Paddlefish

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried Paddlefish; and if so, what did you eat and did you like it? Also, is it a place that is okay for young children? Our daughter will be 2-1/2.

The reviews were so mixed I finally switched out our upcoming trip from Paddlefish to Jiko. I wasn't able to find too many positive experiences in my search. Interested to see if anyone has been there recently though

We ate there twice in March. Had one of the boils both times and very good.

We just ate there in early may. Everything was great, especially the service! I would definitely return.

Our table had:
Stone Crab Claws
Lobster Corn Dogs
Cesar Salad
Bacon and Egg
Fish and Chips (with regular fries)
New England Clam Chowder (Little Heavy on the Bacon Flavor)
Sea Bass En Papillote
Prohibition Mai Tai
Captain Handsome
Chablis from the Glass List
Albariño from the Glass List

When you go there ask for Owen, one of the best if not the best server we had the entire vacation, he's going for his initial level certification in the court of Master Sommeliers and nailed the wine pairings!

I had the salmon and couscous in April. The salmon was served over cooked and the couscous lukewarm.

The restaurant is pretty inside; service was good.

They had the blinds down all over as the sun was coming in on one side. I guess they couldn't open a few individually.

They gave wiki sticks to the kids; they were awesome.

It was ok, but we won't go back.

We ate at Paddlefish last night. It was really busy at Disney Springs, and we had no ADR. We tried to get a table at a few places, but the waits were too long, and we were getting hangry (not a good situation with my family!). We got lucky at Paddlefish with 4 bar seats (it was me, DH and adult DD and DS). We all enjoyed our food/drinks, but it seemed like a more adult-friendly place. There were families there with kids though, and they do have a kids menu. It's pricey. DS had shrimp and grits, DD had the opah, DH had the catfish, and I had a cup of clam chowder and the charred octopus appetizer. It was all delicious!

We just ate there in early may. Everything was great, especially the service! I would definitely return.

Our table had:
Stone Crab Claws
Lobster Corn Dogs
Cesar Salad
Bacon and Egg
Fish and Chips (with regular fries)
New England Clam Chowder (Little Heavy on the Bacon Flavor)
Sea Bass En Papillote
Prohibition Mai Tai
Captain Handsome
Chablis from the Glass List
Albariño from the Glass List

When you go there ask for Owen, one of the best if not the best server we had the entire vacation, he's going for his initial level certification in the court of Master Sommeliers and nailed the wine pairings!
Thanks Steg this is VERY helpful.

We ate at Paddlefish last night. It was really busy at Disney Springs, and we had no ADR. We tried to get a table at a few places, but the waits were too long, and we were getting hangry (not a good situation with my family!). We got lucky at Paddlefish with 4 bar seats (it was me, DH and adult DD and DS). We all enjoyed our food/drinks, but it seemed like a more adult-friendly place. There were families there with kids though, and they do have a kids menu. It's pricey. DS had shrimp and grits, DD had the opah, DH had the catfish, and I had a cup of clam chowder and the charred octopus appetizer. It was all delicious!
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter