• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Paid for an upgrade at the port

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
Hi! I just got home last night from the January 2 Wonder (3 nights) to share that I got a good deal on an upgrade at the port. We were originally assigned to a category 11 room for which we paid 1500 for the four of us. We have only stayed in rooms with a verandah so decided to check into an upgrade. If I had upgraded the week before my cruise to a cat. 5 (no cat 6's were available), the price increase would have been $3500! That's right! Our original price was with the early booking savings. Disney was asking $5050 for a cat 5 on a 3 day cruise the week prior. However at the port it only cost us $578. to upgrade from a cat.11 to a cat 5.
I will warn you that it is best to get to the port early (we were there a bit before 11:00) and go directly to the Castaway Club desk or next to it. That is where they check for any possible rooms available to upgrade to.
Hope this info was helpful!
Ann

Lucky you! We will be cat. 6, and the only upgrade I would be interested in paying for is to a 3. (Magic) Has anyone ever done this upgrade at port? If so, how much was it? Not very many 3's available at boarding I bet!

Welcome back Ann! Sounds like you had a WONDERful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter