Paddock or Grandstand

DonaldDuck21

Mouseketeer
Staying at Saratoga in May and updating my room request preferences. Staying in a standard 1 BR. Can someone give Pro's or Con's of either area. Thanks

I think it depends on if you have kids with you. The paddock pool has a slide and a quick service. The grandstand has a splash area and just sandwich type stuff and is open seasonally. for peace and quiet the grandstands are good.

Grandstand is the 1st bus stop so pretty much guaranteed a seat. However it means 4 more bus stops before leaving the resort when headed to a park. It also means first off the bus when you return. Paddock is the 3rd stop so still usually seats avail and the bus ride is always the same length (2 stops on the way there and back). It has a great pool (the 2nd feature pool with the kids area) but is a longer walk to the main building and pool than the Grandstand area. Also paddock is a long section (set up in a line vs a square/rectangle) so if you are on one of the very end rooms can be a much further walk to carriage house. We like the paddock area but have never stayed at grandstand

We stayed in Paddock but the closest bus stop was the Congress Park bus stop. It was right across the street from the side of our building. It was also a short walk to the main building (restaurants, etc.).

Have stayed at SSR many times. We like Congress Park but have also stayed across from Congress Park in Paddock. We like that it is close to bus stop, quiet pool and hot tub and of course short walk to Disney Springs. The views of the water and Disney Springs can't be beat. I have read that many like Grandstand but that is just too remote for us. We don't do early morning buses and prefer early afternoon ones. Buses have never been a problem for us. We do love staying at SSR. OKW is our home but SSR is where we have been staying. Points go far here and we like that too.

I have only stayed at SSR once, in The Paddock area. Location wise I found it to be pretty good. We were able to easily walk to DS, the bus stop at Congress Park, and the pool. The walk to the main building is longer but very doable. That being said, we found our room to be in pretty rough shape. As I have no other experience staying at SSR, I don't know if this is what most of the rooms are like or not. I was kind of wondering if it was on the list for refurbishment but they haven't gotten there yet. I've spoken to other people who said their rooms in Congress Park were very nice, so maybe my theory is correct. Still, we don't spend a lot of time in the room so it was fine to deal with that in order to have such a great location.

We stayed in the Paddock two weeks ago. there was a bus stop across from our unit. The pool was right next to us. It was a shade over a 5 minute walk to the main building and boat dock to DS. I would absolutely request this spot every time.

We stayed in Paddock but the closest bus stop was the Congress Park bus stop. It was right across the street from the side of our building. It was also a short walk to the main building (restaurants, etc.).
The Paddock has a bus stop at the pool.

We stayed in the Paddock two weeks ago. there was a bus stop across from our unit. The pool was right next to us. It was a shade over a 5 minute walk to the main building and boat dock to DS. I would absolutely request this spot every time.
What building (or Room number were you in) I'm looking to request something in Paddock that doesn't involve as much walking. With % kids I need one of the areas that has a lifeguard but isn't preferred room so Paddock's the only choice .

What building (or Room number were you in) I'm looking to request something in Paddock that doesn't involve as much walking. With % kids I need one of the areas that has a lifeguard but isn't preferred room so Paddock's the only choice .
The 5100 building

Rooms 5501-5836 according to the resort map...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter