Paint the Night Blue Bayou packages

If they have 2 parades that night- do they only do the package for the first parade? If not, how do you know if your ticket is for the first or the second parade? Our BB dinner reservations are for 4:00 so I assume that would be first parade?

I have a reservation that specifically states it's the 1st parade - and I think it depends on how early your reservation is during the day.

Clarification: I should specify our reservations are with the "on the go" at Aladin's Oasis which does state on the reservation which parade you get depending on what time of day you reserve your meal for. I noticed that if you wanted to eat or pick up your food at 4PM or later you get the 2nd parade. We are getting ours for lunch - and we also did want to do the 1st parade so as to be able to be in a decent spot to watch fireworks following the parade. Hopefully this is feasible.

Last edited:
If they have 2 parades that night- do they only do the package for the first parade? If not, how do you know if your ticket is for the first or the second parade? Our BB dinner reservations are for 4:00 so I assume that would be first parade?

Someone posted a link to a Facebook post from DLR Prep School and she has pictures up from her experience this past Monday, Jan 11th. (sorry can't find it right now) There is a picture of her holding a ticket that I am assuming she was given once her meal was paid for. The ticket designates a specific parade time so I am guessing that you are asked which parade time you are planning to attend?

I have reservations for Friday, Jan 22nd so I can report back on my experience if anyone would like that info.

Our experience with the sit down dining packages has been that the server gives you tickets for the next available show time when there are two shows unless you specifically request tickets for the later show. I don't know if there's an exact cut off but I would say you'll want your reservation to be about two hours before the first parade time in order to get tickets to it and not the second parade (if there's one scheduled that night).

We have PTN package reservations at BB on 1/23 at 4:30 so planning for the first parade. I'll share our experience.

These reviews are great! Keep them coming! I'm wondering what time to dine if we'd rather see the 2nd parade and wait for the fireworks

I would def like to know if the 4pm will be 1st show or not that is a good time for us to eat, all though we will be there this summer so it gets dark later so im sure it will be different.

So wait..... the viewing section for this is 2 big stretches of curbside viewing on Main Street?

What does that leave for the other guests if they want to watch on Main Street?
At a minimum, everything on the other side of Carnation Cafe and the Cinema down to the train station. And everything before the Arcade and the Starbucks I would imagine.

Last edited:
Did this tonight.

They have a sign in the "road" for checkin but you talk to the cm at the ropes. Areas on both sides of Main Street. We went to the Starbucks side and got a curb (the cm told us to go there in order to get the curb). No one ever really filled in behind us, but it did fill on the other side. Odd.

Really good viewing.

The cm let us know that once the parade was past us we should gather people and belongings and move up the street for the fireworks. We chose to not do that and left instead.

Dinner: waterside table. I liked it better than our first time there. We are all vegetarian so had the salad and the portobello. Still far too salty but decent. The salad was good. Big issues with "fairness"; when everyone has the same thing there should be the same thing on each plate. Ds's salad was loaded with pecans. I got about 4. DH got 1. DS and DH got 3 mushroom caps each. I got 2.

DH was super happy with the experience and he and DS loved the parade. They really feel it was worth it. :). My rear is still cold from sitting on the ground. ;)

There were two ladies who insisted that they had been promised seats. Not sure where they read it, though the entertainment guide ending today still talked about the Fantasmic dinner and viewing area even though F wasn't listed.
How early did you get there for your spot?

These reviews are great! Keep them coming! I'm wondering what time to dine if we'd rather see the 2nd parade and wait for the fireworks

Are you saying you would want to see the fireworks after the parade you have seating for? If so, the fireworks are after the first parade unless something has changed.

I would def like to know if the 4pm will be 1st show or not that is a good time for us to eat, all though we will be there this summer so it gets dark later so im sure it will be different.

We have dinner at 4:00 in March. I called and they said that would be for the first parade.

Are you saying you would want to see the fireworks after the parade you have seating for? If so, the fireworks are after the first parade unless something has changed.

We have dinner at 4:00 in March. I called and they said that would be for the first parade.

Yes, I'd love to stick around and see the fireworks. Might as well if we have a decent seat right? :)

Do the parade times typically stay the same? So 8pm and 10pm?

Last edited:
Just wondering how much it costs for this package? Or is it included with your meal at Blue Bayou? Thanks, Candy

Just wondering how much it costs for this package? Or is it included with your meal at Blue Bayou? Thanks, Candy

The package has a set price. Appetizer, entree, and dessert (and a beverage) for $62 per adult. Yikes.

They do take AP discounts though, so that was nice.

We didn't originally order anything to drink so they brought us 20oz Dasani bottles to take away. Then DH ordered a coffee. :)

We did a PTN package with Aladdin's on Thursday, January 14. The viewing area was the elevated area across from IASW. We were instructed to get there a half-hour early but came even earlier because we were tired. We just sat down on the ground behind the railing and then when the parade was about to start got up. It was nice that there was elbow room in that reserved area.

We enjoyed the parade so much that we came back the next night. We ended up camping out for an hour and a half behind a bench on Main Street (benches and curbs were already long since taken, so far as we saw, and people were already lining up in second rows that early). We wanted to head back to Tomorrowland after parade and fireworks so tried to stay in that area. People really pressed in behind us before the show started. It seemed super crowded compared to the night before (part of which probably was Friday vs. Thursday, and part because we were a little spoiled from having the reserved area the night before).

The package has a set price. Appetizer, entree, and dessert (and a beverage) for $62 per adult. Yikes.

They do take AP discounts though, so that was nice.

We didn't originally order anything to drink so they brought us 20oz Dasani bottles to take away. Then DH ordered a coffee. :)
Yikes! We'll have to think about that for the next time we visit. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter