Palo Brunch or dinner?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CindyH927, Aug 11, 2017.

1. CindyH927

CindyH927 Earning My Ears

Is the Palo brunch offered on all cruises? We've sailed the 3 night cruise in the past and don't remember seeing the Palo Brunch. Also, would you recommend Palo brunch or dinner?

2. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

Not all 3-night cruises have the brunch available. Some do, some don't. I've had both and liked both. Brunch was great for all the choices, and dinner was great for the chocolate souffle. If you're a big chocolate fan, I'd recommend dinner just for the chocolate souffle. Otherwise, I'd recommend brunch for the variety of options. For a longer cruise, I'd recommend both.

JW9DVC and tink1970 like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  4. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

Yes!

5. Aby

Aby Obsessive and Compulsive

I love both brunch and dinner, but if I had to give one an edge over the other it would be brunch. Palo is so calm and serene in the evening for dinner, and is a very elegant way to share a great meal. Brunch is wonderful with the wonderful sun shining in, the large windows make it feel so airy and full of energy. If you can do both I would, but if you can do only one, brunch would get my vote, unless it was for a romantic dinner for two, then I think the atmosphere in the evening would be better.

Hope this helps,

Aby

Shanti likes this.
  6. dcassetta

dcassetta DIS Veteran

Brunch seems to be offering pretty regularly now on the three night Dream cruises. It's on the Nassau day. That may not be true for your particular cruise,. I recommend both dinner and brunch, both excellence in their own ways.

mevelandry and Shanti like this.
  7. kathi

kathi DIS Veteran

We really love Palo brunch - lots of choices, it's daytime so you can look out the windows and enjoy the view and there is sparkling wine! Palo dinner is also very nice - great service and wonderful choices. If I had to pick between dinner and brunch, I think I would go with brunch but you really can't go wrong with either.

8. Rabb it

Rabb it DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed the brunch, what a great experience. And the choices!! Mmmm!

9. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

No, not ALL. But most. Typically, if a cruise has a sea day, there's a Palo brunch. Recently, the 3 night Dream cruises (with no sea day) have had the brunch added on the Nassau day.

Personally, I prefer the brunch to dinner (and I love the chocolate souffle). Now, that was before the menu change at dinner about a year ago. I still prefer brunch, but I'm more likely to go to dinner also, on occasion, now.

10. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

Brunch is wonderful, we have only done 2 short cruises where it wasn't offered. We felt like we were missing something like something was missing too.
    Dinner is very good as well. Its so quiet and peaceful compared to the MDRs, its a nice change for a night or 2.

Shanti and tink1970 like this.
  11. Otimon

Otimon DIS Veteran

Personally prefer the Palo dinner over brunch anytime!

12. luvincruising

luvincruising Earning My Ears

Ditto. The chocolate souffle at dinner is great.
    :)