Palio dinner review - January

Robert P

GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a t
Palio dinner review – January

Wednesday January 21, 2 adults.
Arrived within 5 minutes of our 6:30 PS, and were seated immediately.
Two minor complaints - #1, the menu for Palio is at 3 places (that we saw) in the Swan (lobby, restaurant door, and actual table menu). Only 2 of them are the same, so what you think you might order may be changed on the real menu. #2 – As a party of 2, we were seated immediately inside and on the right, at a small table (for 2). The tables there (against the outside wall) have a wooden rail running along the bench seat, that takes up several inches of seating space. It was not possible for me to sit centered at the table for the meal. Why they would sit 2 people at the worst location (for 2), when it is still early and the restaurant is not 20% occupied, is a mystery.
Those complaints aside, this was a surprisingly enjoyable meal. After the Palio ‘teaspoon of wine' toast, we enjoyed the 2 types of bread (foccacio and ciabatta I believe, pardon the spelling) with olive oil. We shared the Torre di Melanzane appetizer, which was not the way I expected the eggplant to be served, but very tasty. For entrees, Tara had the Tortelline Con Arogosta, which was a green pasta, served with a good amount of lobster meat, in a mild cream sauce. A very large serving, and fairly generous on the lobster.
I had the Cioppino Del Palio, which I consider to be misleading on the menu, where its described it as a hearty fish stew. It is more like a thin fra diavalo (sp) without pasta, and this has half of a lobster tail presented on top. Lots of scallops and shrimp, and several clams and mussels included. Surprisingly good, and very filling, especially if eaten with the house bread (mentioned before). We didn’t save room for dessert, but the desserts at Palio are the weakest area of the menu anyway, and we just didn’t see anything that looked too inviting to pass up.
Food only, no adult beverages this meal, was $73 before tip. DVC discount dropped the total to $59. For $59 plus tip, this meal was one of the best deals we had on our trip. Even at $73, it was a very good meal, and still a good value. We’ll definitely be back.

Thanks for the good review! It sounds like a place I want to try!

I'm glad you enjoyed Palio's. We think of it as one of the 'hidden gems' of WDW. Thanks for posting.:bounce:

We stayed until almost 8:00, and though we did get a glance at a gentlemen (near the entrance) carrying a large instrument case, we never saw or heard anyone playing. Certainly did not come by our table while we were there.
(I wouldn't have known what to request, anyway.)

Robert P

I am glad you had a good experience. This past September we had an exceptional dining experience at Palio's and definitely added it to our "A" list. It should be considered when at EPCOT since it is a short walk or boat ride to the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter