Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume on some rides where the Fastpass+ reader is only when you get on the ride, you could jump the line (especially in the areas where there is a pass through "door" or a chain) from the standby side to the Fastpass side and if there are no CMs around, they wouldn't know. However, people in the standby line might make a stink to a CM - and now CMs have to deal with a situation.

Many rides now have a reader right before you get on the line, so if you did jump the line, you have to scan again - and that prevents jumping in line like that.

I know on Flight of Passage they have this - and it really sucked when we did a rider switch and the CM did not properly program the rider switch onto my wife's Magicband - so when she went to get in line, the CM at the front let her go (I guess it was the same CM and he remembered her) - but when she got to the front, it didn't work - creating a really crappy situation - even though we didn't do anything wrong, it immediately raised suspicions with the CM at the front.
ahhh i see what you're saying now.

I had something somewhat similar happen on Soarin. I scanned the first one with my youngest son, he didnt and all of a sudden decided he didnt want to go, right when i scanned it, so i looked at the CM and asked if i could go take him back to my wife who was waiting, she said sure, just let me know when you get back here. Of course when i went back literally 2 minutes later, CM's traded positions and someone else was there, after i explained it to him, he let me go, but for sure he thought i was doing something i wasnt supposed to be doing.

I think the poster is talking about when people jump out of the stand-by line and into the FP line. They are caught at the FP+/stand-by line merge when they are asked to tap in. I can imagine that the interaction between cheaters who are caught and the CM who caught them is not pleasant, but they still need to do that now so the poster's argument is irrelevant.
yeah i get it now. i've seen that happen on Space Mountain. wife and i laughed, these people thought they were cheating the system, until they got to the front where you had to scan again, and the CM sent them all the way out of the building to the end of the line.

If they do this, I hope they'll put ROTR and all the new and upcoming rides on the FP system. I think we need as many competing attractions as possible on the system, to spread out the demand. For example, when Tron Lightcycle and Guardians coaster open, those shiny new goodies will necessarily take some demand and pressure off ROTR.

yeah i get it now. i've seen that happen on Space Mountain. wife and i laughed, these people thought they were cheating the system, until they got to the front where you had to scan again, and the CM sent them all the way out of the building to the end of the line.
I wish universal would do more second checks. I saw kids jumping into the express line several times last trip. Super annoying when you are paying for the express access

Yeah, I guess nobody has confirmed it - but I've read comments from others who have said the Boo Bash will be limited to 3,000-5,000 guests versus MNSSHP which was limited to 20,000 guests per night. That alone justifies the price difference as you could probably walk onto every single ride in the park. If that is the way the Christmas party is, I'll definitely pay up for it.
I wouldn't trust a comment from anyone who claims MNSSHP was limited to 20K guests.

Believing in Disney.. Today is a month from the 4th.. maybe today? Nope no more hopes and dreams
Im hoping with the Mayor having his conference this morning that he will lift the mask restrictions and then Disney will follow with a bunch of big announcements by this evening! 🤞
ETA I have no insider information so take this hope with a grain of salt lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter