, but I'm wondering if it would be better on a Christmas cruise to pack more Christmassy/wintry things (plaid, velvet, Christmas colors and so on).

Thanks! I know I am overthinking this and that it doesn't really matter!
When we went on the Merrytime cruise on the Wish last November, we packed a few Christmas things. It still was really warm, so I still packed summer clothes with a few Christmas t shirts. People did decorate their doors with a lot of Christmas decorations...lights, magnets, ornaments...some were extreme...it that's at all possible, and it was a lot of fun. I did see a family that took a really cute picture in front of the Christmas tree all in the same Christmas PJ's...just adorable. There was also a beautiful large gingerbread house to take pics in front of. We got some cute ones in front of that. You'll have a lot of fun...we met Chip and Dale on the stage in the Grand Hall, dressed in their holiday finest. That would be a cute picture to take if you are dressed in your Christmas clothes. Have a great time!!

I was on the Fantasy December 2023 Merrytime Cruise.
My inner child giggled at the idea you used a Time Machine.

I am interested in knowing if ships have different color themes. Like does the Wish have more of a light blue and silver tree and Magic class have a darker or bright red and gold to match the ship?
I suspect the Mickey/Minnie outfits are the same throughout the line. But would be interested to know if the Wish is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter