Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one hope that if Disney brings back FP+, they do it with a 60-day window, and not “We’re starting it up in two weeks for the 4th.” What a mad scramble that would be, with everyone with park passes trying for the same blocks of FPs at the same time (rather than stretched out over 60-day/30 day, day by day as each vacation start date rolls around). And could the system even take into account who has passes for what park?

I for one hope that if Disney brings back FP+, they do it with a 60-day window, and not “We’re starting it up in two weeks for the 4th.” What a mad scramble that would be, with everyone with park passes trying for the same blocks of FPs at the same time (rather than stretched out over 60-day/30 day, day by day as each vacation start date rolls around). And could the system even take into account who has passes for what park?

Absolutely not for me. I am going in the next 3 weeks and would want it started ASAP. There was always a mad scramble, with 100 percent capacity. Could it be harder? Yes, but we'd all make it work. Disney probably has been working on that when it comes to park passes. IMO if they were to bring it back, its to combat the crowds that plan on seeing this summer. Saying it starts in 30-60 days would defeat the purpose imo

Absolutely not for me. I am going in the next 3 weeks and would want it started ASAP. There was always a mad scramble, with 100 percent capacity. Could it be harder? Yes, but we'd all make it work. Disney probably has been working on that when it comes to park passes. IMO if they were to bring it back, its to combat the crowds that plan on seeing this summer. Saying it starts in 30-60 days would defeat the purpose imo

I hope that the standard protocol for both fastpass and dining reservations go back to what they were pre-covid, BUT rolling fastpass out in the standard 30/60 day window would do this summer's guests absolutely no good. This summer is going to be mayhem and if i were going in that timeframe, I'd much rather do the mad dash for fastpasses than have no chance of getting any at all. That said, I think there is some kind of compromise in there. They could make it so that guests could make their fastpasses even just a week out. That way it would still be on a rolling basis instead of a complete free-for-all.

I hope that the standard protocol for both fastpass and dining reservations go back to what they were pre-covid, BUT rolling fastpass out in the standard 30/60 day window would do this summer's guests absolutely no good. This summer is going to be mayhem and if i were going in that timeframe, I'd much rather do the mad dash for fastpasses than have no chance of getting any at all. That said, I think there is some kind of compromise in there. They could make it so that guests could make their fastpasses even just a week out. That way it would still be on a rolling basis instead of a complete free-for-all.
I guess that’s what I’m thinking—on site guests have so few advantages as it is. Some balance in releasing any FPs would be nice. I also got the impression that lines seemed to move fairly quickly with no FP lines to clog the process. That may have been when capacity was low, though. That said, I’ll be happy if the even bring FPs back—I really don’t think I’d like all virtual queues!

This is the only thing that keeps me thinking that fastpass+ may remain as a perk for onsite guests where off-site guests could bear the brunt of a fastpass upcharge.
I kind of agree with you. The only difference is I see is on site guests being limited to the 3 free ones and have to pay for more.

We booked off site for this trip over the 4th and would love FP to return by then but I'm not gonna be butt hurt if it only comes back for on site guests. I took the risk booking off site since there's no current benefits for on site, knowing they could bring them back at any time.

I kind of agree with you. The only difference is I see is on site guests being limited to the 3 free ones and have to pay for more.

A scenario like this would be perfectly acceptable for me, personally. I'd marginally miss the opportunity to book extra fastpasses, but we typically do just fine with the standard 3 a day. We aren't local so our trips are sporadic, but when we do come, we do longer trips, meaning we have plenty of park days and can usually mange to book our fastpasses ahead of time for pretty much all the attractions that are important to us. Disney is actually likely to get more of my money if this was the model. Because if they are going to upcharge me even $50 per person per day for fastpasses that's an extra $2000 added on to my 10-day vacation. In that case, not only am I not paying for and Disney gets no more of my money, but I will likely be planning my vacations elsewhere in the future. On the other hand, I'm way more likely to shell out a bit extra to book those extra fastpasses that don't fit into the 3 a day you might get as a resort guest, as long as I get to decide how much it's worth to me. I could see this being a problem though for guests who do shorter stays and depend on those 4th and 5th and 6th fastpasses to accomplish all of their favorites within one park day.

Really if its paid FP you really only need it for MK and HS. Since other 2 parks really don't need FP. So I wouldn't mind having to pay for 2 days, but if we were forced to pay for the whole trip I'd have a problem.

Really if its paid FP you really only need it for MK and HS. Since other 2 parks really don't need FP. So I wouldn't mind having to pay for 2 days, but if we were forced to pay for the whole trip I'd have a problem.
You definitely need it for MK & HS but it would also be useful in AK for FoP and KS. Also in Epcot for Soarin and MS.

The KS and FOP also get really long lines in AK and the last time I was in Epcot I waited over an hour for TT. The lines for Soarin and Frozen get extensive as well. For people who don't want to wait in lines and don't rope drop would need fastpasses for those parks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter