Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, when might Disney actually implement something considering capacity increases?
Sooner rather than later I would hope, but it will depend on what they implement and when the technology can handle the additional processes. When they ran a test it actually shut down the whole system even for ihd and call center for about an hour. I figure at this point that is all that is holding it back. Having the platform handle it all without crashing

Anyway, when might Disney actually implement something considering capacity increases?
Should be sometime between now and July 4th. The actual/official 'when' is unfortunately up in the air until an official announcement. Could come sooner. Could get delayed. Vague? Yes. :laughing:

Should be sometime between now and July 4th. The actual/official 'when' is unfortunately up in the air until an official announcement. Could come sooner. Could get delayed. Vague? Yes. :laughing:
So if I have a July 9-19th trip my chances of having some sort of fastpasses, paid or otherwise, seem very very low? Even if they announce it, I assume it won't start immediately?

So if I have a July 9-19th trip my chances of having some sort of fastpasses, paid or otherwise, seem very very low? Even if they announce it, I assume it won't start immediately?
I think if tue announce it in tue next week or so it will be implemented for sometime in July. I have a feeling they are going to go to a 30 day booking window so that it doesn't impact people getting dining reservations

I would actually think you have a decent chance from what I've been hearing. Not sure on the exact details, but would think they would start the reservations at a specified time within a few days after announcing.

We are there over that same time period and I think we will NOT see FP or anything like it return over that time frame. It's just too soon to implement something like that now. The standby lines are moving relatively quickly now and Disney certainly has many more things on their plate right now.

Ok - post reading the above answers - I hope I am DEAD WRONG! ;)

I think if tue announce it in tue next week or so it will be implemented for sometime in July. I have a feeling they are going to go to a 30 day booking window so that it doesn't impact people getting dining reservations
Yeah. I really hope both are not at 60 days. That would be just plain awful. I'm hoping they still give onsite an advantage, and maybe make it 45 and 30 days. The first month or so it's just gonna be a mad dash

It looks like fast pass machines are being installed in Epcot (blogger reported). They’re covered up at the moment. I actually looked up ‘summer’ and apparently it starts June 20, so maybe that’s the timeline Disney is shooting for.

I thought Disney would consider the crowds and sold out park passes and start fast passes soon (people were fainting from the heat last summer). The queues could be improved (interactive/shaded/seating) but I see some progress (umbrellas added).

They might as well get it out sooner rather than later. There will be bugs/crashes/tears regardless of when they roll it out.

Yeah. I really hope both are not at 60 days. That would be just plain awful. I'm hoping they still give onsite an advantage, and maybe make it 45 and 30 days. The first month or so it's just gonna be a mad dash
I'm 37 days from my trip (onsite), and it's 30 days tomorrow i think until July 4th, so if they want it to start july 4th, they're not going to be able to give those windows.

I hope it never comes back. My trip last week was amazing with no FPS to clog the lines.

Try going these days without COVID restrictions and without FP+. You'll wait in 60+ minute lines all day. There are tons that will disagree with this but the amount of people going now is more than in previous years.

The delivery of the FP+ Kiosks at Epcot is definitely interesting. Could Disney re-start FP+ before they introduce a new system - or are they more ready than we're giving them credit for and they'll be introducing a new system soon? Hearing others say before July 4th they'll announce something - would be interesting if they announce it to start just before the 50th starts so they can test it out and hopefully have it working great by then.

The MickeyViews video seemed to think they still weren't even sure what they're doing yet - if thats the case, an announcement before July 4th seems unlikely, unless it is just a soft launch with the name and marketing but without any details yet.

I see many are against paying for FP because it used to be free. What if became those that stay on property get 3 free ones per park day. After that you pay for them.

I suspect something like this is what will happen. Its the local AP holders that will be angry since they never really have a reason to stay on property.

They would have to make the lightening pass only available to people staying on property otherwise people would start staying offsite to save money that they could then spend on the pass. I think if people were buying this pass they’d cut down on their spending in the parks in general. Most people have a budget and if the pass takes money from that budget then they’ll have to make cuts elsewhere.

I see many are against paying for FP because it used to be free. What if became those that stay on property get 3 free ones per park day. After that you pay for them.

Can see this being the case, with the number tiered to hotels. Deluxe get 3, Moderates 2 and Value/Good Neighbour get 1.

Try going these days without COVID restrictions and without FP+. You'll wait in 60+ minute lines all day. There are tons that will disagree with this but the amount of people going now is more than in previous years.
I just came back from WDW on Monday. The parks were at full 50% capacity with Covid restrictions on many rides which made some of the waits longer. My last trip was in October 2019 and the crowd itself was about the same but the stand-by lines were much, much longer in 2019. This trip, only a couple of attractions had waits over an hour and most of them were 30 minutes and under. I knocked off the longer ones in the first hour the park was open or the last 2 hours that the park was open. The rest of the time I had blissfully short non-FP waits and, more importantly, the line kept on moving. 25 minutes for BTMR on Memorial Day weekend? Yes please! FP only really shortens your wait on 3-5 rides thoughout a whole day and jams up the standby lines all day from park opening and closing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter