Paddlefish, thoughts?

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
I had my DH look through all the menus of the restaurants we could visit for our date night. He liked Paddlefish the best.

We will have the dining plan and I understand this to be a 2 credit meal. Is there anything on the menu we cannot order?

Most importantly, what do you think about it? I know it recently reopened (Feb 2017), so recent reviews would be great!

I enjoyed Paddlefish when we went in September. My husband and I each ordered one of the boils (which came with a few different types of king, queen, snow crab legs, and some other things). I think those were the most expensive items on the menu and they were covered in the DDP.

The update to the restaurant is great, it's way better than Fultons was. And the sunset views are awesome! I believe they also have a rooftop bar, which we didn't have time to visit but would be cool!

I was completely underwhelmed the one time we tried it but some friends swear by the bar there. If you can handle a little noise The Boathouse is far superior (and we may have just caught it on a noisy night).

I was completely underwhelmed the one time we tried it but some friends swear by the bar there. If you can handle a little noise The Boathouse is far superior (and we may have just caught it on a noisy night).
I looked into getting a ressie until I could talk it over again with DH to make sure he was sure but their only times are 3:15 and 9:45. Neither work for us (my sister will have our kids walking around Disney springs while we dine for our anniversary dinner).

We went to paddlefish shortly after it opened. Service was excellent but food was “meh”. I agree with the posters above- boathouse is a much better option. More flavorful food and neat atmosphere.

We were there last July and enjoyed it. We enjoy Boathouse more, but Paddlefish is not a bad choice.

That was one of his top 5, but he likes the menu at Paddlefish better. Why would you go to the Boathouse instead?

It's a fairly similar menu but Boathouse's reputation is vastly better. It's arguably the most popular restaurant in Disney Springs, compared to Paddlefish which is one of the least popular.

Agree Boathouse is the better option. At Paddlefish, the food is very hit-or-miss, and the service subpar when factoring in the host/hostess end, as well. We've been twice, and the only good thing I can say about it is that the lobster corn dogs are good. That's it.

How was the atmosphere?
We went for lunch not dinner. I would love to experience the top deck bar at sunset!,
We found the atmosphere great. Our server was efficient, friendly but not overbearing. We sat in the boil kitchen (?) and we enjoyed watching the action.
We would return for lunch and I would love to go for dinner too

We ate at Paddlefish in December. We were seated downstairs. We ordered boils. Food was good but not great. The dining room was full. Acoustics are terrible... we couldn’t hear each other without yelling. We ended up just eating as if we were dining alone and leaving as soon as we could... no fun. Won’t go back.

We ate at Paddlefish in December. We were seated downstairs. We ordered boils. Food was good but not great. The dining room was full. Acoustics are terrible... we couldn’t hear each other without yelling. We ended up just eating as if we were dining alone and leaving as soon as we could... no fun. Won’t go back.
Do you recall which dining room you were in? I understand there are several.

Do you recall which dining room you were in? I understand there are several.

I don't know the name of the dining room. But, as you enter the restaurant, turn left before the host/hostess station and the room is right there. There is a bar, two rows of tables separated by a brass rail, and a open kitchen where they were doing the boils all in that room.

Hard floor, hard ceiling, hard walls, hard glass in front of the kitchen... other than the guests, not a sound-absorbing piece of material to be found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter