Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is inevitable in some way or another, and as many have noted this has already crept in through some of the current offerings.

It's not inevitable, it's Disney's choice. You don't need to take away from people to charge more. They could have just added an option to buy, but now they are practically forcing people to buy by taking away the 3 free fast passes.

I really hope we are all overreacting right now. I'll be happy to eat my own words.

It's not inevitable, it's Disney's choice. You don't need to take away from people to charge more. They could have just added an option to buy, but now they are practically forcing people to buy by taking away the 3 free fast passes.

I really hope we are all overreacting right now. I'll be happy to eat my own words.
Agree - no need to overreact until we see what if any changes actually occur.

By inevitable, I mean that in my opinion, the risk/benefit analysis for Disney has always favored a move toward more paid FPs.

On the flip side, were WDW resorts empty before the current FP system?

hard to compare as times are so different ... they build the original values to compete with the I-4 hotels to get people on to property and then added benefits and then raised prices so not really a A=B scenarios

It does feel like ability to book 3 FP+ at 60+ days is something they push as a benefit of staying on site - so wonder how they will keep that (even if just in how they market it even if actual value is reduced)

I remember the parking fee outrage. I remember the outrage over paid morning and after close events "taking the place of EMH."

So you could say they've been preparing us for this. There are many ways I can offset the price. That's what I will have to do on my next 2 trips (IF this is in place in July).

ETA: kind of funny how they've added more hotels to the 60 day rule. Kind of a GOTCHA moment, because you'll have to PAY now.

They would still be giving you a free option. Why should disney stop monetizing things when people keep paying it?

Nothing will stop them until a recession hits and people stop paying. People keep paying for add ons and what not so why should disney stop monetizing everything?

and it is tough - crowds are still there, people are paying it ... AND they are investing now billions of $ into the parks so that does have to come with a price

I mean, it would be wonderful if prices never went up and crowds got lower - but what d people want Disney to do in order for that to happen? Like you said, until a recession comes, what is Disney to do?

and it is tough - crowds are still there, people are paying it ... AND they are investing now billions of $ into the parks so that does have to come with a price

I mean, it would be wonderful if prices never went up and crowds got lower - but what d people want Disney to do in order for that to happen? Like you said, until a recession comes, what is Disney to do?
Yep, I don’t see any drastic changes in how they are operating until a recession happens.

They don't have the capacity to give out what they do now and also sell them. If they wanted anything worthwhile to sell, they had to claw back what used to be free (at least part of it).

As the Wall street crowd says..."they are pricing for perfection"
It won't last and things will change..

I've traveled to WDW so long that I've seen it in a recession, but the biggest impact I saw directly was when war happens, or acts of terror. I must say, I prefer the parks busy, because it lets me know there is relative stability, and people feel safe traveling. That said, change doesn't come easily. I do still trust Disney as a company at this point to keep dialing it in and making changes as needed; if paid FP's results in less monetary influx or lagging reservations, I'm sure they will adapt. Just wanting to see the actual details.

They would still be giving you a free option. Why should disney stop monetizing things when people keep paying it?

Who says stop? Go ahead. But stop taking away what they used to give for free and start giving some REAL perks to resort guests.

I'm not defending Disney on this move. It's greed, pure and simple. Can they do this? Sure, but it doesn't make it right.

Disney has become Gordon Gecko. :rotfl:

Who says stop? Go ahead. But stop taking away what they used to give for free and start giving some REAL perks to resort guests.

I'm not defending Disney on this move. It's greed, pure and simple. Can they do this? Sure, but it doesn't make it right.

Disney has become Gordon Gecko. :rotfl:
I understand that and I don’t like it in anyway shape or form but until a recession happens they are going to keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter