Paint the Night to MK?

While interesting I don't understand why this would have anything to do with a nighttime parade. Disney used to run a 3PM parade, fireworks, and night parade altogether for years.
Are there potential 8pm fireworks? Or am I confusing the earlier 6p MVMCP?

This could be for the same reason closing was moved to 6 for MVMCP nights, to help encourage non-party people to leave a bit sooner. Making the change seven days a week would make it a daily consistent time change, so that you wouldn't have the parade running at 2 some days and 3 on others

And don't rule out MSEP popping up at WDW again. I know Paint the Night moving east is much more likely, and that the MEP floats have seen better days, but if this whole thing the past several years has proven anything is that nothing is an impossible option and that no possibility is ridiculous. People never thought MSEP would permanently replace Spectro. Then people thought it was a certain thing that Paint was coming to WDW. Then people thought it was a sure thing it wasn't. No one knows at this point about anything.

This could be for the same reason closing was moved to 6 for MVMCP nights, to help encourage non-party people to leave a bit sooner. Making the change seven days a week would make it a daily consistent time change.
This is what I am thinking.

The same way they always have? *shrugs* You clear the parade route and don't let people stand there after a certain time. I always liked this because it kept people from camping for a fireworks spot. You could just wait for the parade to be over, and walk up to the spot you wanted on Main Street. To me, it seems more chaotic without a parade.

Have you seen Happily Ever After? This is a different animal. The projection show is major part of show - being central, in the hub and on Main Street is important - guests were setting up in spots more than two hours ahead, long before dark, long before a night parade time - road was taped off to not stand in - guests did anyway - CMs asked over and over for them to move - they refused. CMs have minimal control of the large crowd that is now descending on the hub. Before you could enjoy the fireworks from lots of spots because the castle front was not really important to the story. Now it is.

Not saying it's not possible to have a night parade but it certainly will have major challenges and doubt it would run twice if Disney maintains these evening hours. Never say never with Disney, especially since there was strong belief it was coming last year. As always I'll believe nothing until it's operating in place. But for now, they have put a pretty good night show in that is drawing huge crowds, so maybe a parade isn't necessary.

Have you seen Happily Ever After? This is a different animal. The projection show is major part of show - being central, in the hub and on Main Street is important - guests were setting up in spots more than two hours ahead, long before dark, long before a night parade time - road was taped off to not stand in - guests did anyway - CMs asked over and over for them to move - they refused. CMs have minimal control of the large crowd that is now descending on the hub. Before you could enjoy the fireworks from lots of spots because the castle front was not really important to the story. Now it is.

Not saying it's not possible to have a night parade but it certainly will have major challenges and doubt it would run twice if Disney maintains these evening hours. Never say never with Disney, especially since there was strong belief it was coming last year. As always I'll believe nothing until it's operating in place. But for now, they have put a pretty good night show in that is drawing huge crowds, so maybe a parade isn't necessary.
Disneyland Forever was projection heavy and they had PTN.

Assuming a nighttime parade were to return, it would likely be January. And if they are still having that issue with HEA, I'm guessing said parade would run after it (HEA at 9, parade at 10 or 10:30)

They sure do. Although many would be more than happy with a second hand parade long about now.
I almost feel like everyone forgets that MSEP was also a "secondhand parade" so why is PTN an issue? They don't even run it at DL anymore and it's an amazing parade going to waste.

I almost feel like everyone forgets that MSEP was also a "secondhand parade" so why is PTN an issue? They don't even run it at DL anymore and it's an amazing parade going to waste.

It's not PTN being a "secondhand parade" that's the issue.

The problem is that, logistically, PTN cannot run at the Magic Kingdom as it was when it ended last year - parts of the route are simply too tight and narrow for the parade. So were it to come to WDW, Disney would have to redesign or simply cut parts of the parade to make it work.

It's not PTN being a "secondhand parade" that's the issue.

The problem is that, logistically, PTN cannot run at the Magic Kingdom as it was when it ended last year - parts of the route are simply too tight and narrow for the parade. So were it to come to WDW, Disney would have to redesign or simply cut parts of the parade to make it work.
PTN has undergone refurbishment work since it ended at DLR. I've heard that changes to the floats that are too big may have been made in preparation for a move to another resort (be it WDW or another).

PTN has undergone refurbishment work since it ended at DLR. I've heard that changes to the floats that are too big may have been made in preparation for a move to another resort (be it WDW or another).
Did they shrink Mack the Truck?

I would rather them shrink him than get ride of him. He's my favorite part of the parade. Maybe they'll just have smaller versions on the Cars driving around and honking at people....

....I obviously shouldn't be in charge of what happens in parades.

I don't have details, but I doubt they've shrunk him ;) It is Mack's length that was the issue I believe, so they may well have shortened him. Or maybe they'll remove him all together. Time will tell *should* PTN come to WDW.

I don't see MK getting a brand new parade just yet. Makes a lot more sense (for Disney, at least) just to throw anything for the night (if any) and hold any big thing for the 50th.

I don't see MK getting a brand new parade just yet. Makes a lot more sense (for Disney, at least) just to throw anything for the night (if any) and hold any big thing for the 50th.
That is my thought, hold out on a new nighttime parade specifically for WDW until the 50th and just use PTN (or another) as a stop-gap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter