Painting With a View

MrDVC

Mouseketeer
We went to the TOWL to watch Holiday Wishes and saw a sign on an easel for 'Painting With a View'. We called the next morning and were able to get it booked.

It's a DVC Member exclusive offering. Costs $50 per person and you will get to put your artistic (or lack thereof) abilities to work. Includes wine or sodas/water as well as some light snacks and takes place in the Top of the World Lounge. Space in each class is limited to 20 people.

If you've ever done Painting With a Twist or similar places, it's basically the same thing.

This is new and in their proof of concept stage. Today was their first offering and Dec 22nd is their next class. Call 407-824-1347 to reserve. This is the Community Hall at BLT

My wife had a blast and you can't beat the view.
IMG_3204.JPGIMG_3197.JPG IMG_3201.JPG

Neat! What did they have you paint on because it seems like a canvas as is typical with painting with a twist would be hard to pack?

Was it a Disney themed painting?

It is on canvas. Not as large as the commercial gigs offer. It's a 9x12. It's not very thick, but it's quite sturdy. The back says it's Scholastic Artist Canvas Board.

Because they won't say what the drawing is over the phone, I won't say it either. It is disney themed and I'll also go as far as to say it's winter themed as well.

Sounds like fun! Hope they deem it a success and extend the offering to at least my next trip (not until 12/2017 :sad1: )

I was upon the lounge on Monday and saw the sign. I hope I am able to do it sometimes, but will not be here on the 22. My DSis is interested too!

Thank you for the review. Were there 20 in the class?

There were only 9 people in the class. Not bad in my eyes considering the lack of advertising and it was the first class. That's partly why I'm trying to help get the word out. I think they should at least advertise it in all DVC properties if they want to see how well people respond to it. Right now, it's only advertised at BLT.

There were only 9 people in the class. Not bad in my eyes considering the lack of advertising and it was the first class. That's partly why I'm trying to help get the word out. I think they should at least advertise it in all DVC properties if they want to see how well people respond to it. Right now, it's only advertised at BLT.
I agree... I would love to give this to my DSis! We will be together in March and July.

Nice to see they are finding ways to use the room. It's probably expensive to maintain just for a fireworks viewing spot.

It was mentioned in an email I received from DVC yesterday. Is sound like a fun thing to do. The pictures in the email were of the castle.

It was mentioned in an email I received from DVC yesterday. Is sound like a fun thing to do. The pictures in the email were of the castle.
Yes, I've seen the picture of the group. It really looks like something i would do. Hope they offer it in July.

Yes, I've seen the picture of the group. It really looks like something i would do. Hope they offer it in July.

I just came back from a trip. It is the same as the OP described. However I did not paint a castle. Not sure if they change it up a bit. My class was full and we could go beyond the hours it is listed to finish up and they were not rushing us out by any means. They encouraged us to walk around outside the lounge after and take as many pics as we wanted. They did not have a wide variety of wine or beer, I think 5 choices of beer if I remember and 3 reds and 3 whites for wine, but there was pop and water. It was a great time and I would do it again.

I just came back from a trip. It is the same as the OP described. However I did not paint a castle. Not sure if they change it up a bit. My class was full and we could go beyond the hours it is listed to finish up and they were not rushing us out by any means. They encouraged us to walk around outside the lounge after and take as many pics as we wanted. They did not have a wide variety of wine or beer, I think 5 choices of beer if I remember and 3 reds and 3 whites for wine, but there was pop and water. It was a great time and I would do it again.
Good to know! Thanks for the report.

Hi, Just found this thread so I thought I would share some pictures from Painting with a View. First it's in Bay Lake Tower and they want you there at the elevators at 12:30 so they can check you in and take you up at 12:45. Note to self: Being in the lobby of the Contemporary Resort at 12:15 was close but not good enough. Plus, it took an hour from Spaceship Earth in Epcot to get here.

I definitely got the impression that they would be continuing the classes. Looked like it was sold out to me. They have classes Tuesday mornings and Thursday afternoons.
Thanks for the info! I hope they're still doing this in February. Our annual passes are good through that Tuesday...and then we'll have the rest of the week to do non-park stuff. DD14 and I would enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter