Packing tips needed

lea82501

Earning My Ears
My future hubby and I are going to Disney for the first time in September on our honeymoon. Just the two of us and we are stumped about packing. We will be there from 9/5-9/16. How many outfits should we pack? We are planning on doing laundry half way through the trip to eliminate having to pack 12 pairs of shorts. I don't even own that many pairs of shorts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Honestly though, why would you want to do laundry on your honeymoon???? We are heading there in 14 months for our honeymoon and I have decided that we are not going to do laundry there. It's our honeymoon, and we figured that it is a time to relax after the crazy wedding we will be having (our family's are very opposite, his parents are not together, etc). Anyways, packing tips. I'm sure you can figure out the clothes you want to take, the usual shorts, I usually pack 1 pair of dress pants or jeans, t-shirts, tank tops, double the socks (I change them half way through the day), undergarments, bathing suits, etc. Don't forget, if you like it, to pack wine, bottle opener, candles, lighter, etc. for a little romance after the parks. If you are flying, you can bring the wine on your carry on for a safer ride there. alcohol is expensive down there.
We usually wear the same pair of shorts more then one day to save on packing so much, but make sure to bring extra shoes. Rotate them each day, or change them half-way through the day. As for outfits, that depends on you. Are you planning on dining in a nicer restaurant? If so, pack appropriate clothes for that. If you are planning on going out at night to Pleasure Island, pack some dancing clothes. If you just want to go down there for a WDW experience in the parks, I would bring 8 shorts, 1 pants, bathing suits, undergarments, about 20 pairs + of socks, t-shirts, tank tops, 2/3 pairs of shoes, hats, light coat or sweater, etc.

Don't overpack. We did that the first time we went and it was a pain. Also, usually people buy some clothes when they are down there, so we decided that those clothes we can use when we are down there too. SO if you are planning on buying some clothes when you are down there, plan on wearing those too, just so you don't have to pack as much.

Anyways, I hope that I have helped you. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Joline

I agree that you should be able to plan on wearing shorts and pants more than once, especially denim. I would pack all of your underwear and socks, and as many shirts as you have that you actually like to wear. If you end up needing to do laundry, then do it, and if you don't, great.

Rather than taking up space packing so many socks, bras, etc., I always take a sample-size bottle of liquid detergent. I also pack some plastic clothespins that have a hook on one end so they fit over the shower pole. Then whenever I get a minute I can wash out a few things and hang them up to air dry. Might not be the cleanest they've ever been, but it will get you by and you won't have to do laundry. Saves money too.
A packing tip: Roll your clothes. This saves space in your suitcase, and really cuts down on wrinkles if you're careful how you roll.

I would pack 6 prs of shorts, 1 pr of pants,maybe one sundress, 6 of each type of undergarment you wear, and 12 prs of socks. Undergarments and socks can be quickly rinsed out and left to dry in your room, you can wear shorts 2 times. As far as shirts, I'd pack about 8 for each of you...you will buy a few things while you're there, and you can always wear those too!!!! Every hotel has a washer/dryer, and also a laundry service. If you're running out of clothes, sit by the pool and do your laundry(the laundry facilities are usually near the pool for this reason!), or send it out to the hotel laundry and have them do it.;)

In all our trips to the World, I've never done a load of laundry. Not even when our four kids were little. Wear shorts more than once, pack plenty of shirts, socks, and underwear, and forget it!!! You're there to have fun....

The last time we went I did laundry for the first time and I'll be honest I wouldn't NOT , NOT do it ever again...I could pack half as many clothes as I usually do, plus you get to wear your favorite outfits twice...because they are clean again, and it was soooo easy. Our room bordered the pool so when I got up in the am I would walk over throw the load in, by the time Hubby and DD were ready and myself showered it was done so on the way to breakfast throw it into the dryer then by the time your down with breakfast, it is ready again on your way back to the room to do last minute things before you head into the Parks...we always go back to the room to brush our teeth....just makes us all feel better for the LONG day ahead..........if you don't have time to fold it just hang up quick blouses and fold it later...........it was nice also do the last load the day we left and to go home without a huge load of WASH to do when we got home.......One load midweek works well though........you'll have time......even though it's your honeymoon........it's quick, easy and helps YOU out in the long run ........packing wise and coming home..have a BLASt we went there on our honeymoon 12 years ago too.......we stayed at CBR......On to Port Orleans -Riverside in 91 days ...yea.....;)

We just got back this week and I way overpacked. We did go with 3 kids and I overpacked because I had read about fresh socks and underwear for everyone at the end of the day. I would defintely pack half of what you normally would and do laundry. I did 3 loads of wash one day, it only took 1 1/2 hours at the Polynesian while the kids were in the Arcade. Remember when you do wash on vacation you're not waiting to refill the same machine. I did 3 loads at the same time and then used 2 dryers. I would definitely do this again, it was no big deal.

(P.S. I never did laundry on vacation before)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter