Paint the Night ever coming back?

Paint the Night is THE BEST! For us, this was the greatest thing DL ever created. It's just the best - a hat tip to the MSEP but current and not campy. This parade alone made it worth it coming to the parks. What's the skinny?

I agree that PTN was the best! I wish it would return, however I don't think it will. I am not even sure of the status of the floats for it. There were often rumors of it going over to WDW for a while. Honestly, Disney does not seem to want to run nighttime parades anymore for whatever reason. 🙁

Also one of my absolute all time faves but with chatter of costumes causing cast member injuries and it being a very labor intensive parade in a current cheap out on labor at all cost environment at DL doubt we will ever is it return.

Me, too! Only got to see it once but loved it! I NEVER got to see Light Magic but I loved the music from it that I have on an old CD.

I love PTN too and wish it would return. Given the Hyperion and FL theaters are still sitting empty, I am not optimistic about PTN returning soon. The fact DLR is inserting relatively cheap temporary entertainment for Pixar Fest at these two venues is evidence of not wanting to spend money on too much entertainment right now. It would have been great to bring back a real stage show to the FL Theater and something unique to the Hyperion for Pixar Fest.

I presume it's because they don't want to spend money on a new permanent show for the Hyperion if the rumors are true that Hollywoodland is the ultimate location for Avatar. Not sure why the FL Theater will only have an "interactive" Pixar experience instead of a show, but at least they are trying out something unique.

I love PTN too and wish it would return. Given the Hyperion and FL theaters are still sitting empty, I am not optimistic about PTN returning soon. The fact DLR is inserting relatively cheap temporary entertainment for Pixar Fest at these two venues is evidence of not wanting to spend money on too much entertainment right now. It would have been great to bring back a real stage show to the FL Theater and something unique to the Hyperion for Pixar Fest.

I presume it's because they don't want to spend money on a new permanent show for the Hyperion if the rumors are true that Hollywoodland is the ultimate location for Avatar. Not sure why the FL Theater will only have an "interactive" Pixar experience instead of a show, but at least they are trying out something unique.

Man, speaking of the FL Theater, I miss Magical Map - that was such a great show!

Totally agree, best parade ever. I heard rumors last year of it returning this year. Latest rumor is that it has been delayed to next year for the 70th anniversary. I planned a trip this year hoping it would be back. Unfortunately, I will miss it if it comes next year as the current plan is WDW for 2025.

Another fan of Paint the Night. I so wish it would come back. We would have to see it a bunch of times and we aren't often in the parks at night!

Would love to see this come back! Fond memories watching it with my kids. A nice family on the curb let my kids come up and sit with their kids so they could see better. Such a sweet gesture and my kids still talk about it! Plus, being a Cars loving family, seeing Mack the truck was a huge hit!

I don't need this one to come back or the MSEP

I would like a new parade, like one day they can come back but its been a longgggggg time (9 years) since we saw a new nighttime parade at Disneyland

I’m still holding out hope for it! Would love for my friend to get to see it! The song still lives in my head.

It is by far my favorite parade. All the daytime parades kind of blend together in my head, and MSEP is not as cool for me.
I would love for it to come back, but it just doesn't seem that is going to happen.
I really enjoy PTN, but I probably prefer the old MSEP from the 90's with the original soundtrack. I don't care for the newer soundtrack of MSEP as much.

It's crazy to think in 2015 for the 60th when PTN premiered, here's what DLR was doing every day:
  • PTN at DL
  • Soundsational parade at DL
  • Pixar Play Parade at DCA
  • World of Color at DCA
  • Disneyland Forever Fireworks at DL
  • Fantasmic! at DL
  • Mad Tea Party at DCA
  • Aladdin at Hyperion DCA
  • Mickey and the Magical Map at FL Theater DL
Pretty crazy compared to current days how much daily entertainment has been cut, isn't it?

From my window, Disneyland isn't the value it used to be when comparing money paid to entertainment and number of rides possible in a day. It's still busy so people (including us) still see value in it and go, but so much has been cut while prices have gone up. I guess candy bars are the same thing, higher price and less in the package. Despite all my complaining, we may upgrade to Magic Keys when we are there the end of the month if they are available. Anyway, I REALLY miss Paint the Night--my favorite parade by far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter