Paint the Night Parade and Disneyland Forever Fireworks Strategy

Bumping this because there were several requests just on the first page about PTN and fireworks.
Thanks for the bump, a single superthread is more valuable than multiple redundant discussions.
(Moderators have closed at least one of those today)

I have wanted to share some observations about viewing near the hub, but it seemed like a waste of effort with new threads starting almost daily.

(OT: Go Sharks!)

If I understand this thread correctly, for people who aren't keen on grabbing a spot well before the Paint the Night parade starts, the best strategy is to view the PTN parade from the area in or around It's a Small World and to then "follow" the last float vehicle in the PTN parade into Main Street and to then wait there to view the fireworks. Is that correct?

BUT, if you're not interested in following the PTN parade (or if the cast members don't allow you to follow the last float vehicle into Main Street), then you can view a decent proportion of the fireworks from the same IASW viewing area (although your view will be torn between the fireworks and projections (?) on the IASW building façade)?

Thanks for the bump, a single superthread is more valuable than multiple redundant discussions.
(Moderators have closed at least one of those today)

I have wanted to share some observations about viewing near the hub, but it seemed like a waste of effort with new threads starting almost daily.

(OT: Go Sharks!)
I have written my "strategy" so many times on different threads, that I thought bumping this one made more sense.

OT: Maybe this is this is the year we send the Kings golfing....we will know in a bit more than a week. Go Sharks!

We have booked the PTN dinner package at BB and will have the special seating for the parade. Where should we go to see the fireworks after the parade? Will we be able to see them from where we watched the parade or can we just step into Main street? Are they shot off over the castle? This is our first trip to DL.

Thanks for your help.

We have booked the PTN dinner package at BB and will have the special seating for the parade. Where should we go to see the fireworks after the parade? Will we be able to see them from where we watched the parade or can we just step into Main street? Are they shot off over the castle? This is our first trip to DL.

Thanks for your help.
You will want to get as far up mainstreet as possible from bb seating. It can be difficult with a big group or children because eveyone else will be doing the same. As long as you make up to about the carnation cafe your view of the fireworks will be good, but not great.

We usually see the fireworks right in front of Carnation. This weekend we were up in the hub on the Matterhorn side. I much preferred Main St. There were some low effects that we had never seen before, but we missed all the really cool projections and other effects they do from the buildings. You can't see them as well on the castle as you can on the Main St buildings in my opinion.

Are we talking 2-3 wait even IF you have BB dining package? Also, thought I saw somewhere the location has now changed? Sorry, I couldn't keep up with all the new threads and didn't see the answers on this one...

I was trying to see the online menu for Blue Bayou, but I cannot seem to locate one. I see the page saying it is a 3 course meal, but is it regular stuff or only certain items?

Also, I checked the reservations for the next 5 Mondays and it says nothing is available. Do you think the website is glitching or does it really fill up that far ahead of time?

There's no wine at BB? This might sound bad, but I don't think I have ever dined at a fine restaurant without a nice glass of wine.
For those of you that enjoy wine with your steak, does this take away from the experience or not?

If we are doing a blue bayou PTN package, would a 5:00 dinner be early enough to eat and get to the other side of the park in time? We are a party of 8 with 4 kids under 8, so we won't be moving all that fast.

Are we talking 2-3 wait even IF you have BB dining package? Also, thought I saw somewhere the location has now changed? Sorry, I couldn't keep up with all the new threads and didn't see the answers on this one...

Here's the thread on the BB package, probably enough to just read the last 3 pages.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/paint-the-night-blue-bayou-packages.3470993/

Short answer is - yes the location has changed to the flag pole area in front of the Main Street train station.

If we are doing a blue bayou PTN package, would a 5:00 dinner be early enough to eat and get to the other side of the park in time? We are a party of 8 with 4 kids under 8, so we won't be moving all that fast.

That should be plenty early. We had dinner at 6, were done around 7ish, had time to go on Pirates and walk through Tarzan's Treehouse quickly. Made it to the reserved area at 8:10 for the 8:45 parade (got second row seated). We probably should have skipped the treehouse, but DS was insistent.

Hi everyone my trip is nearing! Just a couple more questions. I read on undercover tourist people use blankets or sheets to save curb spots/benches and it's ok as long as someone is there. Does this work for a big blanket for a group of 6? Also I don't think I'd be able to put a blanket to save a bench would I? Everyone would need to be there to claim the bench?

And finally, if I've got a spot in the green or yellow sections on the map below, will I need to do any moving/following of the parade to see the fireworks?

disneyland-fireworks-map1.jpg

In a previous thread someone mentioned
I would try to get a seat someplace in front of Plaza Inn (yellow section, right lower side) but not on the Main St (so kind of where the 2 is lined up but on the edge by the restaurant

That sound like a good spot with no moving?

It sounds like the blanket spot saving problem is getting out of hand again. Honestly, that's enough to make me consider heading back to WDW again. That would never fly there.

Does the saving of spots work like cruiselines.....if someone is not there can we ask a cm to take the blanket away? Or if one person is saving for 6 is it ok to just sit there anyway? Not looking for a confrontation but if I am willing to sit for 2 hours but there are no spots left (2 hours before) I may be tempted.

I may scope out how the saving of spots works my first day there. I didn't even think that would be allowed

It shouldn't be allowed IMO!

My plan is to watch the parade from IASW then head to Main St following the last float. If we are not allowed we will watch the fireworks from there too. They do projections and fireworks on/over ISAW. You can look up videos on YouTube to see the show from both vantage points. The fireworks show from Main Street looks amazing but not worth $300 for a dining package or spending three hours out of my sitting on a curb amazing

Are the projections different on Main Steeet and IASW?

Where is the best place to stand near IASW to see the fireworks show & PtN parade? (We are not planning on doing the Aladdin PTN package).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter