• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo Brunch Dress Code (especially on shoes) - Strict?

Alice777

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Is Palo Brunch strict on dress code? Especially on shoes?

I have "feet problem" and is wearing podiatrist recommended tennis shoes with orthotics.

Will I have problem if I was wearing tennis shoes, not dress shoes?

Thank you

Hello,

I have "feet problem" and is wearing podiatrist recommended tennis shoes with orthotics.

Thank you
The dress code does not mention any shoes at all. You could show up barefoot and still be in dress code.
---
Dress Codes for Adults-Only Restaurants for Guests 18 and Older

Adult-exclusive restaurants aboard Disney Cruise Line ships are elegant dining experiences. Guests are requested to dress in a manner consistent with the restaurant’s atmosphere. Formal or semi-formal attire is recommended. Dress casual attire with a polished look is permitted (such as dress pants, jeans in good condition, collared shirts and blouses and lifestyle shoes). Clothing such as T-shirts, swimwear and sports attire is not permitted. Adults-only restaurants throughout the Disney Cruise Line fleet include:

• Palo: An elegant northern Italian-inspired dining venue aboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
  • Remy: A love letter to the City of Lights, serving up sophisticated French cuisine aboard the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
  • Palo Steakhouse: Acclaimed Italian cuisine is paired with world-class steakhouse fare aboard the Disney Wish.
  • Enchanté: A romantic dining venue featuring French-inspired delicacies aboard the Disney Wish.

I saw something while onboard about no flip flops at Palo. I was super nervous because I hadn't packed anything else. No one said a word. I'm sure you'll be fine!!

Hello,

Thank you
In the past I have worn new Wool blend New balance (Lifestyle shoes as described above) to brunch and been ok.

Now that there isn't a buffet to get up for your feet are under the table the whole meal anyway.

I have occasionally cleaned up a pair of shoes to wear to Palo also so they look fresh. Nothing an old toothbrush and soapy water cant fix. Maybe something to consider trying if you're still concerned about it?

DCL has really loosened up the dress code for the adult restaurants. You will be fine in your tennis shoes (now termed "lifestyle shoes", which would seem to include just about anything).

Hello,

Thank you
As long as they're clean and in good repair, you will be fine.

We actually got shamed at Remy the first time we dined there--I was wearing strappy shoes with a low heel that the person at the podium insisted were sandals. I was like they're not, they are my good shoes, and she insisted she had to talk to the chef to see if I could dine because my toes were showing. I was like...I'm not cooking??? My feet will be under the table? Also these are NICE SHOES!

She left, talked to the chef, and told me very condescendingly since I was already there the chef had agreed to let me dine. 🙄

We actually got shamed at Remy the first time we dined there--I was wearing strappy shoes with a low heel that the person at the podium insisted were sandals. I was like they're not, they are my good shoes, and she insisted she had to talk to the chef to see if I could dine because my toes were showing. I was like...I'm not cooking??? My feet will be under the table? Also these are NICE SHOES!

She left, talked to the chef, and told me very condescendingly since I was already there the chef had agreed to let me dine. 🙄
When was this?

Cruised in August on the Dream. I was very concerned about the dress code and posted here looking for info without success. I shared the new dress code with my adult children and their spouses and let them assess what they wore. One son in law did not have a collared shirt, several kids in nice looking sneakers. Not a problem at all. I also looked around carefully: several printed T-shirts worn by other guests...don't think it's an issue for brunch, in my opinion.

Cruised in August on the Dream. I was very concerned about the dress code and posted here looking for info without success. I shared the new dress code with my adult children and their spouses and let them assess what they wore. One son in law did not have a collared shirt, several kids in nice looking sneakers. Not a problem at all. I also looked around carefully: several printed T-shirts worn by other guests...don't think it's an issue for brunch, in my opinion.
It really seems to depend on the Ship and who's working. I always try to do a collared shirt just to be safe and keep the best possible environment.

DH wears blue or black new balance since has has swollen ankles. They do glance at his feet ( I watched} before letting us in at Palo dinner.

What are "lifestyle shoes?"
If you want to see what everyone is talking about, go to You Tube and watch a recent London walk through video. You will see that many people are wearing clean, white sneakers, even with their fancy clothes. Those are lifestyle shoes. Basically nice, clean sneakers. People have finally got smart and realized that your foot health is more important then "looking good". Nice sneakers have become acceptable dress shoes now.

I wear a collared shirt, non-jeans dress pants . . . sometimes a blazer jacket.
And dark sneakers.

This has always been a concern for me because nearly all of my dress shoes are open toe, and probably considered sandals, but it's so hard to find closed toe dress shoes wide enough not to pinch my toes. So far it's been ok, and honestly while I'm all about dressing up I feel like open toe dress shoes or strappy sandals should be acceptable for a dinner (where, as you say, you are NOT COOKING! lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter